Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Hello,

We are staying at Disney for 7 nights with a 2 day (one on-site hotel night) visit to Universal in the middle of the trip.

I saw that Mears transportation is $18 RT. Does that roundtrip have to be on the same date...or could we be dropped off on July 29 and return trip on July 30?

Hello,

We are staying at Disney for 7 nights with a 2 day (one on-site hotel night) visit to Universal in the middle of the trip.

I saw that Mears transportation is $18 RT. Does that roundtrip have to be on the same date...or could we be dropped off on July 29 and return trip on July 30?

i thought it was $19 per person rt...

yes, you do not have to book the transportation for the same day.
you can return on a different day.

let that be known when you book with Mears.

on that shuttle, you can't take luggage.
you can take a back pack though.

We are staying at the Beach Club in early November. There will be a total of nine of us (family of 5 and family of 4). We plan on going to Universal on a Sunday. Would the option of taking two taxis and leaving the Beach Club at 7:30 be the best assuming the park opens at 9:00?

We are staying at the Beach Club in early November. There will be a total of nine of us (family of 5 and family of 4). We plan on going to Universal on a Sunday. Would the option of taking two taxis and leaving the Beach Club at 7:30 be the best assuming the park opens at 9:00?

sounds like a plan.

in early november, the crowds are gone from the parks.

you should be fine and not have long line waits for rides and shows.

buy your park tickets in advance so you won't have to buy them the morning you are at the park.

you can order on line and print them out or do pick up at the kiosk.

or you can order from undercover tourist and get your UO tickets cheaper.

First time posting here. Can I have advice on the best way to get to Universal Studios from Pop Century? My daughter and I are going the first week of December. Not renting a car or not wanting to take a bus.
Are there good transportation companies that can take us there and back and not charge an arm and a leg. Or even a taxi/
Thanks

First time posting here. Can I have advice on the best way to get to Universal Studios from Pop Century? My daughter and I are going the first week of December. Not renting a car or not wanting to take a bus.
Are there good transportation companies that can take us there and back and not charge an arm and a leg. Or even a taxi/
Thanks

Hey we just stayed at Royal Pacific at Universal and took a car that was waiting outside the hotel for our transfer to Pop Century, cost $55. However, if you call a yellow cab company it may be cheaper.

I'm helping some friends plan their late August vacation. They are staying in Disney and want to spend 1 day at Islands of Adventure for the Harry Potter fans in the family! They are a family of 5 with 3 kids between the ages of 11 and 7. What is the cheapest transportation option for a family of 5 - Mears or taxi? TIA!

Apologies if this is on the wrong forum, I'm not quite sure where to put it.

Last two Disney trips were Disney-only, and between the Magical Express and shuttles for all the parks we didn't have to rent a car. We had more than enough to do to keep our entire vacation occupied, and I didn't feel the need to look elsewhere for attractions.

But here comes Universal opening an entire Simpsons-themed section of their park to go along with the ride from a few years back, and dangit I think they just convinced me to spend a day there.

So hey, if I don't have a car of my own, how would I get from a Disney resort to Universal anyway?

$19 per adult rt
$16 per kid rt would equal to $86 + gratuity for the Mears shuttle.

depending on where you hotel is located, a taxi one way could be $34-7 x 2 = $68 - 74 + gratuity.

$19 per adult rt
$16 per kid rt would equal to $86 + gratuity for the Mears shuttle.

depending on where you hotel is located, a taxi one way could be $34-7 x 2 = $68 - 74 + gratuity.

Thank you!!! Wow, both options are pricey! I'm wondering if a 1 day car rental would be cheaper???

We usually take a MEARS shuttle. You can look them up online. You call the day before and they pick you up at your resort, bring you to Universal, and bring you back at night. You just call from the park an hour before you are ready to go back. It is under $20 per person round trip.

you have two ways to book Mears shuttle from the motherland to the darkside.

one poster gave you #1.
#2. go to the concierge desk in the hotel motherland lobby the night before you want to do the darkside.
book and pay the costs and set up a pick up time.
(you are given a choice of times)

cost is $19 per adult rt
$16 per child rt

you can pick the return time or just call the number you are given about 3 hours prior to when you want the return pick up.

plus gratuity if you wish.

taxis, depending on which hotel you are staying, can range between $34-7 one way + gratuity.

a taxi could be faster than the mears shuttle.
the TM's can help you get a taxi when you are leaving.
they will call or flag a cab for you.
there are many taxis waiting in that area each day.

the shuttle sometimes stops at other resorts before leaving the motherland for the darkside.

There's one more way. You can rent a car at Disney for a day. Depending on how many people are in your party, this may be the cheapest way. There are a few different locations onsite where you can pick up and return your car.

Please dtd to us - staying in dtd and want to get to us for ropedrop tomorrow. easiest/cheapest way???,,

We have the 1 day/ 2park with transfers through Mears booked. I know it says we need to call a day ahead to arrange transportation, but if we already know that we want to go on Saturday july 6th can we call now and set it up? Can anyone who has booked this method through Dreams Unlimited Travel explain their experience? This is our 1st time using it!

Thank you!

Does anybody know the cost per person to take a shuttle between disney world and universal? And do adult cost more than children?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter