transportation for solo trip

ASFCurly

Dreaming of when I finally get to go back to WDW!
I am not going for a while, but I like to plan way ahead and was wondering what you all thought was the best transportation from the airport to WDW for a solo trip?

It depends on your plans and goals. If you simply want transportation to your resort and don't need a car while you're there AND money isn't a motivating factor, I would use a towncar service. They help you with your bags and get you to your destination quickly and comfortably. They'll also do a grocery store stop for you.

If saving money is important, Mears is definitely cheaper for one person. But, you get what you pay for here.

Finally, if you want to have wheels while you're at the resort, renting a car is not a bad thing. With plenty of advance planning, you can probably find a reasonable rate. Sometimes economy cars are pretty cheap.

Food for thought.

ASFCurly
If you decide that you would like a Town Car Company give us a try.We are the Sponsors of the transportation boards...ºoº ºoº ºoº
http://www.Yourride.net :wave:

Hi!

I did solo last January and used Mears during my six day adventure! I found them very good and shared a big bus with four other people to PO / FQ. I used Disney buses the whole week and then Mears back to the airport. I really couldn't justify the expense this trip since the whole family wasn't going with me!

Also, I hate to drive on unfamiliar roads and I rarely drive when in Florida letting DH do the work since he does enjoy driving there so having Mears and Disney do the driving was worth it. I was there during low season so Mears was not stressed nor were the busses and the parks of course, closed early. I would have used a taxi if necessary to get anywhere if busses had been unavailable.

I never felt unsafe and I did read up on Mears before choosing it. They were fine for my needs. They did fill my return van to the max but I had purposefully asked for an extra early pick-up so I could have breakfast at the airport since there were only 3 flights back to my home town that day and I didn't want to take a chance on missing my flight!

P.S. The driver both ways did help me with my bags in and out of the vehicle and I did tip him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter