Travel Republic postage issue

paulfoel

DIS Veteran
Option on there to select special delivery or otherwise. OK Fair enough.

Trouble is if you dont select this when you get your email order they tell you they wont even post your tickets for 7-10 days unless you pay for special delivery.

It really depends on how they've worded it in the Email and on their website. If it's worded in a way that says, if you don't pay for special delivery, you will have to wait 7-10 days for your ticket then it probably is. If they say that they won't actually despatch your ticket until after 7-10 days have passed then probably not. It's all in the wording...

I don't think it's illegal, as long as the options are relatively clear on the website, but I don't think that will be appreciated by many customers. It could be that they send their regular (non recorded) mail out once a week so if you happen to put in your order on the day they are sending mail out, it waits until the following week ... (Just a guess).

I hate it when companies do this. It just smacks of bad form. :mad: Even the banks can't scrape together that many 'working days' to drag out a transaction clearling :rolleyes1 What a shame I don't have extra time on my hands. I would love to give them a run around with a whole lot of enquiry emails and comments - just for the heck of it ;)

I'm just thinking about it: if I ordered tickets I don't think I would want them coming by regular mail so I would pay for SD without thinking about it. Possibly this is what most people have done

It really depends on how they've worded it in the Email and on their website. If it's worded in a way that says, if you don't pay for special delivery, you will have to wait 7-10 days for your ticket then it probably is. If they say that they won't actually despatch your ticket until after 7-10 days have passed then probably not. It's all in the wording...

7-10 days until they will post them.

I'm just thinking about it: if I ordered tickets I don't think I would want them coming by regular mail so I would pay for SD without thinking about it. Possibly this is what most people have done

No. Recorded is just as good. Its not your problem until the goods arrive at your home. If they get lost in transit, its not your problem - that's the law.

If something got lost in the post, first thing to do is phone credit card company. They will automatically give you a refund unless sending company can prove you recieved the goods.

I don't think it's illegal, as long as the options are relatively clear on the website, but I don't think that will be appreciated by many customers. It could be that they send their regular (non recorded) mail out once a week so if you happen to put in your order on the day they are sending mail out, it waits until the following week ... (Just a guess).

I hate it when companies do this. It just smacks of bad form. :mad: Even the banks can't scrape together that many 'working days' to drag out a transaction clearling :rolleyes1 What a shame I don't have extra time on my hands. I would love to give them a run around with a whole lot of enquiry emails and comments - just for the heck of it ;)

But they're not allowed to do this. Its considered a hidden charge.

Fair enough if the post office take ages to deliver them, not their fault.

It's not a hidden charge as they aren't charging you for the service :confused3

I just posted this on the other forum:

Below is an extract from the booking conditions:

On receipt of full payment we will issue a confirmation of booking. Tickets will be sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery within 7-10 working days of a booking. We do not charge for this method of delivery. You will receive the actual tickets and not vouchers (except for Discovery Cove and excursions where vouchers are supplied). It is your responsibility to take care of any tickets issued as these cannot be replaced. Travel Republic Ltd. accepts no responsibility for, and is not liable for, any loss or damage which may be caused by late delivery, provided that Travel Republic Ltd. can demonstrate that date of postage was not the decisive factor.

Since you are asked to tick the box to say you have read and agreed to these booking conditions before you place your order, I am not really sure why you are now complaining. Besides, it clearly states above that the tickets will be despatched within 7-10 days. That is very different from your original claim as per your OP:

"if you dont select this when you get your email order they tell you they wont even post your tickets for 7-10 days unless you pay for special delivery."

I don't really see it as a problem :confused3

Option on there to select special delivery or otherwise. OK Fair enough.

Trouble is if you dont select this when you get your email order they tell you they wont even post your tickets for 7-10 days unless you pay for special delivery.

Not being funny but dont see what thats got to do with the time it takes to to put in an envelope. Basically, its pay extra or we'll mess you around !!!!

Is this even legal?

Its not a con at all. Think of it as a fast track service which you have to pay for. If you don't want to pay the extra then you wait longer.

And it's the same with most attraction ticket agents when it comes to sending out real tickets.

I ordered our Universal tickets from American Attractions and chose not to pay extra for priority mail and I have to wait up to 14 days for my tickets! It's not great having to wait but unless you have less than 2 weeks until your holiday then it really shouldn't be an issue should it? :confused3

Actually, it's not your problem if they got lost in the mail. I wouldn't pay extra for special delivery unless I needed them urgently. Otherwise, I'd just wait for the regular post - who cares if they might get lost? Not my problem: it's the sender's (i.e. TR's) responsibility to ensure they reach me.

I agree. Almost everytime we have bought tickets online we have asked for them to be spent special delivery. I'm not really bothered whose fault it is when they get lost, I just want them in my holiday folder so I can look at them everyday :goodvibes

Actually, it's not your problem if they got lost in the mail. I wouldn't pay extra for special delivery unless I needed them urgently. Otherwise, I'd just wait for the regular post - who cares if they might get lost? Not my problem: it's the sender's (i.e. TR's) responsibility to ensure they reach me.
You are right that it's not your problem if they get lost but I would suspect that the companies are relying on either people not being fully aware of that, or that some - like me - are happy to pay that little bit extra just to get hold of their tickets as soon as possible.

I have also changed the title of this thread as it was a little unfair based on the facts.

I ordered tickets from them I also paid the cheapest postage and received the tickets in 2 days! :thumbsup2

Little unfair to call the thread a warning about TR! a lot of travel companies do exactly the same thing, it's just like purchasing from any online company you pay for express delivery if you want it.
I've only ever had good experiences with TR.

OK. Thread title has now been changed.

Maybe I was a little hasty and, yes, it is in the terms and conditions. Also, its good of Travel Republic to come on here and try and clarify things.

However, I still think, its a little confusing when you check out you're given two options, special delivery (guaranteed 2 days), or recorded. I think its fair to say that most people will assume that if you choose recorded it wont be guaranteed within 2 days but it will be processed and posted at the same time. Therefore, to receive an email saying that it might not even be sent for 7-10 days is a little disconcerting.

Yes, I could have checked the t+cs and read this but I still dont see why it couldn't be clearer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter