Toy Story Pizza Planet Review

TruBlu

DIS Veteran
After reading several not so great reviews on the DIS about Toy Story Pizza Planet, I was less than thrilled about having lunch there. But, this and dinner with Goofy were the only two dining requests made by DS4. So, after playing in Honey I shrunk the kids, we headed over there. One the way we got some great pictures with Sarge at Al’s Toy Barn. The boys chose to pass on a picture with Jesse. We arrived at around 12:00 for our lunch. We ordered with no wait at all, and DH and the kids headed upstairs for a table.

The wait for the pizza was longer than I expected, but not too bad. We ordered 2 Buzz’s Meal Deals, one Woody’s, and one Junkyard. The pepperoni pizza looked as if someone had dropped it! There was a huge, sauce smeared bare spot covering over half of the pizza! Since I had already been standing there for quite a while I considered just taking it, but since it was for DH I requested a new one. No problem at all. The CM agreed with me and went to get a replacement. (No apology.) It only took a minute or two to get the new one, which was perfect.

With 4 pizzas, 4 drinks, 4 salads, and 4 desserts (Mickey’s Crisped Rice Treats) I had two full trays of food. The CM carried one upstairs for me. Once we were seated we realized that we had no napkins, utensils or salad dressing. All of those things are downstairs! DH was getting up to go and get them when a CM standing close to our table offered to go down and get them for us!!! This was way above the service I would expect at a CS restaurant. :thumbsup2

Our pizza was hot and delicious! The kids both ate all of their’s - which they NEVER do! DH really enjoyed the pepperoni, and I LOVED the veggie pizza. There was a nice garlic flavor, the sauce wasn’t too sweet, and the crust was thick and yummy!!! We were very surprised at how good the food was. The salads were pre-made, but fresh and crisp. The salad dressing was the typical pre-packaged packs.

The only down side of the meal was the Mickey’s Crisped Rice Treats. They were stale, but very cute! They were Mickey shaped and on a stick. DH was the only one who enjoyed them. I think he ate three!

We will definitely eat there again!!! It was very good.

Our Rating: 4 Thumbs up! (One each - we only do two each for the fancy places!) :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Sounds yummy! I'm curious...is this a big arcade type place?? i.e. will I ever get my 4 yr. old out of there once he enters? What is it like inside?

There is seating upstairs, and a fairly large arcade downstairs. I wanted it to be a little more Toy Story like....but it was pretty fun.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

I really like the pixxas at Pizza Planet.

SLDL said:
Sounds yummy! I'm curious...is this a big arcade type place?? i.e. will I ever get my 4 yr. old out of there once he enters? What is it like inside?
There is an arcade on the bottom level - that's why we sat upstairs. I thought my boys would beg to stay and play, so we made a deal before we went in...

Be good, eat your food, and I'll give you $1 each for a game when we are done.

It worked! I couldn't believe I got out so cheap! Most of the games were $0.50 or $1, so we were not in there long at all!!!

Guess what? Your review just sealed the deal for our MGM CS dinner spot! I'm all over Pizza Planet! THanks for the review!

Thanks soo much for this great review. We are planning on eating there our first day and you have me wishing it was Oct even more now! I too am nervous about the whole arcade thing but hopefully my children will be ok with doing a couple then heading on our way, your $1 tip sounds like it might do the trick for my two. One can hope anyway!

We stopped in here last trip just for a drink and I had to pry my DH away from the counter-the Pizza smelled sooo good, but we had a ADR at Prime Time comming up so no go.
This trip the kids are comming and they all love pizza! We will be stopping here this trip. Any other choice besides the rice krispie treats for desert?

Thanks for taking the time to post the review..

Bev

Sounds Great! My kids will love this. Is this a counter service restaurant and do you need to make an ADR? :confused3

Thanks for the great review. I've always been leery of the pizza at WDW, but this sounded yummy! :mickeybar

We ate at Toy Story in May and enjoyed it, too. I had the Veggie pizza combo (we were on the DP) and thought it was good. For dessert, I had a HUGE chocolate chip cookie. I was too full to eat it then, so I wrapped it up and was happy to have it later as a snack.

webairs said:
Sounds Great! My kids will love this. Is this a counter service restaurant and do you need to make an ADR? :confused3
It's a CS - no ADR necessary. :cool1:

We ate there on May 15. We loved it. It was during the parade, so the place was empty and the CM's were so nice. My son has some sensory issues and is a picky eater and told us he would try pizza here and here only. So we told the CM that it would be his first time trying pizza. They really talked it up and gave us some cookies (for free) to reward him if he did indeed try it. It was a great experience and for theme park pizza, it was actually tasty.

We really enjoyed Pizza Planet too! And it was amazing, my kids wanted to walk around the arcade, but they didn't want to "waste Disney time" playing video games!! That was when I knew they were Disney addicts like their parents! :rotfl:

I always figured it couldn't be that bad, and I would give it a try. But I read alot of PP bashing and negative reviews.....
SO THANK YOU for sharing this yummy review, this is how I would expect it to be there! and I am happy with that !
My 2 DD's really want to eat there come November......I am putting it on my list, what a great deal for a CS meal !!! :teeth: :thumbsup2

Great review I second that, DS16 can eat pizza 24/7 I am not a pizza lover but I must agree the pizza was very good. Crunchy where it needed to be and cheezy where it needed to be.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We ate there a couple of years ago, and LOVED it.

We passed on it this past year, because youngest DS wanted to eat where his big brother was eating.

The food was very good, and the arcade was fun. Was a great place to cool down from the heat too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter