Travel Changes?

I'm same as you, did your Dr give you any direction? Mine was oddly quiet when I asked if there was an action plan for high risk such as us and when I texted back a few vague questions a hospital staff nurse stepped in and redirected me - it was weird

It probably depends on why you're immunocompromised. In my case, it's immunosuppressant meds I take for an autoimmune condition. My rheumatologist told me to stop the meds if I develop upper respiratory symptoms, but otherwise continue them, and to avoid travel for 2 or 3 months. I would press your doctor for direct guidance, it all depends on your unique clinical picture...!

Wow! That's been their policy for years now! I didn't really realize it was "unofficial"!
Seeing as the above post by JEJ indicates that ABD is balking at honoring their previous "one time transfer" unofficial policy, I wouldn't count on it.

Sayhello

Hopefully, ABD is being more reasonable now given how things have accelerated in the last few days. I feel really bad for those who have PIF and are in limbo. Losing a deposit would be annoying, and leave a bad taste in my mouth for sure (and, given the circumstances, would have been contrary to Disney's reputation for customer service), but it wouldn't have been the end of the world.

our PIF is in June. I booked this particular ABD because the podcasters are leading it, but i think i'm going to cancel when June rolls around.
I don't know where we'll be with corona by that point. There are vaccines on the horizon, but i doubt they'll already be available by our trip in October, so i wouldn't want to fly halfway around the world in that situation.
I'll lose the $1000 deposit, and the change/cancellation fee for our flights to LA, but i can live with that.
Not sure how my husband is going to feel since the tail end of the trip involves business meetings. But he can do that by phone and skype, so probably not an issue either.

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will temporarily close due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, the Walt Disney Co. said Thursday evening.

The closure will go into effect Sunday, March 15 and last through the end of March. Disneyland Paris will also temporarily close and Disney Cruise will suspend all new departures.

"Out of an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our guests and employees, we are proceeding with the closure of our theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Paris Resort, beginning at the close of business on Sunday, March 15, through the end of the month. Disney Cruise Line will suspend all new departures beginning Saturday, March 14, through the end of the month," the company said in a statement.

Cast members will be paid during the closure, and the hotels at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris will remain open until further notice, as will the retail and dining complexes at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World and Disney Village at Disneyland Paris.

https://abc7ny.com/health/disney-wo...wn-in-response-to-coronavirus-threat/6008169/

We are going to palm beach...destined to do something on this vacation and not stay home! I’m glad we decided against flying at the last minute.

So....since ABD let me move the trip amount before they announced they cancelled it, they aren’t going to let me have a full refund. I’m a little bummed but I just have to make sure i use it on another ABD this winter. Who the heck knows what state the world will be in then!

We are going to palm beach...destined to do something on this vacation and not stay home! I’m glad we decided against flying at the last minute.

So....since ABD let me move the trip amount before they announced they cancelled it, they aren’t going to let me have a full refund. I’m a little bummed but I just have to make sure i use it on another ABD this winter. Who the heck knows what state the world will be in then!

palm beach is good too.....seems to be a kind of end of the world scenario going on here...
have a nice time with your family!!!! at least it probably won't be crowded..

Wow, get off a plane after 11 hours and boy have things changed. After I wanted to throw up looking at the stock market, I saw the news about Disneyland, Disney World, and the Canadian PM's wife. Glad to be home, but it actually feels worse here. London was still fairly open compared to CA. I also saw the Princess ship docked at the Port of Oakland on our way home from SFO :( I can't remember the last time I saw so little traffic on the Bay Bridge. Stay safe everyone.

Just got off the phone with AbD, they have canceled ALL departures from now until March 31. The decision was made this morning at 9 am EST, and emails are in the process of going out.

Additionally, they are putting some flexibility options in place for ALL departures through May 31. Watch your inboxes!

Wow, get off a plane after 11 hours and boy have things changed. After I wanted to throw up looking at the stock market, I saw the news about Disneyland, Disney World, and the Canadian PM's wife. Glad to be home, but it actually feels worse here. London was still fairly open compared to CA. I also saw the Princess ship docked at the Port of Oakland on our way home from SFO :( I can't remember the last time I saw so little traffic on the Bay Bridge. Stay safe everyone.
Glad you made it home safe - yes the lack of traffic is one plus side to this. Palo Alto to Pleasanton evening commute which can take 2 hours normally has been taking 50 min this week. I think my Aulani trip in three weeks is in serious jeopardy - the trend seems to be to tech businesses discouraging ALL commercial travel by employees unless they self quarantine after.

I just spoke with Scott Dunn. They are finally allowing me to move my deposit to another date. I will have to pay any increase in cost for the hotels / tours that I booked (I am fine with this). I am thinking the end of August. If we go this route we won't be able to do the Quark cruise (they don't have the itinerary we booked in August). I don't want to commit to any dates until I know we will be safe.

Something interesting though. They said I have to keep Russia in my itinerary, because the agreement they made with their suppliers stipulates that they are permitted to move tours, but if they cancel them they will be out the money. The applications for the Russia visas were not fun, but I suppose I could do it again.

I am thankful that they are allowing us to move the deposit as I really wanted to complete this trip.

Just got off the phone with AbD, they have canceled ALL departures from now until March 31. The decision was made this morning at 9 am EST, and emails are in the process of going out.

Additionally, they are putting some flexibility options in place for ALL departures through May 31. Watch your inboxes!
Thanks! That's interesting about *ALL* departures for March being canceled!

I reported on the flexible options through May 31st yesterday. If you look back, there was already some discussion about that.

Sayhello

Glad you made it home safe - yes the lack of traffic is one plus side to this. Palo Alto to Pleasanton evening commute which can take 2 hours normally has been taking 50 min this week. I think my Aulani trip in three weeks is in serious jeopardy - the trend seems to be to tech businesses discouraging ALL commercial travel by employees unless they self quarantine after.
Thanks! Yes, it was pretty unreal on the Bay Bridge. Just got a call from DD20 who goes to school in England that they are closing down and may not reopen for next term. Super bummed for her as she is graduating in the summer. Not sure what to do with all our plans for that. Had to cancel her award ticket to come home at the end of the month but was able to buy her a reasonable one-way fare on British Air to come back on Monday. Will be nice to have her home and not have to go through a self-quarantine again just when we will be done with ours, LOL. Our trip to Maui in early April is probably not going to happen, and I think WDW for RunDisney in April is also a no go. It's just not worth the risk of travel right now. There was a woman coughing the entire way home yesterday, and I was livid. Ending up wearing my mask most of the flight.

Well we are in Australia- the trip is scheduled to go forward on the 13th. We get an email after arriving that we can re book trip. Our vacationista manager didn’t even know the reschedule option applied. When we told him he said he would verify.

He said the that there were only 13 people on our trip out of 30+ ( the cancelled) and that those people were already here like us. And that they would go forward.

We are trying to decide what to do. Australia is now just canceling large events but pretty hard to enjoy the trip witj everything swirling.
Since we are are here, we don’t k own if we should just go forward since we would likely self isolate anyway upon return or if we are being crazy with all the evolving issues to be so far from getting home and whether we can even enjoy the trip with the increasing hysteria.
Trying to figure out what to do.

Well we are in Australia- the trip is scheduled to go forward on the 13th. We get an email after arriving that we can re book trip. Our vacationista manager didn’t even know the reschedule option applied. When we told him he said he would verify.

He said the that there were only 13 people on our trip out of 30+ ( the cancelled) and that those people were already here like us. And that they would go forward.

We are trying to decide what to do. Australia is now just canceling large events but pretty hard to enjoy the trip witj everything swirling.
Since we are are here, we don’t k own if we should just go forward since we would likely self isolate anyway upon return or if we are being crazy with all the evolving issues to be so far from getting home and whether we can even enjoy the trip with the increasing hysteria.
Trying to figure out what to do.
Please stay safe. Prayers to you and your family.

As expected, United/Lufthansa made a schedule change to the return flights from Glasgow for DD and me. I don't know why they didn't just cancel everything, but the schedule change showed a later flight from Glasgow to Frankfurt that was scheduled to arrive in Frankfurt 4 hours AFTER our second leg was supposed to depart Frankfurt for Denver. I tried to request a refund via the United website (I booked with United miles) but wasn't able to do that because it was an active reservation (that I also couldn't cancel online, SMH). I was surprised when I called United that they indicated a hold time of only 20 to 25 minutes. Luckily I could just continue to work with the call on hold on my cell, because it was an hour and 40 minutes before I got transferred to a rep. I think that's actually pretty good compared to some of the other airlines, travel companies. Anyway, the rep was super nice and accommodating and cancelled the whole reservation, redeposited my miles with no fee (I already see them in my United account), and my taxes/fees will be refunded to my credit card. Not looking forward to needing to unravel the other flights once the schools inevitably cancel their Offer Holder Days, but nothing on that yet....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter