Toronto Star online

cabmom

DIS Cast Member<br><font color="blue">The Tag Fair
There's an article there that says there is a yellow alert regarding Al Queda and possible hijackings again in the next 2 months. Doesn't make me feel to comfortable flying out of Buffalo to Orlando come September!!!:(
Just wondered how others feel?
Marilynn

Marilynn - my family travelled to WDW two weeks after 9/11 and then the next trip we had US was also in high alert. Other than the longer lines at security, I felt no issues in travelling or being in US. Everyone has to make their personal decisions on what they want to do with regards to travel, but I don't want to live my life in fear, so I'll carry on. I'm also flying out of Buffalo in Nov, and, of course would prefer to be travelling on a Canadian aircraft, but unless I feel personally at risk, we'll be going! My suggestion is to stop watching the news!...personally, I feel much more worried when every media outlet is out there speculating without real proof!

Coming from a person who absolutely refuses to fly (since long before September 11) you may want to take this with a large serving of salt.

With no disrepect to Jo-Anne, I think it's best that people know what is happening, and the threats that the intelligence community become aware of. Apparently this one was corroborated by more than one source - one senior official in the Department of Homeland Defence ranked its credibility as a 6 or 7 on a scale of 10 (with 10 the most credible).

My own feeling about this style of hijacking is that it likely is not going to be as successful - I guess I should say catastrophic, as it was on September 11 for the following reasons:

1) The presence of Federal Air Marshalls.
2) Armed pilots.
3) Bullet proof, LOCKED, cabin doors.
4) Stepped up screening and security - although still fallible.

Finally, and this goes back to the "staying informed" philosophy, passengers who will no longer sit still and just "do as they are told". We all know how the cell phone was used on September 11 - when the passengers on Flight 93 found out what was taking place in New York and Washington they fought back. I believe that future terrorists will encounter the same resistance - when faced with cowardly terrorists intent on using the airframe as a weapon, passengers will resist and take control of their own destiny.

If I flew, I would take some heart in that. If I flew.

And I agree with Jo-Anne - refuse to live in fear. "Let's ROLL!!!"

walking across the street!

Don't let any of this change your mind! That's what they want.

Rock and Roll!

Sorry, Getting in the mood for tomorrow night!

Hey, my girlfriend did not want to go because of her theory it would be a good venue to attack!:rolleyes:

We must carry on and live life to the fullest for those that did perish!

my.2worth

Scratch
:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter