Trip of Firsts for our Family

Matty B13

DIS Veteran
Just got back from a 4 night stay at BWV and really loved the resort, even more so than BCV. If we had it to do over again I think we would have bought BWV over AKV, but hopefully we can get some BWV stays at the 7 month mark.

Firsts for our family on this trip were.......

First stay at BWV, we bought in 2016 but this was our first stay at this resort.
First time only using carry-ons on the plane (even with a wedding to go to) and made the trip much more enjoyable.... probably only bring carry-ons moving forward.
First time at WDW without a stroller....... thank goodness that is over with, makes transportation a lot easier.
First time being woken up at 7 am by Bell Service thinking we had a a DCL cruise that morning and needed to get going with our luggage..... this was after our flight was delayed 3.5 hours and we didn't get to bed till 2 am.
First time on the Skyliner...... which we took from Epcot to Hollywood Studios just to try it out. Yes, I know we could have walked and saved time, but we wanted to try it out.
My girls First time on Tower of Terror (I can't do it anymore do to motion sickness) my middle child liked it..... the other 2 not so much.
First time eating at Big River Grille at BWV... which lead to a 2nd time 2 days later. Food & Service were excellent, and the price isn't that bad.
We tried a few new restaurants but nothing that we plan to go back to.

Overall we had a great trip, beside the delayed flight down to begin with and not getting to bed till 2 am (my girls are age 5 to 12), so this was a new experience for them, and then getting woken up at 7am by not only the Bell Service but also a phone call about power washing at the resort. We made the most of it and just got going at 7am since this is our normal time during the week. We used Genie+ at Hollywood Studios and were able to get everything we wanted, girls even drove the Millennium Falcon better this time, so we were able to complete the mission.

We learned it just isn't worth it to go to Epcot on Friday or Saturday with kids.

We used Genie+ at MK and were able to get on everything we wanted and had only a few waits greater than 20 minutes.

We liked the layout of BWV a lot more than we thought we would especially around the former Clown Pool (Luna Pool), it was very relaxing, and the kids loved the CM games in the afternoon.

My youngest was a trooper without the stroller even though we almost averaged 9-10 miles a day in the parks and resorts. She really only started getting Hangry around lunch and dinner times which is normal, and only needed a meal to get her back to normal.

Last edited:
Glad you had a fantastic trip. I couldn’t agree more, the first trip without a stroller is so liberating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter