Trip Report from our 1st trip to DLP

Sam1982

Earning My Ears
So i have finally got round to doing a trip report so here goes, sorry its a bit long....

We (me,DH,DD aged 6 and DS aged 3) went on our 1st trip on the 9th - 12th June and stayed at The Cheyenne.

We arrived around lunchtime Thursday and once we had dropped our luggage off at the Express checkin it was straight through to the park, we were in the park within about 15 mins after arriving in Paris so I would recommend the Express everytime.

We headed staright for Sleeping Beauty's Castle of course, stopping in a shop to get our all important autograph books and getting my 1st opportunaity to use my Share Holders card and then to Frontierland where we walked straight onto the Molly Brown for a trip, DD and DS loved looking around the boat and spotting things like the old man in his little house. DD spotted Phantom Manor and to our surprise wanted to go on that next so that was where we headed, where we had our 1st run in with someone trying to queue jump, to which I was adament they were not getting in front of us!!

Unfortunately Woody's Roundup was closed which was a shame as both DD and DS love Toy Story (but there is my 1st excuse for another trip hehehe!)

We then headed for Pirates of the Caribbean and pretty much walked straight onto it. I was expecting massive queues but so far we hadn't encountered any more than about 15mins long.

Thursday night we had booked for Cafe Mickey and I am glad we did book before we left England because they were fully booked and apparently the last couple of weeks have been like that. The food wasn't great, me and DH had pizza and chips to share which came out to us warm rather than hot but still tasted good. The kids had decent size portions and it seemed to go down fine. The dessert buffet was good, doughnuts, yogurts, fruit salad, brownies, sweets plus more. I would say to anyone thinking of going there that you are not going for the food but the atmosphere and the characters which you could not fault, we had a lovely evening in there, we meet in all about 11 different characters and each were very good with the kids and spent lots of time with them dispite it being busy. The kids meals were 16 euros each and our pizza was 19.50 not sure how much the chips were but DH had a couple of beers and I had a soft drink in total it was about 63 euros and then we had our share holders discount to come off that.

I had booked our breakfasts for 7am in order for us to make the most of the magic hours in the park and I'm glad we did as by 7.15am it was packed! We made rolls up for lunch while there which everyone was doing and headed to the park arriving shortly after 8. We walked straight onto the Carousell, Dumbo and Tea Cups. We was 1st in the queue for Pinocchio's Fantastic Journey to go on when opened at 10am. We then waited about 10 mins for snow whites ride and the same again for its a small world.

We was finding we were being extremely lucky with queues as we seemed to be timing it just right before a big queue arrived.

We then went for Our 1st visit to Salon Mickey and wow what a place, we had 2 pastries each everyday and just to sit and relax was lovely. It does make you feel very VIP especially coming out of the exit door. We noticed people looking at us knocking on the door obviously wondering what we were up to.

By lunchtime friday we had done all the rides we were able to do within Disneyland Park. We were unable to do Orbitron as closed, Star Tours as DS was 1cm too short!, Space Mountain Mission 2 due to height, Big Thunder Mountain DD didn't want to go on it and DS again 1cm too short and Indiana Jones.

As we were ahead of our schedule (we had thought it would take us all day Friday to d the rest of the rides in Disneyland Park) we decided to head over to Walts Studios and see some of the shows. So we spent the rest of the afternoon ding that before heading back for the parade.

The kids really wanted t eat in Cafe Mickey again but unfortunately we were unable to get a table so we headed back to our hotel where we decided to eat at the Chuck Wagon Cafe, I know this had had mixed reviews but I would recommend going there, the variety of food was excellent and it was HOT. There was chicken, spare ribs, corn on the cob, jacket potatoes, some kind of beef stew dish, rice, new potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, fish, sausages, pork and much more. For the kids there was pasta, chicken nuggets, chips, sausages, pizza etc. To have a choice other than chips with something was great. Dessert consisted of about 12 different things, from fruit pies, fruit, jelly, doughnuts etc. The price was very reasonable I think about 25 euros with 1 soft drink for an adult and 11 euros approx again with a drink for a child.

On the Saturday we waited around the hotel to get photos with characters and then headed straight to Walt Studios. We were again 1 of the 1st in line for crushes coaster, DD came on it with me and lets just say it is alot quicker than I expected and DD did not enjoy it!! We finished off all the various different shows and rides we hadn't done today in Walt's. I would recommend the Tram Tour and the stunt show. We had a shorter day in the park as we had the Tea Party at Cowboy Cookout booked and the kids wanted to get changed. I would not book this again it cost £68 and there was hardly any food and about 10 mins of a band playing. The characters got taken in just as they got to us and then when they came out they went back to where they had come from! In the end we moved ourselves to an empty table where people had left in order for the kids to see them. This was probably my biggest disappointment of the trip other than coming home of course!

On our last day as we had pretty much done everything other than Peter Pan's ride, meet Rapunzel, Buzz and a princess outside it's a small world we had quite a relaxing day. We had The Steakhouse Sunday Brunch booked for lunchtime, again I would recommend this if you are there on a sunday, there was 2 meat joints they carve for you, various other delicious foods, seafood, oysters and again countless delicious desserts, oh and not forgetting the champagne, unlimited wine, soft drinks and characters. We went about 12 which is the best time to go before it gets really busy. It cost 33 euros per adult and 8.80 per child.

We really enjoyed our 4 days there and got everything done we wanted to with parades, rides and shows. The only things we didn't do was due to height restrictions as mentioned above or due to closure.

I am already saving for our next trip and can't wait to go again, everyday since we got home the kids have asked if we are going back yet. I think I will keep it secret again until the day we go like this time as the look on their faces was fantastic.

If anyone can tell me how to put photos on I will share some with you all if you'd like to see some.

:dance3::cheer2::goodvibes

thanks for your trip report - sounds like you had a fab time. I cant wait til we go in oct :)

i was wondering what characters you met for autographs as am hoping to make my own for DD before we go? do you know how much the disney ones cost?

thanks

Wow what a great trip. We kept our first trip a secret from the girls and it was great fun to see their faces:goodvibes

I remember our first trip. It was a surprise as well and I loved that. Sounds like a great time was had by all :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter