Totally Last Minute Spring Fling! No DDP, Tons Of Pics! COMPLETE!

I am loving your reviews. That cheesecake brownie is #1 on my list to have when we head to the Boardwalk Bakery next month. I find the cupcakes at Disney always look better than they taste to me.

Thanks! :goodvibes That cheesecake brownie is a must! Highly recommend! Totally with you on the cupcakes looking better than they taste. So far, I've found that I like the Red Velvet one from Starring Rolls and the White Chocolate Elephant one from Kusafiri. Other than those two I haven't been wowed by the cupcakes at WDW.

I seriously, not even kidding, almost cried with joy at the bakery photos. I have food issues.

And you guys got exactly what I would have picked! I've never met a cheesecake brownie I didn't like and probably eat too much of. :)

I once attempted the porterhouse at YS. It's all a big meaty, juicy blur. It probably got pretty ugly. Probably better that I don't remember.

I am just loving your entire report!

LOL! about Capt Eo...I was a teenager in the 80's and I cannot stand that show! DH and I burst out laughing at how ridiculous it was...cannot believe we sat through the entire thing...the stuff we thought cool then, where was our brains! :lmao:

I am a few days behind since we went away for the Jubilee weekend.

When I read your Yachtsman Steakhouse review and saw that you went elsewhere for dessert, I thought that maybe you hit up the Boardwalk Bakery and just hoped that you got the cheesecake brownie because that is my favourite treat from there. I was so pleased to see that your DH did get it and so I could drool over the yumminess of the picture. Sorry you were disappointed in your cupcake but you chose wrong - I would never choose a cupcake over cheesecake ;)

The breakfast sandwich at Sunshine Seasons looks great but I am sad that they stopped doing the bacon, egg and cheese croissant - they were delish! And, whilst I would always opt for cheesecake over another dessert, it is just not a breakfast food (although I have been known to nibble on a little leftover cheesecake brownie around breakfast time) ;)

I am so sad that your reviews are coming to an end but I get to sample my very own Disney food in just a few weeks :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I seriously, not even kidding, almost cried with joy at the bakery photos. I have food issues.

And you guys got exactly what I would have picked! I've never met a cheesecake brownie I didn't like and probably eat too much of. :)

I once attempted the porterhouse at YS. It's all a big meaty, juicy blur. It probably got pretty ugly. Probably better that I don't remember.

I am just loving your entire report!

:lmao: I must have food issues too because this restaurant board is all that keeps me from going crazy in between WDW trips!

Yeah, you definitiely can't go wrong with a cheesecake brownie. I don't know what I was thinking by not ordering one too.

:laughing: Hubby ate his porterhouse faster than I ate my New York Strip, so it's probably a blur for him too. He's like a food ninja!

Thank you so much! So happy to get positive feedback!
:goodvibes

LOL! about Capt Eo...I was a teenager in the 80's and I cannot stand that show! DH and I burst out laughing at how ridiculous it was...cannot believe we sat through the entire thing...the stuff we thought cool then, where was our brains! :lmao:

:laughing: The best part is the super 80s looking backup dancers. Yikes! I don't know why we embrace that show so much, but it's a huge guilty pleasure for us. I think for me it's because I saw it on my first trip to WDW as a kid and it brings back fond childhood memories. Hubby didn't come to WDW until he was in his 20s though so I don't know what his excuse is! :lmao:

I am a few days behind since we went away for the Jubilee weekend.

When I read your Yachtsman Steakhouse review and saw that you went elsewhere for dessert, I thought that maybe you hit up the Boardwalk Bakery and just hoped that you got the cheesecake brownie because that is my favourite treat from there. I was so pleased to see that your DH did get it and so I could drool over the yumminess of the picture. Sorry you were disappointed in your cupcake but you chose wrong - I would never choose a cupcake over cheesecake ;)

The breakfast sandwich at Sunshine Seasons looks great but I am sad that they stopped doing the bacon, egg and cheese croissant - they were delish! And, whilst I would always opt for cheesecake over another dessert, it is just not a breakfast food (although I have been known to nibble on a little leftover cheesecake brownie around breakfast time) ;)

I am so sad that your reviews are coming to an end but I get to sample my very own Disney food in just a few weeks :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

You went to the Jubilee! Oh, I'm so jealous! I watched it all on tv. I'm hoping to get back over to England with my dad next year. We have a lot of family on your side of the pond.

You're right, I don't know what I was thinking going with a cupcake over cheesecake. Rookie mistake! :laughing:

Okay, I'm glad it's not just me that thinks cheesecake for breakfast is a little strange. It was especially odd because hubby almost never wants sweets at breakfast and this was like going from 0 to 100 in that respect.

I'm so sad it's almost over too. I'm trying to drag my review out for as long as possible to keep reliving the memories. Looking forward to hearing about all your food soon though!

I had my pedometer on every day and I averaged 20,000 steps per day which for me is about 11 miles!

11 Miles per day?! Wow! I knew it was alot of walking, but I never dreamed it was that much! :scared1:

You picked the two treats I most wanted to hear about...thanks for that :thumbsup2 Glad to know about the Oreo Cupcake, I am the same way. I don't like just sweet sweet. That's why I LOVE the Red Velvet Cupcakes from Contempo Cafe...yum! But I will have to try the cheesecake brownie...that looked and sounded really good :cloud9:

You went to the Jubilee! Oh, I'm so jealous! I watched it all on tv. I'm hoping to get back over to England with my dad next year. We have a lot of family on your side of the pond.

Oh no, sadly we didn't go to London for the Jubilee. We went to Wales with some friends. We watched the concert on Monday night though and had a great time with our friends celebrating the long weekend :thumbsup2

Looking forward to hearing about all your food soon though!

We are going all over Florida so I am debating whether to do a review to cover our entire trip or just focus on the Disney/Universal food.

11 Miles per day?! Wow! I knew it was alot of walking, but I never dreamed it was that much! :scared1:

You picked the two treats I most wanted to hear about...thanks for that :thumbsup2 Glad to know about the Oreo Cupcake, I am the same way. I don't like just sweet sweet. That's why I LOVE the Red Velvet Cupcakes from Contempo Cafe...yum! But I will have to try the cheesecake brownie...that looked and sounded really good :cloud9:

I didn't think it would be that many either! We averaged 20,000 but the one day we walked 25,000 steps. Wow! My pedometer doesn't even start counting until 25 steps, so if we are in a slow moving line for a ride it doens't even count most of those steps. I had always been curious to know how much walking we do there and now I know. I can't imagine how many it would be if we stayed in the parks all day! :laughing:

I didn't know Contempo Cafe had Red Velvet cupcakes too. Good to know! Thanks! :thumbsup2 The cheesecake brownie is delicious! You won't be disappointed!

Oh no, sadly we didn't go to London for the Jubilee. We went to Wales with some friends. We watched the concert on Monday night though and had a great time with our friends celebrating the long weekend :thumbsup2

We are going all over Florida so I am debating whether to do a review to cover our entire trip or just focus on the Disney/Universal food.

That still sounds like a fun time though! None of my friends over here share my fascination with British Royalty. In fact, I got up by myself at 4am the morning Will & Kate got married and threw myself a little party. My hubby thought I was crazy! :laughing:

I vote for a full Florida food report.
:thumbsup2

The breakfast panini looks awesome - if I'm ever at Sunshine Seasons around breakfast time, I'd definitely like to try it. :thumbsup2

I scoped out Sunshine Seasons last time we were in the land and tryed to sneak a peek at people's food without being too creepy ... I wanted to see if it was a great breakfast option if we ever made RD at EPCOT. So.... I'm thrilled to see your review. The breakfast paninni looks really good. I was a bit curious how the roast pork worked but I am taking your word for it that it was really good! :thumbsup2

Loved the future photo from spaceship earth! :laughing:

Hello there neighbor!
I've been away from the boards for a few weeks and there are so many dining review to catch up! I've enjoyed your previous dining reviews as well. This one is more interesting to me since for our upcoming trip, we are not doing the dining plan for the first time in many, many years. We plan on utilizing TiW card and also looking foward to some freedom. :goodvibes It's nice to read that you had great meals and flexibility b/c you don't have to worry about spending all the allotted credits.

The breakfast panini looks awesome - if I'm ever at Sunshine Seasons around breakfast time, I'd definitely like to try it. :thumbsup2

It's definitely worth a visit there just for the panini! It's nice to get a breakfast option that's different from the usual bacon, eggs, Mickey waffle etc.

I scoped out Sunshine Seasons last time we were in the land and tryed to sneak a peek at people's food without being too creepy ... I wanted to see if it was a great breakfast option if we ever made RD at EPCOT. So.... I'm thrilled to see your review. The breakfast paninni looks really good. I was a bit curious how the roast pork worked but I am taking your word for it that it was really good! :thumbsup2

Loved the future photo from spaceship earth! :laughing:

:laughing: I'm always looking around in restaurants trying to see what people have ordered. I need pictures on menus. I'm a very visual person with my food and just because it sounds good from a description doesn't mean it will look good. Anyway, the roast pork on the panini was delicious! It was sliced pretty thin and the quality of the meat was great. It wasn't anything like lunch meat, it definitely had the flavor and texture of a great roasted meat.

I always take a picture on Spaceship Earth at the end. He always insists on making a weird face. Well, weirder than his normal face.
:lmao:

Hello there neighbor!
I've been away from the boards for a few weeks and there are so many dining review to catch up! I've enjoyed your previous dining reviews as well. This one is more interesting to me since for our upcoming trip, we are not doing the dining plan for the first time in many, many years. We plan on utilizing TiW card and also looking foward to some freedom. :goodvibes It's nice to read that you had great meals and flexibility b/c you don't have to worry about spending all the allotted credits.

Hi there! :wave2: So glad you're joining in! :goodvibes The flexibility of no DDP was fantastic! I'm always so worried about making sure we're using credits and using them in the best way possible. It was nice not to care about that this time. Having a TiW card will make that even better for you.

Awesome reviews! I love your food pics!! Thanks for sharing! :)

:welcome: Thank you so much!

I really enjoyed your reviews. Definetly going to try some of the place.

Hi! :wave2:

I have just read ALL of your reviews in one sitting. Thanks for sharing! Looks like you guys had a great time with some great food. Looking forward to more. :thumbsup2

Haven't been on the Dis for a while, check back in and find a report with pics from Mullica Hill Amish Market !! I live about 10 minutes away from the market and usually go once a week. We are obsessed with the salad and cut up veggies from the produce section. Love the pretzels, have NEVER tried a stuffed one !! Going back to read your report from the beginning !!:)

Hello,

I just returned from a week at WDW and, based on your review, I tried the American Dream while in World Showcase. I loved it!! It was so cold and creamy and yummy and perfect for the hot day we were there. I wanted to say thanks for your dining review because I never would have known about this yummy treat otherwise. :cool1:

I don't know if I love you or hate you for all of those fantastic pictures! I have been hungry all day since catching up on your report.

I really enjoyed your reviews. Definetly going to try some of the place.

Thanks so much for joining in! :goodvibes

Hi! :wave2:

I have just read ALL of your reviews in one sitting. Thanks for sharing! Looks like you guys had a great time with some great food. Looking forward to more. :thumbsup2

Hi there! So glad you joined in! We did have a fantastic trip. Definitely ready to start planning another one!

Haven't been on the Dis for a while, check back in and find a report with pics from Mullica Hill Amish Market !! I live about 10 minutes away from the market and usually go once a week. We are obsessed with the salad and cut up veggies from the produce section. Love the pretzels, have NEVER tried a stuffed one !! Going back to read your report from the beginning !!:)

Thanks for joining in neighbor! :goodvibes We just went to the Amish Market on Saturday. Had to hit up the pretzel stand, the donut stand and the candy shop. All the healthy stuff! :laughing: Their produce section is great! We always load up on veggies there when we make chilli. You absolutely must try one of the stuffed pretzels! You'll be hooked!

Hello,

I just returned from a week at WDW and, based on your review, I tried the American Dream while in World Showcase. I loved it!! It was so cold and creamy and yummy and perfect for the hot day we were there. I wanted to say thanks for your dining review because I never would have known about this yummy treat otherwise. :cool1:

Excellent! So glad you enjoyed your American Dream! It is definitely the perfect treat for walking around in the heat at Epcot. Hope you had a wonderful time on your trip! :goodvibes

I don't know if I love you or hate you for all of those fantastic pictures! I have been hungry all day since catching up on your report.

:lmao: I love to relive my trip through writing a DR, but it makes me hungry for weeks! Thanks for joining in! :)

After spending some time in Future World we explored the F&G Festival for a little while. It was so beautiful at Epcot!

P1000955.jpg

Hubby and I also enjoyed some time in the Butterfly Garden that was set up.

P1000962.jpg

So fun! We had been trying to decide what to do for lunch and we were torn between a few different options. We didn't have any ADRs for today, so we decided to try our luck and see if any place in WS would take us. We started in Mexico on our journey around WS.

P1000976.jpg

P1000975.jpg

I have wanted to eat an San Angel ever since I was a little girl. It always looked so appealing to sit in the dark, cool, open restaurant and look out onto the little boat ride. I never ate here as a kid and hubby never really wanted to try it on our trips since we can get really good Mexican food back at home. However, he was pretty open to trying this place today. We walked over and checked out the menu and he was sold on the idea. We asked if they could take two for lunch and they said they could. The place was more than half empty and they were taking a lot of walkups.

Love the pyramid in the background.

P1000969.jpg

As soon as we were seated our server came over to take our drink order. Hubby just got a soda, but as soon as I opened the menu I noticed a list of margaritas. It looked like most, if not all, of the margaritas you can order at La Cava can be ordered at San Angel. A little tip for those of you with a TiW card since it looks like you can't use the card at La Cava. :thumbsup2

I knew what drink I had to have and our server soon returned with the drink that is usually the best part of my vacation. The Avocado Margarita!

P1000972.jpg

Isn't it beautiful?! As soon as I took a sip hubby asked how it was and I told him I couldn't hear him over the sound of the Enya song 'Sail Away' playing in my head. :laughing: Drinking this margarita tastes exactly like this little guy. :cloud9: It is so creamy with just a little bit of sweetness to it. The pink salt on the rim makes the whole drink. If I could get these at home it would be dangerous! However, here at Epcot this lovely drink is $13.50, so I'm in no danger of going overboard with the tequilla. At these prices I don't know how anyone can afford to get drunk in Disney World! :rotfl:

We also got a basket of chips with our drinks.

P1000971.jpg

This basket of chips is deceptively huge! We ate and ate and ate these chips and it didn't even look like we put a dent in them! They were really good too. The salsa wasn't chunky, which is how I like it, but it was very thick. Not watery at all, which was great. It also had a bit of a kick to it. Finally, something spicy! I like some heat in my food every once in awhile! A very nice start.

For our entrees hubby got Pollo a las Rajas. Grilled chicken breast served with red peppers & onion cream sauce, poblano rice, and queso fresco.

P1000974.jpg

I didn't get a lot of detail out of him on this dish other than the fact that he loved it! He raved about it a few times throughout the rest of our day. I do know that he loved the cream in the sauce.

I got the Enchiladas Verdes de Pollo. Corn tortillas filled with pulled chicken, covered with green tomatillo sauce, topped with sour cream, queso fresco and onions, served with black refried beans.

P1000973.jpg

Loved this dish! The enchilades had a lot of chicken in them and the green tomatillo sauce was so flavorful. It went so well with the chicken. The spanish rice even had a lot of flavor. Usually when I get Spanish Rice at a restaurant it's so bland that I don't even eat it. It was fantastic here though! There were little bits of green pepper throughout the rice which added to the flavor. And the beans were my favorite part! They were thick and spicy. I get black beans at a place at home that I love and these had them beat! Delicious!

We weren't too full, but nothing on the dessert menu really appealed to us and we wanted to snack somewhere else in WS, so we passed on dessert.

What a fabulous meal! I loved the atmosphere here too. It was everything I had been hoping for since I was little.

My only complaint had nothing to do with the food or the service. We had the rudest man ever sitting next to us. I won't even go into the whole story, but I'll just leave at, HE WAS THE RUDEST MAN EVER! :laughing:

Rude man aside, we loved our meal here! I don't think I would eat here every trip, but I was really glad that we got to try it. The fact that I could sit here and enjoy my favorite margarita was definitely a plus too!

Up next... The Best Epcot Snack I Have Ever Had!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter