• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

transportation answers, please

3kidsmom

Earning My Ears
Thanks to this site, I'm starting to feel really prepared for our first trip next month. The one thing that still confuses me is transportation. Can someone help me?

We are staying off-site, my parents are staying at Old Key West. Our first morning, we have PS at Crystal Palace at 8:00 am. I was thinking we would drive ourselves to OKW, and use the busses with my parents. Am I correct that we will not be able to do that, since you cannot park at the resorts all day? So we'll have to drive ourselves to TTC, get on the monorail there, and then just meet my parents at the gate to MK? Can you drive straight to MK and park there?

After we are in one park, we can use the busses to travel to the different ones, right? (we have hopper passes). But every morning we need to drive to TTC and pay to park, then board the transporation to take us wherever we are going?

Also, on day 3, I have PS at Cindy's at 8:05 for three of us (me, mom and 4 yr old dd). Can the rest of the family enter the park with us, or will they have to wait until it officially opens?

I'm sure it's not as confusing as I'm thinking, but since this is the first day, and we've never been before, I need to have it clear in my mind. Thank you all so much!!

Generally you may not park at any resort all day while you enjoy the parks (except for resort guests at their own resort). Whether and how they enforce that depends on the resort, time, and day and depends on anticipated parking lot crowding.

Getting to Crystal Palace at 8 AM you are better off going to or getting dropped off at a monorail resort instead of TTC. Ferry and monorail service from TTC to MK doesn't begin until just before park opening.

With your hopper pass you can park at any of the park lots or DD and ride buses or monorails anywhere else. With your annual pass, the parking is free.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

At the gate to each resort, there is a 'guard' with a guest list. You could essentially say you are 'visiting' and get a pass for that parking lot. OR, your parents could get an extra parking pass at OKW and put it on your car. OTHERWISE, park at the TTC and take the monorail to MK. There is not MK parking... it is at TTC. You can take the monorail or a boat to get to MK.

Originally posted by 3kidsmom

I was thinking we would drive ourselves to OKW, and use the busses with my parents. Am I correct that we will not be able to do that, since you cannot park at the resorts all day?

You won't be allowed to park all day at OKW unless your parents can arrange a car pass for you.

After we are in one park, we can use the busses to travel to the different ones, right? (we have hopper passes). But every morning we need to drive to TTC and pay to park, then board the transporation to take us wherever we are going?

Each park has it's own parking area except MK where the parking lot is actually at the TTC. Guests going to MK park there and continue to MK via monorail or ferryboat. You can park at TTC and use Disney transportation to all the parks as you said, or you can drive to Epcot, AK and Studios. Whichever theme park you start at, there will be Disney transportation to all the other parks making it easy for you to park hop.

Also, on day 3, I have PS at Cindy's at 8:05 for three of us (me, mom and 4 yr old dd). Can the rest of the family enter the park with us, or will they have to wait until it officially opens?

They will have to wait. Only those with a PS can go in early. To get there park at the TTC and tell the CMs there that you have breakfast ressies. They will pass you through to the Resort monorail which will take you to MK. The CMs at the MK turnstiles will check your PS and admit you just prior to your ressie time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter