TR Christmas WDW 2012

Enjoying all your photos. Seening them brings back many memories of our WDW trip and DCL Xmas Cruise last year 2011. We are located in Sydney and I just noticed the DVC rent / trade tag. I would love to learn more about this ColinA.

I'm originally from Newcastle and have a brother living @ Erina Gods Country :beach:

Enjoying all your photos. Seening them brings back many memories of our WDW trip and DCL Xmas Cruise last year 2011. We are located in Sydney and I just noticed the DVC rent / trade tag. I would love to learn more about this ColinA.

I'm originally from Newcastle and have a brother living @ Erina Gods Country :beach:

Christmas at Disney is the best!

Read some of the old threads will give you plenty of info on DVC and figures comparing costs.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2474192

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2474192&page=2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3013993

Grand Floridian Gingerbread House.

IMG_8446_resize_zpse418b534.jpg

Great pictures Colin.

Seems like you're maximising the discounts and I love your Lion King painting.

Great pictures Colin.

Seems like you're maximising the discounts and I love your Lion King painting.

A 10 day ticket with park hopping is $375 plus tax, our DVC PAP was $399 plus tax and we get the 20% discount on merchandise. Only problem is I have heard the discount goes back to 10% in the new year.

Love the Boardwalk!

Our room is two rooms up from the Screendoor sign and the one with the awning and lights out the front.

001_resize_zps1ef0da2d.jpg

002_resize_zpsefde8796.jpg

003_resize_zps8dbd015d.jpg

Nice photos of the boardwalk Colin. Are you off to MK for the NYE eve (30th that is) fireworks?

Nice photos of the boardwalk Colin. Are you off to MK for the NYE eve (30th that is) fireworks?

Not going to MK on the 30th or 31st, NYE going to Kouzzina for dinner and watching the fireworks from our one bedroom balcony. We see Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

ColinA said:
Love the Boardwalk!

Our room is two rooms up from the Screendoor sign and the one with the awning and lights out the front.

Great pics. They're making me even more excited about my BoardWalk stay at the end of September. I have rented points and managed to score a Boardwalk view room, so I'm hoping that I too will be able to see the EPCOT and MK Fireworks.
Did you put in a specific room location request (e.g high floor, above a certain shop etc)? At present my request is simply for a "fireworks view", but I'm guessing some have better fireworks views than others.

Great pics. They're making me even more excited about my BoardWalk stay at the end of September. I have rented points and managed to score a Boardwalk view room, so I'm hoping that I too will be able to see the EPCOT and MK Fireworks.
Did you put in a specific room location request (e.g high floor, above a certain shop etc)? At present my request is simply for a "fireworks view", but I'm guessing some have better fireworks views than others.

I would put in a request for above the Screendoor shop if that is where you want and this is also close to the lobby. We always ask for level two above the shops, we prefer to be closer to the Boardwalk activities than way up on the top level and generally we have got that level. A Fireworks view request would get you anywhere with the lake view.

I could suggest the lower levels are easier to get because most seem to think they are better up high.

You do not really see the fireworks that well as the Boardwalk Inn blocks the view. If you want to ses the fireworks better to go in to Epcot.

ColinA said:
Not going to MK on the 30th or 31st, NYE going to Kouzzina for dinner and watching the fireworks from our one bedroom balcony. We see Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

Remind me not to buy real estate from you ;). Seeing MK and being there to see the Fireworks are not the same, especially for the music. But the crowds are excessive so I suppose you want to stay away.

Remind me not to buy real estate from you ;). Seeing MK and being there to see the Fireworks are not the same, especially for the music. But the crowds are excessive so I suppose you want to stay away.

Excessive is an understatement. On Christmas day when Sandy came for breakfast she came from Celebration and said the traffic was banked up from MK entrance to the WDW entry gates. MK car park was closed today and will be most days. Resort guests can still get in.

Every day is like Christmas day here so have plenty of choice.

ColinA said:
I would put in a request for above the Screendoor shop if that is where you want and this is also close to the lobby. We always ask for level two above the shops, we prefer to be closer to the Boardwalk activities than way up on the top level and generally we have got that level. A Fireworks view request would get you anywhere with the lake view.

I could suggest the lower levels are easier to get because most seem to think they are better up high.

You do not really see the fireworks that well as the Boardwalk Inn blocks the view. If you want to ses the fireworks better to go in to Epcot.

Thanks for the advice. :-)
We will watch the fireworks from inside Epcot one night, but I'm also really looking forward to a relaxing night on the balcony admiring the scenery. Can't wait!

Am loving the pictures. Feels like I am there A December trip to WDW needed. How long do the decorations stay up after Christmas there especially the Osborne lights.

Am loving the pictures. Feels like I am there A December trip to WDW needed. How long do the decorations stay up after Christmas there especially the Osborne lights.

Christmas decorations stay up 1-2 weeks after New Year, Osborne lights finish around the 6th January.

If you want to avoid the busy Christmas week the best weeks are the two before.

Christmas decorations stay up 1-2 weeks after New Year, Osborne lights finish around the 6th January.

If you want to avoid the busy Christmas week the best weeks are the two before.

Thanks Colin was planning on getting there the 2nd week of December but am thinking it might be to hard to get away from work. I am now thinking after Christmas but still want to see it all done up. Looking at Christmas 2015 which seems a while away. Doing Christmas in Hawaii. Am also looking at DVC. Have loved your threads on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter