Trick Or Treat Project!

WDWfan36

DIS Veteran
I think it would be neat to have different guest rooms handing out candy on Halloween but unless we use candy we will have to resort to giving away items instead. They don't have to be much or anything special, just something for those who visit and say "Trick or Treat" to get in the spirit of Halloween

Anyone who would like to particpate in this event please post necessary imformation, such as the name of the room, maybe a few detail about it. I hope many DIS'ers will be interested in coming together and creating a virtual trick or treat for everyone who won't have a change or is too old to go out on Halloween

I will be donating between 200-500 Haunted Mansion 1/9 Pins to help with the event. If anyone would like to help out and buy some of these, I would be very gratefull.

Date: The entire day of Oct 31st, 2006. You don't need to be on all day, it's up to you how long you keep your room open.

Participating:

WDWfan36: Lobby and Spooky Park Street
SpongeBlair
DisIVyCo
ChipnDale
Idol_Fan
birdfan94

Room Maybes:
PurpleDucky
ShadowKittyKat

Volunteer Help:

-------8<---

Current News

There isn't a limit to how many participants we can have other than the number of players on VMK, meaning, anyone who wants to join in the fun and pass out treats to people, are more than welcome. The more treats the better

Past News

We're going to try and link the rooms in a series so that guests will start at one room and follow a Coffin Teleporter to the next room so they can visit every room participating. We think this is a much better idea than a hub and it will also give guests a chance to go on a spooky halloween adventure throughout our rooms. You may link with each other if you wish, but please make sure we keep it so that traffic flow is directed from room to room. If anyone needs any help with either getting the teleporters or setting up the links, please send me a PM and we can sort it out.

** For those who are concerned about the same person visiting over and over to get multiple treats, how its handled will be up to you. Use your own discretion and if you feel someone is trying to take advantage of it, then ask them to move along politely. All room owners know if things get out of hand, there is a friendly Boot button to your advantage. Also, have a look at the next suggestion

** If you have a Kiosk, it could be setup to automatically hand out the treats with a single task asking them to say "Trick or Treat"; Fill your Kiosk with as many prizes you want to give out, then set under the options instead of a timed quest, select "until prizes run out". Woot! No worries with trading issues or people asking for more, thanks so much!

I hope many will sign up because this will be a big DIS event and should be much fun!

I would love to help out I have two rooms decorated and ready but my time on VMK is limited with the time difference I am now away to bed,night.

Well, if you have a quest machine then you can just set it up and leave. You don't have to be there

Sorry to double post but I would like your rooms to be done by Octtober 26th :)

This sounds Fun Count me in.
About how many prizes should we get/have, about how many Guest do we expect to Trick LOL

Nope, you don't need to have a hm room. You could use one of those malificents fortress room's you could buy, or any room you would like!

Here is what I've come up with so far. I will change it if/as Halloween furniture comes out. :)

prdgad7.jpg

aww, i wish i could, but i have school and dance, so i probably won't even be able to go trick-or-treating! (you're never too old to trick-or-treat). sorry i can't help, but that's an awesome idea!!!!!

Put me down as a maybe. I have a Halloweeny room (I'll post a picture of it later when I can get on VMK Pal), but with all the credits I already owe people, I need to see if I'll have enough credits by Halloween to buy things to give out to people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter