Transferring from Disney to Universal

Brooke76

Earning My Ears
We are staying at WDW/Polynesian and then transferring to Universal/Hard Rock Hotel at the end of our stay. What is the best way to get from one property to the other? Uber or is there a transportation service available?

We are staying at WDW/Polynesian and then transferring to Universal/Hard Rock Hotel at the end of our stay. What is the best way to get from one property to the other? Uber or is there a transportation service available?
I would use Uber. Two great resorts, two of my favs! Prepare to be spoiled by the Express Pass, so awesome! Enjoy!:thumbsup2

We use a private transfer company as we need two car seats. If we didn't, we would use Uber or a taxi.

We used a Town car service (Quicksilver). They were very good. This trip I need transport from Universal to MCO and arranged with Tony Hinds, highly recommended on this board.
I have read very good reviews about Tony Hinds as well. Is his car service equivalent to Uber or Lyft?:confused: Thanks!:goodvibes

I’m doing the opposite of you in May. Doing universal then Disney. Can’t wait!

I'd say he is more a limo company. We got picked up in a huge van since there were 8 of us.
Thanks, good to know for a larger group, but typically it is DH and me, or 5 of us if the kids come. Will do Uber or Lyft.:thumbsup2

I have read very good reviews about Tony Hinds as well. Is his car service equivalent to Uber or Lyft?:confused: Thanks!:goodvibes
I haven’t used him yet. I’d say he’s more like car service. I would trust him over an Uber/Lyft given all the recommendations posted. And his quote was a little less than Quicksilver one way to MCO.
I’ll try Uber or Lyft for going out in the immediate area, there’s a seafood restaurant I want to try. And the nearby outlet mall by Universal. But going any distance and on freeway, I want someone I know is a good driver. So many crazy drivers in Orlando.

There are only 2 of us (DW and me), and we have used Lyft on the past few trips to get from Disney to Universal with no problems. Our last Lyft transfer was $16 between Boardwalk Hotel and Royal Pacific Resort back in September.

No. PPs are correct that his service is akin to a private car service, and his pricing is on par with other private car services in the area, which is more than Uber/Lyft. Tony is great and we've used him several times, but he's ideal for larger parties or people who need car seats. Otherwise, we use Uber. We also prefer Uber so we don't have to schedule a pickup time and can just leave the first resort whenever we want to.

That's a great split stay. We love the Poly and HRH!!

We use a car service for our stays. A pick up from MCO to the Poly, the Poly to HRH and then HRH back to MCO. We really like Quicksilver, never had an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter