Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

It has several issues and why I'm quite shocked it's considered a success. I never dreamed that many would pay to get 3 more rides and viewing for a show that isn't hard to see for free, probably in about the same spot in some cases

You have to consider the relative value of money for each person. Some people work 6 hours for $50 after taxes, and many more hours to clear it after housing and food expenses. Some people will clear $50 in 1/2 hour, and some don't work at all. I guess there are enough moneybags around to make it work.

That's why when I see "is it worth it" threads I shrug, without knowing what $50 is worth to you it's difficult to answer.

Monday I booked ours for September 6-16th. I did 8 days of CL PF+, I didn't see a need for extra FP+ at Epcot. The woman I talked to, Allie, was very helpful. It took almost an hour to get everything done. I had to change things around while I was on the phone because I could not duplicate the CL FP+ with a normal FP+. I stated that I should be able to since the 3 CL ones are paid for and she said the reason is because the FP system will take both on the first ride. I call BS on that but it is what it is. I know it will make our days a lot easier knowing we can take our time between rides and shop, snack or just relax without waiting in line as long. The only problem I see is if one of our HS days is a total washout with rain. Then it will be a waste of money.

Edit: Also when we booked our nighttime viewings, she stated I had good timing as that part will be going away on the 16th.

16th of what?

Curious, why would only the HS day be a washout with rain and not the others?

Edit: Also when we booked our nighttime viewings, she stated I had good timing as that part will be going away on the 16th.
Like others, I’m curious about this. I wonder if this change is a temporary part of this trial or if they are now doing a trial without including the nighttime viewing locations. A big part of what makes this appealing (or “worth it”) to me is that the viewing locations are included.

MK day 4-8
  • FP+ PP 10:15am
  • FP+ Seven 11:25am
  • FP+ Space Mountain 12:25pm
  • pulled FP Pirates 1:00pm
  • pulled FP Little Mermaid 1:45pm
  • Extra FP BTMR 3:00pm
  • Extra FP Splash Mountain 4:00pm
  • Pulled HM 5:25pm
  • Storm System rolled in and left to the contemporary for a break
  • Extra FP Seven-did not make it called the after hours number and received a voice messaging service. Left a message haven't heard anything back.
  • Arrived at 8:30 for HEA one other family watched it with us.
  • Pulled quite a bit till midnight and rode a bit more on walk ons. The park really emptied out after the storm and once HEA was over.
  • Went to Seven at 11:45pm, figured we'd give FP a try. CM said we were a couple hours tardy but let us through. Stand by had a posted wait of 30 minutes.

Edit- Talked to DSS they told me that even the after hours are only open so long. I called at 8:00pm Eastern. Also if it happened again Guest Services or your Club level Concierge could make a change.

Here it is! They tried to use the “after-hours” number at 8pm, left a message & were never called back. DSS said the after hours is only open so long and to contact your CL conceirge team or guest services.

16th of what?

Curious, why would only the HS day be a washout with rain and not the others?
Dang. Must be Sept 16. Personally not surprised given the reports of super low use when the night event finally happens but I’m very sad.

Dang. Must be Sept 16. Personally not surprised given the reports of super low use when the night event finally happens but I’m very sad.
That or didn't someone else mention that during the Party season they would be discontinuing the viewing location for HEA because of the parties? It's possible the CM was "confused" as they often are.
But honestly, every one of the events are super easy to view without these reserved areas. Heck, HEA's viewing area is IN an otherwise free area. It can't be a huge loss.

I emailed DSS questioning what number to call after hours to modify CL FP+. The reply was to “contact in-park guest relations for assistance.”

I wonder if we are allowed to contact resort club concierge for assistance after hours.

I emailed DSS questioning what number to call after hours to modify CL FP+. The reply was to “contact in-park guest relations for assistance.”

I wonder if we are allowed to contact resort club concierge for assistance after hours.
It wouldn't hurt at all. One or the other would be able to fix

I agree you can try. But, don’t be surprised if you hit a wall with the on-site CL staff and this program. DSS and the on-site CL CMs are notoriously disconnected and really operate as separate units. They may surprise me and have developed a bit more integration with this program... but I’d keep expectations pretty low.

Oh no! I wonder if the same will hold true for November since there are parties as well.

Until they’re actually doing the bookings it’s hard to know. Maybe because of the parties + holidays they are cutting it for Dec only, for now?

Well, sorry I have bad news. I just booked this for our trip Sept 8- 15. The CM was wonderful & very knowledgeable. She remarked we are getting in just in time. According to her, the nighttime spectaculars will not be offered after September 15. She said she believes it is because the demand isn’t thee for the viewings. And that many people are booking it “in case” they feel like doing it, then they are not showing up. Maybe too tired or have dining plans instead. But she was certain that part was ending September 15.

Too bad, coz I do feel the nighttime viewings are a good benefit of the program.

Well that’s kind of a bummer, but I’m not surprised. The reports so far - while we haven’t seen a ton of them - all generally seem to indicate very low crowds at the nightime viewings.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t even select nighttime viewing options for an upcoming trip because it just didn’t really fit into our overall plans. So I guess y’all can blame people like me for the change! :duck:

Still a bummer because there are certain trips and times of year where I would have very much wanted to have them in my plans.

That is really a shame that they are stopping the night time viewing. The first person to post about it said they weren't doing it during Dec because of the parties. I had been wondering about the Halloween parties because at the end of Sept and all of Oct there are just as many parties as there are Xmas parties in Nov and Dec. It seems that may be why they are ending it not because of low attendance. The two CM's recently asked didn't have a definitive answer as to why they were ending it. I think the one that said about Dec makes the most sense when you look at the number of party nights vs. non party nights available for the fireworks. I just don't get why they suspended all of the viewing areas. If it is low attendance, it took them 3 months to figure out the viewing areas weren't working and then they suspended it just as the parties at MK ramped up. Is it a coincidence or is it because of what the first person posted?

I know that changes our plans. We were really looking forward to the viewing areas especially for HEA. It will be interesting to see if they sell just as many CLFP's programs from Sept 16th on with the viewing eliminated. I have already seen several people say they won't be purchasing them now or are rethinking the program because of this. I know with just the FP's it is no longer worth the $50/day to me. I can do my own FP's. The viewing areas made it worth it because it was cheaper than using a dessert party, an ADR, FP or having to scope a spot real early. Oh well.:confused3

Last edited:
I had been wondering about the Halloween parties.

I was told yesterday NO to the Halloween parties with the reasoning being there are no fast passes during this event, so no way to give a "special viewing section" as an option to the guests.

I was told yesterday NO to the Halloween parties with the reasoning being there are no fast passes during this event, so no way to give a "special viewing section" as an option to the guests.
Sorry you misunderstood my post. My point was not about a viewing area during the parties. If you read the whole post you will see I am not talking about using this program during the parties just about why they were suspending the viewing area portion of this program starting Sept 16th. It may be because of the Halloween and Xmas parties or it may be because of low attendance at the viewing areas. I think it is due to the party schedule. I may not be correct but like most things people have already been given different answers as to why the viewing areas are being taken out of the program.

I agree you can try. But, don’t be surprised if you hit a wall with the on-site CL staff and this program. DSS and the on-site CL CMs are notoriously disconnected and really operate as separate units. They may surprise me and have developed a bit more integration with this program... but I’d keep expectations pretty low.

Is there a way to contact on-site CL CM's via text or phone?? We will be staying at Poly. TIA

What a bummer! Sounds like Oct nighttime viewing is kaput. I will still buy them though. To get 3 extra FP’s and be able to make them any tier and multiple parks is worth it for me. If I’m going to spend all the $ to fly to Orlando, stay at Poly/BWI and go to Dis, there’s no way I’m waiting in line 60-90 mins for a ride. I’ll gladly spend a little more to have the extra fp’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter