Trash will now be taken every day

Fy0mivoDpMRGtFT9eqAputGRFAenlNuOYNLGeeQfyzo3o_9fNxEBBVi7IEnHjfqSwrWv5CyWAkl291LCKXaW8KKl_U_lHp5OiZHt3JU1S1VJj6JVrF_6rxB5mfdeNQ=s0-d-e1-ft

• Your in-room experience has never been more important to us. That's why we will begin removing trash from your rooms at Disney Vacation Club resorts on a daily basis in addition to regular housekeeping visits. The daily service begins December 22, 2017, at five resort properties (Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian, Disney's Grand Californian and Aulani). The service extends to all other Disney Vacation Club resorts on January 7, 2018

Since the official DVC policy only relates to trash removal, I guess I'll just sit all of my trash bags outside my door for the housekeeper to collect. Then I won't have to walk to the trash room.

Seriously, the "MAGIC" is being taken out of visiting WDW. In addition to this new twist, my wife is tired of having security guards stick their unsanitized hands into her small purse and pillage the contents when so little is in there that every thing can be clearly seen. She has had guards unzip and stick their fingers in her tiny makeup bag, want to see inside her small billfold because there may be a knife hidden in it, and turn her 2" penlight on because it might be a taser or contain pepper spray. She is a senior citizen whose picture in on file at park entry because the scanner never works, but she is a risk. Give me a break!!! Yet, most men can carry anything under their clothes since one is not always put through a scanner. Great security!

On forth amendment rights.

The Bill of Rights protects you from intrusion by the Government, not private entities. There is no fourth amendment right to keep Disney from entering their property. There is no first amendment right to be able to protest on Disney property. There is no second amendment right to be able to carry guns into a Disney park. Disney does not need to exercise due process if they kick you out of the park, you aren't entitled to a trial with a jury of your peers.

(This goes for your employer as well)
Sure. But.

1. Disney is also RCID. They ARE the local government, not just a private entity. (If the employees coming in rooms are housekeeping or management prob not a problem. If they are off duty officers from other entities, probably a problem. I think you could make the argument that would be WDW acting as a government entity and instituting a de facto RCID Police).

2. TKRAZ suggested they’d call the sheriff for non-compliance. What’s the sheriff’s probable cause to enter? That’s exactly on point because refusing to cede your 4th amendment right can’t be construed as probable cause to overturn those rights. Once the sheriff shows up at the door, probable cause applies. This is where being an owner legally occupying your real property applies. Once you complied with the reservation rules of occupancy, can WDW evict you from your real property for no other reason than occupying the property (your legal right) and protecting your 4th amendment privileges (your legal right)?

3. This is why I said the legality of these warrantless searches will probably turn on the couple busted for possession. Disney will be in a no win bind there. They can’t ignore it because if something worse happens (kid accidentally ODs, drug deal gone bad turns to shootout), then WDW is screwed. But if they DO act on it, 4th amendment case law says that if they didn’t have a prudent reason to violate privacy rights, then the subsequent involvement of law enforcement IS a 4th amendment violation.

So. Sure. If WDW peeks in the room, probably no harm, no foul. Until they involve law enforcement with their findings.

Last edited:
Disney has their ducks in a row with RCID, the two are legally separate entities, even if Disney controls who sits on the RCID board.

Coming from UK where we've had terror threats ever since I was born in 1971 (IRA initially throughout my childhood, that gets sorted out then Islamists come on the scene), we love it when an obvious risk (like Disney) takes such measures, because we see it as extra effort to keep us safe.

Also because we are smaller geographically (not much larger than Florida ) we are not far away from the attacks. So I was in London visiting very near where the attack happened in the days before that recent attack. My company had a box at Manchester Arena where I went all the time before that psycho Islamist blew up little girls at the concert. So these attacks feel real.

A beautiful thing, which was almost unbelievable to us, was the lack of terrorism in USA with no terrorist attacks at all when I started coming to USA 25 years ago. Around 20 years ago my sister in law came into Orlando on an domestic flight (we were in Orlando and I went to pick her up) and we couldn't believe it was like she just got on a bus. This was alien to us, as the security you see now is what we always had.

But unfortunately times have changed. These Islamists are just as bad, if not worse on USA soil. UK and USA are going to have to face these scumbags down together for decades but they will not win.

USA also has gun issues with psychopaths now seemingly on a monthly basis taking guns and committing mass murder (not something we have in UK, even criminals cannot get guns and gun murders are incredibly rare).

So the risks to Disney are huge. Both the Islamists and the gun toting psychopath would see it as the opportunity to go down in history. It would be horrific to see an attack, I don't have to describe what that would look like.

So I suppose times have changed. People will have to get used to what we in the UK grew up with. It's not bad, it just keeps us safe. Your children will think nothing of it, as they'll have grown up with it as we have.

I'd say just let Disney get on with it, don't complain and be thankful someone is at least trying to get yours and your children's / grandchildren's backs. I am very grateful. We do not know what intel Disney is party to either.

Cheers.

Thanks Wakey for your perspective.

I'm irked that Disney is trying to make this sound like new perk. Everyday trash removal, oh wow. Just tell us "per new insurance requirements all rooms will be checked daily by trained personnel".

The environmentalist in me hates all the extra plastic bags now destined for the landfill as they remove the trash from every pail every day.

Coming from UK where we've had terror threats ever since I was born in 1971 (IRA initially throughout my childhood, that gets sorted out then Islamists come on the scene), we love it when an obvious risk (like Disney) takes such measures, because we see it as extra effort to keep us safe.

Also because we are smaller geographically (not much larger than Florida ) we are not far away from the attacks. So I was in London visiting very near where the attack happened in the days before that recent attack. My company had a box at Manchester Arena where I went all the time before that psycho Islamist blew up little girls at the concert. So these attacks feel real.

A beautiful thing, which was almost unbelievable to us, was the lack of terrorism in USA with no terrorist attacks at all when I started coming to USA 25 years ago. Around 20 years ago my sister in law came into Orlando on an domestic flight (we were in Orlando and I went to pick her up) and we couldn't believe it was like she just got on a bus. This was alien to us, as the security you see now is what we always had.

But unfortunately times have changed. These Islamists are just as bad, if not worse on USA soil. UK and USA are going to have to face these scumbags down together for decades but they will not win.

USA also has gun issues with psychopaths now seemingly on a monthly basis taking guns and committing mass murder (not something we have in UK, even criminals cannot get guns and gun murders are incredibly rare).

So the risks to Disney are huge. Both the Islamists and the gun toting psychopath would see it as the opportunity to go down in history. It would be horrific to see an attack, I don't have to describe what that would look like.

So I suppose times have changed. People will have to get used to what we in the UK grew up with. It's not bad, it just keeps us safe. Your children will think nothing of it, as they'll have grown up with it as we have.

I'd say just let Disney get on with it, don't complain and be thankful someone is at least trying to get yours and your children's / grandchildren's backs. I am very grateful. We do not know what intel Disney is party to either.

Cheers.

Excellent breakdown. I wanted to make sure that people are aware that an Islamist does not mean someone middle-eastern or even Muslim. It is a very specific political ideology that is impossible to identify just by looking at or profiling someone, along the lines of a member of the KKK. This is why everybody needs to be equally checked and monitored, even if they claim they are completely innocent.
I have never owned any sort of firearm, nor do I ever plan to, but I understand why they search my bags every time. I even don't blame security for profiling me based on my appearance and asking me to go through the metal detectors every time I go to the parks as well. If someone my size was hiding a weapon, I can understand where it would be a problem for others.

Seriously, the "MAGIC" is being taken out of visiting WDW. In addition to this new twist, my wife is tired of having security guards stick their unsanitized hands into her small purse and pillage the contents when so little is in there that every thing can be clearly seen. She has had guards unzip and stick their fingers in her tiny makeup bag, want to see inside her small billfold because there may be a knife hidden in it, and turn her 2" penlight on because it might be a taser or contain pepper spray. She is a senior citizen whose picture in on file at park entry because the scanner never works, but she is a risk. Give me a break!!! Yet, most men can carry anything under their clothes since one is not always put through a scanner. Great security!
Did see a senior citizen hit the last security guard 9/11 because it was playing computer games instead of checking handbags.She was arrested and taken away missing her plane home

Sure. But.

1. Disney is also RCID. They ARE the local government, not just a private entity. (If the employees coming in rooms are housekeeping or management prob not a problem. If they are off duty officers from other entities, probably a problem. I think you could make the argument that would be WDW acting as a government entity and instituting a de facto RCID Police).

2. TKRAZ suggested they’d call the sheriff for non-compliance. What’s the sheriff’s probable cause to enter? That’s exactly on point because refusing to cede your 4th amendment right can’t be construed as probable cause to overturn those rights. Once the sheriff shows up at the door, probable cause applies. This is where being an owner legally occupying your real property applies. Once you complied with the reservation rules of occupancy, can WDW evict you from your real property for no other reason than occupying the property (your legal right) and protecting your 4th amendment privileges (your legal right)?

3. This is why I said the legality of these warrantless searches will probably turn on the couple busted for possession. Disney will be in a no win bind there. They can’t ignore it because if something worse happens (kid accidentally ODs, drug deal gone bad turns to shootout), then WDW is screwed. But if they DO act on it, 4th amendment case law says that if they didn’t have a prudent reason to violate privacy rights, then the subsequent involvement of law enforcement IS a 4th amendment violation.

So. Sure. If WDW peeks in the room, probably no harm, no foul. Until they involve law enforcement with their findings.
Case law certainly might change as a result of recent events.

But currently, when it comes to hotels, the reasonableness for cause of entry is what most cases turn on.

Checking up on you isn’t going to cut it under current law. Invading your privacy to see what you might be up to might not be a 4th amendment violation when a private entity does it. It’ll become one when they involve law enforcement with their findings.

Why they entered the room will be exactly on point. Entering to check up on our guests goes to the heart of 4th amendments rights once the government becomes involved.

My guess is this is why they added the trash pick up feint. “We were just picking up the trash when we found the drugs.” Sure.

Cheers.
Lol

Case law certainly might change as a result of recent events.

But currently, when it comes to hotels, the reasonableness for cause of entry is what most cases turn on.

Checking up on you isn’t going to cut it under current law. Invading your privacy to see what you might be up to might not be a 4th amendment violation when a private entity does it. It’ll become one when they involve law enforcement with their findings.

Why they entered the room will be exactly on point. Entering to check up on our guests goes to the heart of 4th amendments rights once the government becomes involved.

My guess is this is why they added the trash pick up feint. “We were just picking up the trash when we found the drugs.” Sure.

I get where you are coming from with something like a drug bust. I am not going to start guessing what Disney would do if someone found a little bag of something in someone's room, but my best guess is to either just take it, or leave it alone. It is a lot of work to bust someone for drugs, involving the legal challenges that you mention. Also, they then are missing out on a (potentially very hungry) customer in their parks.

I get where you are coming from with something like a drug bust. I am not going to start guessing what Disney would do if someone found a little bag of something in someone's room, but my best guess is to either just take it, or leave it alone. It is a lot of work to bust someone for drugs, involving the legal challenges that you mention. Also, they then are missing out on a (potentially very hungry) customer in their parks.

The easiest thing for security to do would be to flush the drugs, it’s not like the occupants would report it.

The easiest thing for security to do would be to flush the drugs, it’s not like the occupants would report it.
Sure if we’re talking about MJ. The more hard core stuff? Cut an addict abruptly off from their supply in a place where they can’t routinely resupply?

An addict in hard core withdrawal is an unpredictable disaster waiting to happen.

I mean, we’re assuming the point of this exercise is to mitigate unpredictable people doing violent things.

Sure if we’re talking about MJ. The more hard core stuff? Cut an addict abruptly off from their supply in a place where they can’t routinely resupply?

An addict in hard core withdrawal is an unpredictable disaster waiting to happen.

I mean, we’re assuming the point of this exercise is to mitigate unpredictable people doing violent things.

I would be interested to see the correlation between heroin users and Disney World visitors. Especially DVC members. As far as I know about heroin, it is all consuming and someone with disposable income will use it on that, not a trip to WDW.
I could be surprised by the actual data, though.

I would be interested to see the correlation between heroin users and Disney World visitors. Especially DVC members. As far as I know about heroin, it is all consuming and someone with disposable income will use it on that, not a trip to WDW.
I could be surprised by the actual data, though.
Right, but the point is that you can’t make a plan to look if you don’t have a plan to deal with what you might find. 30,000 extra “looks” a day is going to turn up some very weird stuff.

They’re going to have to discover whole books worth of new protocols. And many of those new protocols are highly likely to be reviewed by Courts.

It’s a useless gesture for a timeshare owner to scream how their gonna sue. Knock yourself out, our lawyers dress much nicer than yours.

It’s a different story when someone is facing the legal system because of a WDW policy. Engaging every possible legal argument will be somebody’s lifeline.

I doubt they'll be seeing anything different than what the housekeepers have already seen cleaning the cash rooms daily. I'm sure they have some stories to tell.

I doubt they'll be seeing anything different than what the housekeepers have already seen cleaning the cash rooms daily. I'm sure they have some stories to tell.
Of course they’ll see different stuff! The people doing things they shouldn’t were leaving up their DND signs.

And you can make an argument that’s why Disney should check ... if

1. You want to lump your guests who just want privacy in with your ne’er do wells, and

2. If you have a plan for what you find that doesn’t end up getting your whole new policy thrown out by some Court down the road.

Disney does have a right to enter your room. That is a right all purveyors of hotels, timeshares, and rental housing retain. There will not be an overturning of case law on this because at the end of the day, Disney owns the property - you do not. (Yes, you have a deed, but its a lease). And because at the end of the day, Disney has a higher right to protect their property than you do to privacy on property they own that you have no need to be on. You have no inherent right for hotel accommodations.

Disney can call the sheriff if you deny them the right to enter the room because it is their room - and they have the right to evict you if you do not follow their policies. Case law is not going to overturn that either.

Hello to all, I apologize if this has already been discussed.
Do the doors still have security latches?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter