Train Wreck TV programs that you just kept watching

So glad to see that I'm not the only fan of "Married at First Sight". And I can't wait for the second season of "Marrying Millions". That's another train wreck I can't avoid.

Dateline NBC - especially anything with Keith Morrison. Such a soothing, calming voice talking about real life murder mysteries.

I've also been binge watching Doom Patrol. Now that's a train wreck.

Watched Tiger King, probably would have hated it during typical times but was all about it not going it lie.
Embracing the Bachelor/Bachelorette GOAT and looking forward to next season
Tried to watch Love is Blind but wasn't into it...although depending on how much longer before the Bachelorette premieres o may give it another go

Back when it was still on I'd watch My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Trashy tv at it's finest.
Also, Ghost Adventures/Hunters/Nation. Expedition Unknown.

No real trainwrecks, but The Curse of Oak Island. Nothing is happening.. yet we keep watching.
I'm a sucker for this show. I doubt they will ever find anything, yet I continue to tune in.

Paradise Hotel - It was on in 2003 and was just a terrible reality show, yet I watched all of the episodes. It still haunts me. The theme song was Eddie Money's "Two Tickets to Paradise". I don't think it lasted more than a season or two.

And I'm laughing at the person who mentioned the Cleveland Browns' games. I'm a lifelong Clevelander/Browns fan and you are correct, but I remember the Kardiac Kids in the 80s. Those were the good games!

I hate to even admit that I watch this, but hoarders.
Me, too. My parents both had hoarding issues, not to the level shown on the show, but access for emergency medical people was a problem more than once. Watching reminds me why I embraced minimalism instead.

Me too!
So my husband isn't the only ones who come back from a visit to his folks (I can't/won't go anymore, it's been a few years), pour a glass of wine, sit down and start to discuss the logistics of getting a sled dumpster out to their house when the time comes? And all that comes with it.....

I watched a few episodes of Hoarders and the one about 600-pound people. Both extremely depressing, won't watch again. Other than those, the only reality TV I watch is Dancing with the Stars.

It truly is a train wreck show - once you start watching you can't look away even though it's unbelievably awful.
It is the awful that has become the favored child of the pandemic. So many shows were awful but I could not turn away. Each episode of Tiger King pulled me in deeper and deeper because I could not believe it was real. One of my friends called it "pure gold".

I binged watched a whole multi-season soap opera in Yiddish with subtitles on Net Flix .....I am not even Jewish nor do I speak Yiddish!

When Calls the Heart OMG can you get a more predictable story line and if you pulled twenty people out of line in the grocery store and cast them, they would probably be better than the actors on that show....but I could not look away.

Don't even get me started on Hunderby from BBC. This show was baaaad in a good way at least, think Monty Python on steroids. It was so irreverent that they cut off half the second season shortly after it aired (luckily I was able to see it before they cut it).

This is the NEW NORMAL in TV watching. LOL

Don't even get me started on Hunderby from BBC. This show was baaaad in a good way at least, think Monty Python on steroids. It was so irreverent that they cut off half the second season shortly after it aired (luckily I was able to see it before they cut it).

Rude, off-color british show? I'm in! Thanks for the suggestion-

Married at First Sight — also lots of fake drama, but for those few that work out it’s a happy day, mostly...

Are there any couples still together other than Jamie and Doug (from season 1)? I liked season 1, but I quit watching around season three or so, when it became painfully obvious that they were no longer trying to make successful matches. It became all about how they could get the most drama out of it, regardless of who got hurt or was in danger.

Another one along the same lines was Arranged. Again, the first season was interesting, but it quickly devolved into something totally different than the original idea. I understand that TPTB think the only thing we want to see is people treating each other like dirt and being totally miserable, but that’s not a high priority for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter