• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toy Story Land Fastpasses

Tandy

Grand Moff
I have seen some people post on reddit conf. of their fastpasses.
Does anyone know or have word on how the new area (or even TSMM) will be in the tiers?
Will all be tier one?

Has anyone seen when trying to make theirs?

Does anyone know or have word on how the new area (or even TSMM) will be in the tiers?
Will all be tier one?

Yeah, it's all of Toy Story Land is tier 1 (so you pick one of the 3 rides, including TSMM) and then the rest of the park it tier 2

Sorry I thought it was Tier 1 (Last time we went TSMM was down so we used the tier one on that one and then 2 on Star Tours and B and the Beast)

Edit - Maybe I switched BATB and ToT in my mind

I believe you could always pick three tier 2 rides instead of one tier 1 and two tier 2. It always seemed like ToT should be a tier 1 as i think of it as an E ticket, but its always been tier 2.

I believe you could always pick three tier 2 rides instead of one tier 1 and two tier 2. It always seemed like ToT should be a tier 1 as i think of it as an E ticket, but its always been tier 2.
Yes I'm pretty sure that you can do that and always were able to do that. (Though I've never tried - who wants three tier 2 rides?)

Honestly I don't know why they don't do away with the tier system. Nothing in MK is tiered, yet the parks like HS and Epcot that have very few rides to begin with are? Very frustrating if you ask me. And for TS Land, I mean really, a kiddie coaster and some saucer thing are on the same tier as TSM?

Will all be tier one?

You may find Post #8 of the FP FAQ helpful.

Sorry I thought it was Tier 1 (Last time we went TSMM was down so we used the tier one on that one and then 2 on Star Tours and B and the Beast)

Edit - Maybe I switched BATB and ToT in my mind

You did. BatB is tier one (strangely enough) and ToT is tier two.

Honestly I don't know why they don't do away with the tier system. Nothing in MK is tiered, yet the parks like HS and Epcot that have very few rides to begin with are? Very frustrating if you ask me. And for TS Land, I mean really, a kiddie coaster and some saucer thing are on the same tier as TSM?

That's the whole point. If there's a lot rides, no tiers. If there's very few rides, tiers.

It's so everyone has a fair shot at riding the top rides. MK has plenty of rides that are all popular so no need for tiers

HS, the new rides have to be in their own tier or you'd have 90% of people just try to grab all 3 Toy story rides as their fps.

AK, if they didn't have Pandora in a tier then everyone would just grab both Pandora rides and then likely Safari or EE

Epcot, if they didn't have tiers then 99% of people that went to Epcot would have Frozen, TT, and Soarin.

Tiers can suck but it's something they have to have with the system set up how they do with 3 preselected FP's

That's the whole point. If there's a lot rides, no tiers. If there's very few rides, tiers.

It's so everyone has a fair shot at riding the top rides. MK has plenty of rides that are all popular so no need for tiers

HS, the new rides have to be in their own tier or you'd have 90% of people just try to grab all 3 Toy story rides as their fps.

AK, if they didn't have Pandora in a tier then everyone would just grab both Pandora rides and then likely Safari or EE

Epcot, if they didn't have tiers then 99% of people that went to Epcot would have Frozen, TT, and Soarin.

Tiers can suck but it's something they have to have with the system set up how they do with 3 preselected FP's

I agree and disagree. The issue to me with say Epcot is there are only two rides even worth a fast pass. Test Track and Soarin. Other than frozen, everything else is pretty much a walk on most times anyway so it’s a waste to be forced to use a fast pass on them. (And after doing Frozen once we’re good for the next decade or so).

It’s annoying to have to pick things like missions space and imagination for fast passes when they aren’t even necessary on those rides.

I agree and disagree. The issue to me with say Epcot is there are only two rides even worth a fast pass. Test Track and Soarin. Other than frozen, everything else is pretty much a walk on most times anyway so it’s a waste to be forced to use a fast pass on them. (And after doing Frozen once we’re good for the next decade or so).

It’s annoying to have to pick things like missions space and imagination for fast passes when they aren’t even necessary on those rides.
So if there are no Tiers at EPCOT yes it is great for people booking FP at day 64+ but would make it impossible to get the any of the 3 popular attractions for many people who otherwise would get 1.

That's why we never waste fast passes at Epcot. We rope drop and schedule our fp's at another park for the evening.

I've definitely seen some crazy waits for Spaceship Earth, Figment, Nemo, and even Living with the Land depending on the time of year. While the last three of those can sometimes be walk-ons, SE now usually gathers a long wait without FP.

I feel like FP will be a waste for us at DHS :( No one will go on ToT or Rockin' Roller Coaster. If we can only do one in TSL than I guess we will only do one. Is it even necessary to use FP for other things like the shows, etc.?

I feel like FP will be a waste for us at DHS :( No one will go on ToT or Rockin' Roller Coaster. If we can only do one in TSL than I guess we will only do one. Is it even necessary to use FP for other things like the shows, etc.?

I feel the same. Our kids don't do thrill rides and one isn't tall enough for Star Tours yet. The shows don't really require them. It's sort of a bust until other things open up over a year from now.

Yes I'm pretty sure that you can do that and always were able to do that. (Though I've never tried - who wants three tier 2 rides?)

I've done 3 Tier 2s at Animal Kingdom when I couldn't get any Pandora FPs (FoP or Na'vi River).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter