Treehouse villas

jupers

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about staying in the treehouses next year. We own at SSR so booking shouldn't be an issue...we love to relax at the pool... How far from a feature pool are they? Looking for any info...,,

they are quite a walk. we actually drove over and parked near the pool when we stayed at treehouse

You can take the THV internal bus to SSR. It will let you off at The Springs. You can also walk across the bridge to The Paddock's new pool.

It is about a 10 min walk to the grandstand pool, 15 to 20 min to springs pool. I actually liked the walk, nice walking trail thru beautiful grounds. Harder if you have small children though.

I guess it really depends on the family though, are you the type of family that needs to get everywhere fast and convenient or are you more of a leisurely family. I think the THV's are more for the leisurely type families.

... and as a bonus the quiet pool by the Treeshouses is usually vacant. We visited over NYE 2013 and only ever saw one other group using that pool. Every time that we used it we had it to ourselves.

We drove our car over to the Paddock area one day as we had not used that pool yet. It worked fine, but not sure it was really worth it. Something about driving back to your room in a wet swim suit makes it less enjoyable. SSR probably has the most pools of any DVC resort. It isn't difficult to use them from the THV's, but does take some effort.

My one pointer for the Treehouses is to request a location toward the path to the Grandstand (South end). When it's time to catch a bus to a park, walk over to the Grandstand stop instead of doing the THV transfer. Grandstand is the first pickup location for SSR so you will probably always get a seat. Same thing for the bus dropoff. Get off at Grandstand and walk back. It's more of a walk (not much), but is very much quicker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter