Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

I'm on a facebook group for Universal and saw a post about different transport services. I had tried to book with Tony Hinds for my trip next week but got replies from the Riland guy and then he stopped answering my emails and keeps sending me invoices for $140 each way, which I had been quoted by Tony 160 roundtrip total.

So I've given up on Tony/Riland and am trying a new service that was recommended on my facebook group called Gear Fusion Orlando. They have a nice website with different car options and car seats and you can add a grocery stop. They are only $60 for their smaller SUV and $80 for their full size SUV (each way, not roundtrip). What I liked the most is the fact that you pay at time of service. I was not willing to prepay that Riland guy who I've never met cause then if he doesn't show I'm just out of luck. If for some reason these guys don't show at least I won't be out any money and we can just uber. We will have a mobility scooter with us so I'm hoping to avoid ubering and wanted to prebook a service that I knew we would fit in.

I'm using them on the 13th for my flight into MCO and going to RPR. I'll try to come back and let everyone know what I thought of the service, I won't be home from universal until the 22nd though. So far I'm happy with them though, they have been responsive to my questions and seem pretty professional. Fingers crossed!

I’ve done magical express with 2, superstar shuttle with 2, and mears with one. They were all pretty much the same. You walk up, they scan your band/code, and tell you which bus to get on. I’m planning a trip with up to 7 and was looking at uber/lift and would most likely need 2, especially with luggage and from what i could find online, the cost wouldn’t be that much better. I thought the shuttles were convenient and even if your flight show up late, you will still get on a bus with no hassle.

I'm on a facebook group for Universal and saw a post about different transport services. I had tried to book with Tony Hinds for my trip next week but got replies from the Riland guy and then he stopped answering my emails and keeps sending me invoices for $140 each way, which I had been quoted by Tony 160 roundtrip total.

So I've given up on Tony/Riland and am trying a new service that was recommended on my facebook group called Gear Fusion Orlando. They have a nice website with different car options and car seats and you can add a grocery stop. They are only $60 for their smaller SUV and $80 for their full size SUV (each way, not roundtrip). What I liked the most is the fact that you pay at time of service. I was not willing to prepay that Riland guy who I've never met cause then if he doesn't show I'm just out of luck. If for some reason these guys don't show at least I won't be out any money and we can just uber. We will have a mobility scooter with us so I'm hoping to avoid ubering and wanted to prebook a service that I knew we would fit in.

I'm using them on the 13th for my flight into MCO and going to RPR. I'll try to come back and let everyone know what I thought of the service, I won't be home from universal until the 22nd though. So far I'm happy with them though, they have been responsive to my questions and seem pretty professional. Fingers crossed!
I just booked GearFusion as well for an early Feb pick up. Please let us know how it went when you get back. Todd (owner) was very responsive and website was easy to use to book.

@joshua4 I leave tomorrow! Woohoo!! I'll try to post this weekend when I get a sec of downtime and let you know if they showed up and how it went.

With all of the mixed comments lately about Tony Hinds we ended up booking with universal directly for the shuttle. We have a number to call when we arrive - can report back about the experience!

Our driver was very prompt, unfortunately frontier was not! After our flight was delayed, then they lost some of our luggage🙄 we are finally in the car on the way to the hotel. Our driver was very responsive to texts when I let him know we were delayed. He's very friendly and is driving well. Would recommend gear fusion 10/10

Please let us know how it went. Thanks!!

@scottishgirl1 During the booking portion you tell them your flight info. Then he texted me a pic of the car that would be picking us up the night before and told us he would be in a nearby lot and to just text him when we have our baggage and let him know what door we are at and then he pulled up exactly to that door right outside of baggage claim about 4 minutes after I texted him our door number.

@scottishgirl1 During the booking portion you tell them your flight info. Then he texted me a pic of the car that would be picking us up the night before and told us he would be in a nearby lot and to just text him when we have our baggage and let him know what door we are at and then he pulled up exactly to that door right outside of baggage claim about 4 minutes after I texted him our door number.
Thankyou, I wasnt sure if they would come into baggage area or not. We will be coming into Terminal c for the first time

I am trying to plan transportation to Royal Pacific from MCO. Then from Royal Pacific to Hyatt Regency at MCO ( we have an early flight at 6:00 am) I booked the Royal Pacific room only. The package is more when I tried pricing it out to get the Shuttle service. I read somewhere that you can't book the shuttle service separately if not with a package when staying at Royal Pacific. Any ideas? I am a little leery about Uber since it is just my teenage son and myself travelling.

Any ideas? I am a little leery about Uber since it is just my teenage son and myself travelling.
Uber. I've used it when I took my two youngest to Universal (dh couldn't come). I've used it with dh (another time). My college dd uses it all the time (sometimes with friends and sometimes alone). Download the app. It's easy to use. And so quick. Have fun!

With all of the mixed comments lately about Tony Hinds we ended up booking with universal directly for the shuttle. We have a number to call when we arrive - can report back about the experience!
Would love to hear how universal’s shuttle transfer went.

Would love to hear how universal’s shuttle transfer went.

Not the OP but here is our recent experience for anyone interested in the Universal SuperStar Shuttle. Short story is that it went great! Ridiculously detailed story below :laughing:.

My son and I took the SuperStar Shuttle one-way from MCO last Tuesday, January 31. Booking was easy enough. We originally had a room-only reservation and Hard Rock and called a number provided in one of the reservation-related emails. The first phone TM confirmed all the hotel details and took payment ($23 pp one-way). She then transferred me to the transportation folks (Mears), who took my flight info. I received a couple of detailed emails about our itinerary and where to find the check-in desk and shuttles on side A, level one. The check-in desk is now open until 8 pm.

10 days before the trip we switched our hotel from Hard Rock to Portofino. To change the shuttle reservation, I called the direct number provided in one of the shuttle emails. It look less than five minutes to update our destination to Portofino. They didn’t even ask for the new hotel reservation.

After we arrived, the check-in desk was easy enough to find. Just look for Hertz. SuperStar Shuttle is directly to the left — a small sign, but big enough to see if you are looking. We were directed outside to the buses in three specific slot numbers. Again not hard to find. Went up to two people standing in front of the buses, who boarded us onto a full-sized Mears coach. Plenty of room under the coach for my son’s rather large and long folded wheelchair.

As it happened, we arrived right at 4:00, right when the next shuttle was scheduled to leave, and we were also the only two passengers on the whole big bus! The driver said that buses leave every 30 minutes regardless of how many people are on board. He would still have had to go even if the bus was empty. So we lucked out not having to wait another half hour for the next bus, plus we got a direct trip in the deal. The whole time from check-in to resort was only 25 minutes.

Our driver told us he had worked for Mears for a number of years and was a former Magical Express driver. He gave great service like ME, very friendly and helpful with bags. All in all, it was a very good experience.

Not the OP but here is our recent experience for anyone interested in the Universal SuperStar Shuttle. Short story is that it went great! Ridiculously detailed story below :laughing:.

My son and I took the SuperStar Shuttle one-way from MCO last Tuesday, January 31. Booking was easy enough. We originally had a room-only reservation and Hard Rock and called a number provided in one of the reservation-related emails. The first phone TM confirmed all the hotel details and took payment ($23 pp one-way). She then transferred me to the transportation folks (Mears), who took my flight info. I received a couple of detailed emails about our itinerary and where to find the check-in desk and shuttles on side A, level one. The check-in desk is now open until 8 pm.

10 days before the trip we switched our hotel from Hard Rock to Portofino. To change the shuttle reservation, I called the direct number provided in one of the shuttle emails. It look less than five minutes to update our destination to Portofino. They didn’t even ask for the new hotel reservation.

After we arrived, the check-in desk was easy enough to find. Just look for Hertz. SuperStar Shuttle is directly to the left — a small sign, but big enough to see if you are looking. We were directed outside to the buses in three specific slot numbers. Again not hard to find. Went up to two people standing in front of the buses, who boarded us onto a full-sized Mears coach. Plenty of room under the coach for my son’s rather large and long folded wheelchair.

As it happened, we arrived right at 4:00, right when the next shuttle was scheduled to leave, and we were also the only two passengers on the whole big bus! The driver said that buses leave every 30 minutes regardless of how many people are on board. He would still have had to go even if the bus was empty. So we lucked out not having to wait another half hour for the next bus, plus we got a direct trip in the deal. The whole time from check-in to resort was only 25 minutes.

Our driver told us he had worked for Mears for a number of years and was a former Magical Express driver. He gave great service like ME, very friendly and helpful with bags. All in all, it was a very good experience.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. That gives me hope! We are arriving just at 8pm so we have to call the off hours number when we get there. Fingers crossed for a smooth procedure. Question for you - how much did you tip the driver? We don't generally tip a lot where we live but I do want to be fair.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. That gives me hope! We are arriving just at 8pm so we have to call the off hours number when we get there. Fingers crossed for a smooth procedure. Question for you - how much did you tip the driver? We don't generally tip a lot where we live but I do want to be fair.
After reading through the last few pages of this thread I think we’ve decided to use the shuttle for our quick April trip. We‘re Canadian too so exchange rate is a factor for sure. Our flight home is a stupidly early 6:45 am so when I call today I have to confirm if the shuttle runs early enough to get us to the airport for 4:30 . :crazy2:

As far as tips we usually do a set amount per bag that the driver is handling for us. We will only have carry ons for this quick trip and it’s just my son and I. I’ll probably do $5 each way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter