Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2014

I'm excited to be planning a trip Oct 1-6 and my husband and I will both be running the TOT 10-miler for the very first time!

We have two kids, ages 11 & 13, and so I am wondering about the 1-mile and 5-K runs. Has anyone had experience with those? They want to do them :)

If the dates are Oct 3 and 4, are the smaller races on the 3rd and the longer one on the 4th? Does anyone know the normal times of day?

Also, I think my parents will be down at WDW with us, but if not, do they offer any sort of babysitting for the kids of runners? I'm not sure what to do with my kids if I don't bring my parents. I figure it's a common problem, so maybe Disney has figured out a plan for that. 13 is such an iffy age -- maybe too old for "babysitting" but i think too young to be left alone on vacation&

Thanks for all of the info on this thread! I'm excited! :)

I'm excited to be planning a trip Oct 1-6 and my husband and I will both be running the TOT 10-miler for the very first time!

We have two kids, ages 11 & 13, and so I am wondering about the 1-mile and 5-K runs. Has anyone had experience with those? They want to do them :)

If the dates are Oct 3 and 4, are the smaller races on the 3rd and the longer one on the 4th? Does anyone know the normal times of day?

Also, I think my parents will be down at WDW with us, but if not, do they offer any sort of babysitting for the kids of runners? I'm not sure what to do with my kids if I don't bring my parents. I figure it's a common problem, so maybe Disney has figured out a plan for that. 13 is such an iffy age -- maybe too old for "babysitting" but i think too young to be left alone on vacation&

Thanks for all of the info on this thread! I'm excited! :)

Actually ALL races are on the Saturday. The 5k kicks off the day at around 7:30 followed by the kids races from 9:30 through about noon and then finally the 10 miler at 10PM. Makes for a very long day for those who are attending all races.

With regards to sitting, runD does not offer a service but I do believe there are a few services available. I am sure someone will have much better info

I just had a baby dec 3 an as soon as my dr clears me I'm going to start training! TOT 10miler will be my first race!! I'm very excited!

I'm about 80% sure I'm going to do this one! I have a work trip in Chicago that starts on 10/6 so I'd have to fly out that morning...meaning it would most likely be a Friday - Sunday morning solo trip for me. :)

Wow - all on the same day! I was hoping to sleep in on the day of the race, but maybe we can get up for the one-miler and then take naps in the afternoon.

Do you think the kids get any sort of medal or ribbon for doing the one-mile?

Also, is there a Facebook group for runners in the TOT 10 miler? That would be a handy place to ask questions and stuff. I love my Dis Facebook groups :)

I am trying to decide between this and the wine and dine 1/2 marathon. Does anyone know when you will be able to register

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am trying to decide between this and the wine and dine 1/2 marathon. Does anyone know when you will be able to register

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I can't find an exact date but last year the registration was tiered and the first tier pricing closed on March 26, 2013 (race was Oct. 5). This year the race should be Oct. 4th, so assuming the tiers will be about the same, I'd think it should be fairly soon...February maybe?

Hi all. I'm new to the runDisney family. I signed up for my first ever event for the Everest 5K. I have never done running before. Especially endurance running. I am training with a couch to 5K app right now for the Everest. Think I will be able to do the ToT 10 miler by October? I am really getting into running and find it fun. I live in FL so I can def train in the heat. Anyone every start off in January by not running at all and was able to do this 10 months later? Thanks!!

Hi all. I'm new to the runDisney family. I signed up for my first ever event for the Everest 5K. I have never done running before. Especially endurance running. I am training with a couch to 5K app right now for the Everest. Think I will be able to do the ToT 10 miler by October? I am really getting into running and find it fun. I live in FL so I can def train in the heat. Anyone every start off in January by not running at all and was able to do this 10 months later? Thanks!!

I totally think you could! Check out these Galloway plans for the 10-miler...the dates are a little off since they are from 2013 but it should give you an idea of what you can do. If you can run a 5K by May that's definitely a good starting point! :)

Beginner plan: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwos/pdf/rundisney/training-programs/2014/TOT13_Beg.pdf
More experienced plan: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwos/pdf/rundisney/training-programs/2014/TOT13_Fin.pdf

Absolutely! I started running in May. I've lost 50 pounds in a little over a year and just ran 10.26 miles this morning in training for the Princess half next month. I'm 63 years old(female), have had surgery on one foot and spent 8 weeks non-weight bearing on the other last year for a ligament tear on the bottom of my foot. If I can do it, you can too!

Can anyone tell me how much party in the park is, if a family member joins me after the race?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter