Transferring of points?

This is a very helpful thread. Especially since I’ve been bouncing an idea around.

We have 350 UY Dec VGF points and my family wants to go to Aulani again in a future summer. Not interested in the 7 month window challenges that we went through last year; had to keep trying for 3 days until successful.

If I were up for a 1-1 trade and found a willing interested Aulani owner, the only way to trade would be for me to transfer out a different year’s points than the other party transfers in? Do I have this right?
You could totally do this if you could find someone who wanted to trade the same number of points, it works quite nicely because you have Dec UY. For example, trade your VGF Dec 2018 UY points for someone’s AUL 2019 (Feb, Mar, April, June) points. You can transfer once per UY, but during one time period can do more than one transfer in/out as long as the UY are different.

You need to remember that you cannot borrow transferred points. You can use current year points or bank next year points. But you cannot borrow next year's points. You cannot transfer banked or borrowed points.

I transfer between my two UYs often (one contract is small). Every time I do that transfer, the CM tells me that is my one time transfer. I've never been told I can transfer points from another member as well as transfer to myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter