Transportation to resort ADR

Sara*s_Mommie

Mouseketeer
I don't know if this is the right area to post....I'm staying off site but if I'm in a park and make an ADR at a resort, am I allowed to use the bus system to the restaurant and back or would I need to take my car? I'm thinking people need to show their Key to the World to get on a bus?

I don't think you have to actually show your KTTW card to get on the bus, however the bus transportation is suppose to be for guests staying at WD resorts. If the ADR is on a monorail loop I think it is fine to use it. Maybe someone with more knowledge will let you know the for sure thing to do.

You should have no problem using wdw transportation to a resort from one of the parks they do ask for resort id. If you do want to drive and park at a resort, the guard may ask for your adr # and ID and then you are allowed to park for 3 hours. This is to prevent people from parking at a resort to avoid the parking fee at the parks, so it is especially enforced at places that are convenient to wdw transportation like Polynesian, CR or the resorts around epcot area.

Connears

According to Disney:
Disney Website said:
Resort Transportation
Walt Disney World Resort offers an extensive transportation system that is complimentary for Disney Theme Park and Disney Resort hotel Guests. The system includes buses, monorails and boats that link together select Disney Theme Parks, Disney Water Parks, Disney Resort hotels and major shopping and recreation areas.
(Bolding mine)
You're more than welcome to use any of the transportation available within WDW, whether staying on-site or not. (Off site would be the "Theme Park Guests" part).
-Source-

Cafeen is right. Anyone can use the transportation. You do not have to show a room key.

I agree with Cafeen. Off site guests with park hoppers may choose to use Disney transportation instead of moving their car from park to park. They can also use it to get to ADRs just like the OP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter