Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

As far as payment, he gave us the option of cash in person or cc in advance.

I always pay in cash. I know that credit cards take a percentage processing fee and I'd rather see that money go in Tony's pocket.

We didn't use him for this, but he does all kinds of stuff.

That he definitely does! The last time we were in Orlando, he picked us up at the airport, did a grocery stop, then stopped at Cabana Bay so we could drop off our bags, and then took us to ESPN Wide World of Sports for the Disney race expo. All for an extra $20 if I recall correctly.

He charges you once you do the first leg

No prepayment

So you pay the full $120 plus tip on the first leg when you arrive at the hotel? Then tip only on the return trip?
Sorry maybe this is obvious but I have never before used this kind of service.

Yes prepay the entire round trip when he drops you at your first destination

I am not aware what others do on tips but I tip for each leg I am in his vehicle.

Yes prepay the entire round trip when he drops you at your first destination

I am not aware what others do on tips but I tip for each leg I am in his vehicle.

Not to get into an uncomfortable tipping discussion but for $120 round trip is $20 each way enough tip or should I do more? (No stops) I value his services a lot.

I emailed tony to book a pick up for May 30. He quoted me $70 one way and $140 for a round trip. I’m only doing one way from the airport to Disney then we are getting a rental car at disney to transfer to universal. I decided to bail on the magic express for the first leg of our trip after reading about long lines at the airport.

Anyway, he says on the reservation form if you want a grocery stop to preorder and use curbside pick up for a specific publix store. I’m wondering if anyone has done this and what time do I pick for the pick up? We land at 2:30. I am thinking maybe 3:30?

ETA: I went to the grocery store site and for the pick up, you choose an hour window. I think we should be safe with picking 3-4.

Last edited:
This might have been already answered and I overlooked it, but does Tony Hinds (or his employee) come into the baggage claim area with a sign with your name on it? It might seem silly but we are going for my son's 13th birthday and thought it would be fun for him to see someone waiting for us with his name on the sign.

Nevermind! I just saw this info on the previous page, I must've overlooked. Car services are not allowed inside during the pandemic.

I used Tony in January/February this year

When I went, the airport was not allowing transportation drivers inside the luggage pick up
Probably all due to the covid issues

we sent a text to Tony once we had our luggage
He texted back and arrived within minutes
We brought our luggage outside the airport and he was parked waiting for us at that exit

At that point, he took over our luggage and placed all of it in the vehicle

I just want to say that Tony Hinds with Tony’s Transportation is awesome! He’s such a wonderful guy and provided excellent service. He communicated so well and showed up on time. His van was spotless. I will without a doubt be using him for every transfer when I’m In Orlando!

I just want to say that Tony Hinds with Tony’s Transportation is awesome! He’s such a wonderful guy and provided excellent service. He communicated so well and showed up on time. His van was spotless. I will without a doubt be using him for every transfer when I’m In Orlando!

Tony is a gem!

Are Ubers allowed in Baggage area? Theres only 2 of us so I assume Uber is cheaper for this trip.

You’ll pick up your bags first, and then contact Uber/Lift for the pickup. It’ll take around 10 or 20 minutes for them arrive. There’s a specific load zone for them, and you’ll meet them outside. The baggage pickup is level 2, and I think they pick you up on level 1.

Edit: The Orlando International Airport app shows pickup is on level 2 for Uber and Lyft.
C917E966-8D64-469C-8798-9539B6ED438C.png

Last edited:
You’ll pick up your bags first, and then contact Uber/Lift for the pickup. It’ll take around 10 or 20 minutes for them arrive. There’s a specific load zone for them, and you’ll meet them outside. The baggage pickup is level 2, and I think they pick you up on level 1.

Edit: The Orlando International Airport app shows pickup is on level 2 for Uber and Lyft.
Oh, I've been to US/Dis like 100x, I just always rent a car. This time we're not the whole time since the prices are crazy! TYSM for the info

Oh, I've been to US/Dis like 100x, I just always rent a car. This time we're not the whole time since the prices are crazy! TYSM for the info

We used to rent a car in the distant past for both US/Dis. Once ME started, we used it for Dis, and Uber/Lyft for US. For this coming trip, we’re using Tony for US. If we stay offsite on a future trip, we’ll rent a car for that visit.

Tony was amazing! Picked us up quickly after we had retrieved our luggage. Took us to Publix for a grocery stop before dropping us off at Royal Pacific. Yesterday, I texted him to let him know the pickup time, and he had no problem. Today, he was running early, and called to see if he could pick us up about a 1/2 hour early, which was fine with us as we had returned to the hotel and I was in the process of retrieving our luggage.

We will use him on a future trip, and I have no problem referring him to everyone here.

I had booked Tony for just a one way and decided last week to add the return trip. He was able to accommodate us!
Today was our arrival and we had a different driver who was as awesome as Tony. We got picked up at 3, did a grocery pick up, and arrived at AoA at 3:30. I think we are spoiled and will always use Tony if we can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter