Tree House Villa's - photo

Kimberle

WL Vet
DSCN2385.jpg

DSCN2386.jpg

I'm going to try and post this photo. Please let me know if you can see it. I'ms trying a new site. (I haven't had good luck posting photo's in the past.)

This was taken from the boat to DTD from POR about a week ago. They started working on the new Tree House Villa's about 4 months ago.

(If it works, I have lots more photo's to post from our trip.)

Edited - 2nd try. Crosing fingers it works this time.

I think you need to try again:upsidedow hope it works, I'd love to see what they're doing

??? This is at POR? I know there are these cute villas on that boat path that belong to the college students. They do not pass ADA rules so they can not be offered to guests I was told. So sad cause I freaking love them. They are so cute.

Ok now the photos load for me. Silly computer. That looks really strange but definately not the area I was thinking about.

Thanks,

I could not see them from the OKW canal.

bookwormde

Working now :thumbsup2 I've heard they'll be bringing in pre-fab pieces soon. Can't wait to see what it looks like when they're done.

??? This is at POR? I know there are these cute villas on that boat path that belong to the college students. They do not pass ADA rules so they can not be offered to guests I was told. So sad cause I freaking love them. They are so cute.

Ok now the photos load for me. Silly computer. That looks really strange but definately not the area I was thinking about.

Those are the same, they're on the SSR property on the other side of the LBV golf course (can also be seen from the water). The Tree House villas used to be rented out years ago, then they fell into disrepair and couldn't be updated because of the wetlands. They used them for the last several years for the International Program students and now through some exception/somehow, they are replacing the tree house villas with new ones. Just don't know yet what Disney plans to do with them :confused:

No, they are not at POR. They are on the same river, maybe half way to DTD. They are being rebuilt. I don't know to much about them, but I recall there are lots of TreeHouse "fans" here. I though they'd like some pictures.:wizard:

I'm so glad they now work! Thanks for your help, everyone!

On my second trip to Disney, maybe '77 or '78, my family stayed in a treehouse villa. I remember it was really cool and spacious. We also stayed in the fairway villas once. THAT was huge! Anyone know what happened to them?

I remember when I was growing up I always wanted to stay at the Treehouse Villas. They were sooooo cool looking!!! Then, years later, I heard that they were not being used for guests anymore but some were being used by kids doing the college internship or CMs. That's what I heard, anyway. I'm so happy that they are building new ones! Someday maybe I'll get to stay there!!!

The Treehouse Villas are now going to have the Saratoga Resort Villas name so I wonder if you own DVC points there if that to would be my homebase?:confused:

The press release said the Tree House Villas at Disney's SSR are a new phase of the resort and a new booking category at the resort :banana: :cool1:

We stayed in them once as a kid. I had to be 5 or 6 so maybe 1980-81. Something like that. Anyway, they were so cool. I don't remember much, but I remember they were really special. I remember Mousekeeping made a bed out of towels and sheets for all my stuffed animals. That was well before towel animals, but it was really neat to come home and see Mickey, Minnie, Dumbo, Bambi and Figment (the ones I remember having) all tucked in their own bed. Also I remember walking to the soda machine (and getting Mellow Yellow, something we didn't have back home, still don't but I remember I loved it!) On the way in the pond you could see an aligator in the distance, I was scared, but not scared enough to sty away from that soda machine with Mellow Yellow!!! That place was sool, I know I'd never be able to stay there with my family, but it would be cool to see them built again.

We just returned yesterday from our trip. I took these pictures to share:

100_0588.jpg

100_0586.jpg

100_0585.jpg

100_0584.jpg

100_0587.jpg

Thanks for the really great pictures! :) They must be like a tardis, much bigger on the inside than on the outside, they don't look like they would have 3 bedrooms?!! I would LOVE to stay in one of these and my son would think it was such an adventure!!!!! :upsidedow
Debsx

Thank you for the wonderful pictures. Hopefully more people will take them and keep us updated on the progress.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter