Treehouse villas all adults - bunk beds

Ed T

DVC Member/OKW 1993
We have 8 adults and want to stay in the treehouse villas. Called DVC and asked about adults in bunk beds and they claim they should be ok in the bunk beds. For those that have stayed in treehouse what do you think? Points are half those for grand villas.

Thanks

We stayed in a Treehouse in August (just me, DH and our DD10).

Our daughter slept in the bunk bed, they may be a tad small for adults, I guess it depends on how big of adults we are talking about!

Also keep in mind two of the adults will have to sleep in the living area, if you are okay with that.

I can't imagine fitting 8 adults into a THV! Keep in mind the living room area is tiny and you'll have 6 adults sharing the one bathroom once the 2 adults in the master are tucked in for the night. The THV was great for the 4 of us (2 of us were kids), but I would never stay there with more than 6 people. In terms of the bunkbed, they seem to be the same size as twin beds, but of course one person will have to climb up to the top bunk. I wouldn't want to have to be that person!

ETA: I honestly think you'd have more room in a 2bdrm, and if you go with a resort that has 2 bdrm/3 baths that would be even better. Or do a 2bdrm and a studio if you want to save points rather than doing a GV.

We had five adults and three kids (two fourteen-year-olds and a twelve-year-old) in a THV in September. Originally, my mother-in-law was going to share the bunk with the 12 y.o. The bunks were squeaky; she had trouble sleeping. She ended up in the LR on the pull-out chair with the teens.

We weren't crowded, but another adult would have done it, I think.

I don't think the LR is "tiny." The bunk was short for my 6'2" son, but we loved the THV. The sleeper chair is very comfortable.

My daughter is 5' 7" and she had no issues in the bunks; she even chose to sleep in the top one. But I do agree with the others that 8 adults in a Tree House is probably going to be tight. We only had 3 - just my kids and I. We loved having our own rooms. But I guess it really depends on how well you all get along and how much you'll be in the villa.

My daughter is 5' 7" and she had no issues in the bunks; she even chose to sleep in the top one. But I do agree with the others that 8 adults in a Tree House is probably going to be tight. We only had 3 - just my kids and I. We loved having our own rooms. But I guess it really depends on how well you all get along and how much you'll be in the villa.

Do the bedrooms have locks on the doors?

Our experience with 4 adults and two kids (8 and 10) was great, plenty of space without having to use the beds in the living room. The bunk beds seemed a little small for adults (unless they are small adults). Seems like 8 adults would be pretty tight particularily in the bathroom accomodation, since there is only one outside the master bedroom and it is not particularily large. Also not sure if you will have cars or not. The policy is that only one car can be parked at the unit. Other vehicles have to be parked over at SSR.

I will say that our split stay started with three nights in a two bedroom at BLT. There would be plenty of space for 8 adults and an extra bathroom in any of the newer two bedroom designs. Even though the tree house was a three bedroom, the rooms are pretty small.

It depends on the grown ups. I've gone on retreats with my girlfriends and have ended up in the top bunk because I'm relatively small and still flexible enough to get up there. But we are all in our 40s and 50s now, many of us carrying extra weight, and there are only a very few of us who would be able and willing to climb into and out of a top bunk.

Now twenty years ago, a lot more of us would be able to. And twenty years from now, I'm not sure if I'll be up for it.

So consider the age, size (tall or overly heavy won't work) and fitness levels of your group. Also, consider who you are going to be asking to climb up there. I like my girlfriends a lot, and am willing to climb up there, but honestly...being the one that ends up with the worst bed on every trip because I fit and am willing is a little wearing.

We also go on a couples trip with two other couples, and for years the place we stayed had one room with twin beds. We would swap out - twin beds on a couples weekend is not ideal - even if they aren't bunks (sharing a room is also a couples trip less than ideal situation - if people are thinking nookie is on the agenda with an adults trip, you need to get sleeping arrangements clear - it can be a divisive thing to discover that one couple gets the king bed, and everyone else is celibate for the week. Some people might prefer paying for their own room.)

Crisi gave some excellent advise to consider the age, size etc.

We had 7 adults this past August and had a blast!

Bunkbeds are fine for people under 6 feet tall. My nephews used them with no problems.

I tried to see if I could fit just before checking out, I'm 6 ft 1 in and I could do it if I had to. If you toss and turn alot, it might be a problem

Another thing to think about is how sober the adults are going to be. Bunk beds suck if you are really drunk or hungover.

(those retreats with my girlfriends often involve some wine, maybe some tequila, a few gin and tonics.....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter