Transportation to Tokyo Disney after Japan ABD.

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
Now that ABD doesn't have the opportunity to add on Tokyo Disney can anyone recommend a private car company to Disney from NRT?

Is there a reason you'd be going from NRT to TDLR? The Peninsula Tokyo is *much* closer to TDLR than NRT is. Or are you planning on going *before* the trip?

Sayhello

I've never taken a private car in Japan, so I cannot advise there. Most folks take the "Limousine Bus" if they don't want to take the trains, as taxis are prohibitively expensive. On a thread in the Tokyo forum asking the same for Haneda someone said they booked a private car with a tour group called "Tours by Locals" - might be worth checking with! I'm surprised you have no responses on your thread there to be honest.

I've never taken a private car in Japan, so I cannot advise there. Most folks take the "Limousine Bus" if they don't want to take the trains, as taxis are prohibitively expensive. On a thread in the Tokyo forum asking the same for Haneda someone said they booked a private car with a tour group called "Tours by Locals" - might be worth checking with! I'm surprised you have no responses on your thread there to be honest.
I saw that in the one thread. I too was surprised that I didn't get a response there. I was hopeful someone here would have taken private transportation.

Is there a reason you'd be going from NRT to TDLR? The Peninsula Tokyo is *much* closer to TDLR than NRT is. Or are you planning on going *before* the trip?

Sayhello
Going to HND is closer but so far, it's more expensive than arriving at NRT. I am coming from from Philadelphia.

Going to HND is closer but so far, it's more expensive than arriving at NRT. I am coming from from Philadelphia.
It is, yeah.. since it is closer to downtown Tokyo and easier/quicker to get there from the core, it's a more popular airport. Thus, they can charge more I assume, and that is then passed to passengers. I've wanted to fly into Haneda just to see, but we are also NRT again for our fourth trip in February. Flying nonstop on Delta from PDX would have been 6K per person in economy. No that is not a typo... not going to happen! I think so little response to the question of a car speaks volumes for the trains and buses in Japan, but I also totally understand being jetlagged and not wanting to risk ANYTHING on your first trip.

Ive heard very good things about this website, if that helps? They do airport transfers: https://www.klook.com/en-US/airport-transfers/service/nrt-narita-international-airport/

Our tour in February is through this company as it hits everything we want to do, and we do not want to drive in the winter in Hokkaido, but we have not actually traveled with them yet. Reviews from the internet at large are good, so I am fairly confident it will be a great trip! You'd have to contact them also first and see what they say, as there isn't an option for airport transfers on their page. https://alljapantours.com/

I think so little response to the question of a car speaks volumes for the trains and buses in Japan.
I actually think, that at least in this forum, it speaks to the fact that most of us who went in 2019 went to Tokyo Disneyland *after* the trip, so didn't need to get from NRT to TDLR. And the vast majority, to my knowledge, used ABD transportation.

Not sure what folks are doing this year, but not many trips have gone yet, so folks don't have actual experience yet.

Sayhello

I actually think, that at least in this forum, it speaks to the fact that most of us who went in 2019 went to Tokyo Disneyland *after* the trip, so didn't need to get from NRT to TDLR. And the vast majority, to my knowledge, used ABD transportation.

Not sure what folks are doing this year, but not many trips have gone yet, so folks don't have actual experience yet.

Sayhello
Oh for sure, but the comment was about her not getting any responses on the Tokyo Disneyland forum, not here. They aren't using ABD over there. :)

In August 2019 we went to Tokyo Disneyland on our own after our China ABD. We took the Airport Limousine Bus from Narita to our hotel in Tokyo, then took an Uber two days later from our Tokyo hotel to the Miracosta at TDL. I believe the Airport Limousine Bus can take you from Narita to TDL.

My husband traveled often to Tokyo pre-covid and insisted to me that most people take the Airport Limousine Bus from Narita because car services are very expensive (a car service would have been my preference). The buses are very efficient and on time. I just checked TDR Explorer and it also recommends the Airport Limousine Bus, but it does mention there might be an issue with the bus schedule if your flight arrives late in the evening.

Last edited:
It is, yeah.. since it is closer to downtown Tokyo and easier/quicker to get there from the core, it's a more popular airport. Thus, they can charge more I assume, and that is then passed to passengers. I've wanted to fly into Haneda just to see, but we are also NRT again for our fourth trip in February. Flying nonstop on Delta from PDX would have been 6K per person in economy. No that is not a typo... not going to happen! I think so little response to the question of a car speaks volumes for the trains and buses in Japan, but I also totally understand being jetlagged and not wanting to risk ANYTHING on your first trip.

Ive heard very good things about this website, if that helps? They do airport transfers: https://www.klook.com/en-US/airport-transfers/service/nrt-narita-international-airport/

Our tour in February is through this company as it hits everything we want to do, and we do not want to drive in the winter in Hokkaido, but we have not actually traveled with them yet. Reviews from the internet at large are good, so I am fairly confident it will be a great trip! You'd have to contact them also first and see what they say, as there isn't an option for airport transfers on their page. https://alljapantours.com/
Thank you. Since I am traveling solo, I figured a car service would be easier for me.

In August 2019 we went to Tokyo Disneyland on our own after our China ABD. We took the Airport Limousine Bus from Narita to our hotel in Tokyo, then took an Uber two days later from our Tokyo hotel to the Miracosta at TDL. I believe the Airport Limousine Bus can take you from Narita to TDL.

My husband traveled often to Tokyo pre-covid and insisted to me that most people take the Airport Limousine Bus from Narita because car services are very expensive (a car service would have been my preference). The buses are very efficient and on time. I just checked TDR Explorer and it also recommends the Airport Limousine Bus, but it does mention there might be an issue with the bus schedule if your flight arrives late in the evening.
I am looking at arriving around 5 in the evening. I do want to purchase and download TDR Explorer. It looks as though they provide a lot of information

I am looking at arriving around 5 in the evening. I do want to purchase and download TDR Explorer. It looks as though they provide a lot of information
They really do - and Chris is such a nice person. He's always responded kindly on Twitter when I've commented on his tweets, and that place can be... interesting.

Disclaimer: I haven't been to Japan since COVID started.

I've used the Airport Limousine Bus from Narita and that has been effective and reasonably priced. However, when I checked today, I didn't see a bus service from Narita to the Tokyo Disney Resort. It is probably possible to do a bus from Narita to Haneda, then another from Haneda to TDR

Taxis from Narita to Tokyo are insanely expensive (couple hundred dollars). I've never used a private car service but I would think that would be even more expensive

I think it is possible to use train/subways to go from Narita to the Tokyo Disney Resort but that requires confidence in navigating the system. And handling your own luggage on trains, up/down stairs, etc.

They really do - and Chris is such a nice person. He's always responded kindly on Twitter when I've commented on his tweets, and that place can be... interesting.
I agree - we used Chris’ recommendation for a private tour guide for our time in Tokyo - he was excellent!

Another great resource on TDL is Disney Tourist Blog. Here is what Tom says about transportation:

“To get from either Tokyo airport to Tokyo Disney Resort, it’s relatively easy. You just take the Airport Limousine Bus, which you catch outside the airport after purchasing your ticket near the exit at a desk or the ticketing machine. It’s more expensive than public transit, but easier and direct. Note that while this bus runs regularly, its schedule generally stops around 5 p.m. Here’s the full schedule to TDR from Narita. If your flight arrives into Tokyo after 4 p.m., you should probably look at other options.

If you’re getting in really late, the easiest alternative is a taxi. These are waiting outside the airport and easy to find. The downside is price. Our understanding is that the cost of a taxi to a Tokyo Disney Resort area hotel from Narita is $200.”

Last edited:
I am doing ABD Japan in August. We are going to Tokyo Disney on our own after ABD. ABD is setting up our transfer from the Peninsula Hotel to the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel (I think via bus).

But we are using Japan Holiday for some private transfers during our trip (outside of ABD) including getting us from Tokyo Disney to the airport for our departure. Just google “Japan holiday limo”. I cannot speak to their service yet, but can after our trip. They seem to be highly rated, but I must say that their responsiveness via email has been a little shaky so far after I have booked my reservations with them.

Helen -

We are doing ABD in Japan in August. We live in Collegeville, PA near King of Prussia just outside of Philly. Would love to exchange notes on our trips since we are practically neighbors.

Hello! Can anyone recommend a private van transfer from Narita to a hotel near Tokyo Disney, specifically the Hilton Tokyo Bay? We are a group of 9 and will need a van. I am finding a hard time navigating the websites of some companies and am not sure which company to go with on Klook. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hello! Can anyone recommend a private van transfer from Narita to a hotel near Tokyo Disney, specifically the Hilton Tokyo Bay? We are a group of 9 and will need a van. I am finding a hard time navigating the websites of some companies and am not sure which company to go with on Klook. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
If you don't get an answer here, I would highly recommend that you contact the Hilton Tokyo Bay, and see if their concierge can help you set something up.

TokyoBay.Reservations@hilton.com

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter