Tree trimming

Pop-up-family

Earning My Ears
We just got back from our great week at FW. Thought I'd fill in everybody on the tree trimming that's going on.
Loops 1200, 1700 were closed to campers and major tree cutting was going on. I was riding my bike around and stopped and asked one of the crew why so many trees were coming down. The "cast member" said so people can get there awnings out. However they sure were hauling a lot of big pines out of there. I noticed many trees still marked in the 1900 loop to come down. We rode our bikes through the 1200 loop and it now seems so sunny and no privacy between campsites anymore. They said they are cutting on a schedule and will be working a loop at a time.

Sherri

I wonder what there schedule is for the tree cutting? We will be there June 11th and I've requested the 900 loop. I hope that loop won't be closed for tree cutting then. :(

A lot of the parks around here have had to cut out a lot of the pines due to some pine disease or parasite. I hope that's not the problem!

Well, I guess that helps explain why we have had such a hard time getting booked in the campground. I know my neighbor across the street will be happy to hear this. He is always complaining about not being able to get his class A in a spot where everything can open up. He says there is almost always something that they can't get into or open out. Some of the trees do need to go. But I sure hope they keep the cutting to an absolute minimum. There is already precious little privacy between sites. I would hate for them to turn FW into a wide open RV resort parking lot type of place.

I wouldn't worry about tree trimming interfering with your camping experience. We were in the 1800 loop and that is pretty close to the 1700 loop and we couldn't hear any saws from our site, only when we rode by on our bikes did we hear them. They will not be trimming and cutting down in a loop with campers in it, they just close the whole loop off. However that's just how it was while we were there this past week, lots of empty spaces so they could afford to close whole loops. June is always packed full and they will probably just stop for the summer months. At least that seems to make sense, I can't see Disney losing money in the summer months just to cut trees down.
Sherri

As much as I am no fan of indescriminant tree cutting, I think that FW had to do something about the space problem at the sites. The place was designed in the 70's before huge class A's with bump outs and awnings. I have even had to do some maneuvering to get a pop up in a position where we could open a slide out and awning at the same time!

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter