Traveling with a 6 year old to WDW in August...

I went with my 6 and 9 years old. The most used things on our trip was the stroller, insulated water bottle with lots of ice + water and a mini fan.

Thank you all for your amazing tips and tricks for traveling to WDW with a 6 year old. Our plans shifted a little bit for financial reasons but we are still going! We changed our resort from Boardwalk Villas to AllStar Sports, but everything else will stay the same. The only issue I am wrestling with is my fiancé wants to have an in room welcome celebration basket that's worth about $300 and I just can't seem to justify that price....Has anyone used this service that Disney offers? Is it worth it or am I being too much of a penny pincher???
For my daughter's 6th birthday - we gathered a bunch of things from home shopping (ebay, Target, Walmart etc) and I hurried up and bought an autograph book and her favorite stuffed princess doll at the hotel gift shop when we first arrived at the resort and had my family distract her. I quickly gathered everything up and had my family keep her busy exploring the resort area while I went to the room and laid it all out on the bed for her. Then met them back at the food court or where ever, and told them our room was ready.

We proceeded up to the room, let her go first to find it all waiting for her. I'm sure I spent well under $300, but it had the same reaction I'm sure if it had been the expensive basket. I didn't even put it in a basket. Just had it in a pile on one of the beds. She was so happy.

Thank you all for your amazing tips and tricks for traveling to WDW with a 6 year old. Our plans shifted a little bit for financial reasons but we are still going! We changed our resort from Boardwalk Villas to AllStar Sports, but everything else will stay the same. The only issue I am wrestling with is my fiancé wants to have an in room welcome celebration basket that's worth about $300 and I just can't seem to justify that price....Has anyone used this service that Disney offers? Is it worth it or am I being too much of a penny pincher???
For my daughter's 6th birthday - we gathered a bunch of things from home shopping (ebay, Target, Walmart etc) and I hurried up and bought an autograph book and her favorite stuffed princess doll at the hotel gift shop when we first arrived at the resort and had my family distract her. I quickly gathered everything up and had my family keep her busy exploring the resort area while I went to the room and laid it all out on the bed for her. Then met them back at the food court or where ever, and told them our room was ready.
We proceeded up to the room, let her go first to find it all waiting for her. I'm sure I spent well under $300, but it had the same reaction I'm sure if it had been the expensive basket. I didn't even put it in a basket. Just had it in a pile on one of the beds. She was so happy.
By the way, we will be there August too, Aug 11-18 at Caribbean Beach Resort this time. All-Star Sports was the place we stayed for my son's 1st trip, and the one thing I forgot was to take pictures of us/him at that resort. I will forever regret that. He wasn't even 3 at the time, but loved all things sports. I would give anything to go back to that time and take his picture next to one of those big sports statues around the resort.

There's a Facebook group called "Ear for Each Other" that started as a way to support Disney cast members while Disney was closed during COVID. You may be able to find someone that can deliver something for less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter