• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip Report - March 2024

We went to Magic Kingdom on this day too. We let the kids go to Tron since my husband doesn't like many fast rides anymore. I had already ridden it another day, so we went on Carousel of Progress and People Mover. We even ate at Casey's for the first time in over 20 years of going to Disney World. I don't really care for corn dogs, but I got a big hot dog and enjoyed it. I looked through our pictures for this day but didn't see you. We left after lunch to go home for a swim. We had a private pool at our house that was really warm so we did a lot of swimming with the grandkids.

We were at Epcot this morning and also surprised it was chilly early on! Looks like another fun day at MK and great meal at California Grill. The restaurant is a great spot to watch the MK fireworks.
We were at Epcot this morning and also surprised it was chilly early on! Looks like another fun day at MK and great meal at California Grill. The restaurant is a great spot to watch the MK fireworks.
Hi

Not sure how I did the double quote - LOL
It’s such a treat to be chilly at Disney.
We definitely had a great time on our trip.
Not fighting the crowds on Main Street to watch the fireworks was wonderful.

We went to Magic Kingdom on this day too. We let the kids go to Tron since my husband doesn't like many fast rides anymore. I had already ridden it another day, so we went on Carousel of Progress and People Mover. We even ate at Casey's for the first time in over 20 years of going to Disney World. I don't really care for corn dogs, but I got a big hot dog and enjoyed it. I looked through our pictures for this day but didn't see you. We left after lunch to go home for a swim. We had a private pool at our house that was really warm so we did a lot of swimming with the grandkids.
I am always looking for us in other people’s pictures if their trip was the same time.
Casey’s was very good; I’m glad we started to have lunch there since we both enjoyed it.
Sounds like you had a great time too :)

Monday 3/11/24
We went to the gym about 6:15. Our normal morning routine followed of laundry, jacuzzi, shower, and breakfast. We got Starbucks from the Marketplace at the resort today.

This morning started out chilly and we wore hoodies. We started the day at Hollywood Studios.
IMG_6731.jpeg
IMG_6729.jpeg

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railroad is always fun. I prefer when the seating is individual seats per person in a row rather than when it’s open and everyone shares one support bar. I don’t mind it on a ride like Big Thunder Mountain where it’s just 2 of us, but sometimes like today on Runaway Railroad our row was overfilled (in my opinion).

This picture made me laugh…the photographer told us to act cold so I expected Olaf. We’re joined by a character from Star Wars. Sometimes these photos that are sort of mistakes are adorable.

IMG_6687.jpeg

Star Tours was next and we always enjoy this.

It was time for my favorite ride at Hollywood Studios…Tower of Terror.
IMG_6712.jpeg
IMG_6711.jpeg

The park is crowded; I’m assuming Spring Break crowds are starting to arrive. While we’re using Genie+, I’m looking at what some of the standby waits are and it’s exceeding 2 hours for the popular attractions.

Monday 3/11/24 Continued
We left Hollywood Studios and took the Skyliner to Epcot.
IMG_6684.jpeg
IMG_6682.jpeg
IMG_6678.jpeg

We walked around World Showcase.

Scott wanted to try the Lobster Tail from the festival booth. He said it was better than he expected.
IMG_6591.jpeg

We also tried the avocado toast from the festival booth. This was good, but there was too much avocado; still good but we couldn’t finish it.
IMG_6594.jpeg

We walked over to Test Track thinking we would do the single rider line as we normally do for this attraction, but the single rider line would have taken 40 minutes so we skipped it.

It was time for us to ride Soarin. We always enjoy this. We were in our seats with our seatbelts on and they announced that our flight was cancelled and we had to leave. There was a cast member scanning your magic bands to give you a recovery pass. We asked if it would be good at Magic Kingdom since we were thinking of hopping over there. He said it’s fine to use at another park but we would need to stop at Guest Services so they can switch it.
IMG_6675.jpeg

Today was our day to get the funny magic shots missing (or incorrect) magic. We’re looking at Scott’s finger but nobody is there LOL. I am pretty sure if I called the Photopass number (or maybe if I stopped in the photo area in the park when we were there) they could fix it; I kind of think it’s cute like this.
IMG_6669.jpeg

Monday 3/11/24 Continued
We left Epcot, took the monorail to the TTC, then switched to the other monorail to Magic Kingdom.
IMG_6667.jpeg

We stopped at City Hall to change the recovery pass from Epcot to Magic Kingdom. I explained what ride we were on, what happened, and that we asked the cast member who gave us the recovery pass if we could use it at Magic Kingdom and he said it’s OK but to stop at Guest Services. The cast member at Magic Kingdom had a bit of a power trip saying they don’t normally do that but will make an exception since we were nice when we asked about it. We’re nice in general, but I thought his attitude was very odd. The cast member at Epcot said it’s fine, but the cast member at Magic Kingdom is making it sound like he’s doing us a huge favor. Either it’s OK to do or it’s not; I didn’t appreciate that he made us feel like he’s doing something he shouldn’t as a favor. He also said it’s not for any of the fancy rides.
IMG_6641.jpeg

We went to Buzz Lightyear. This was fun. Scott looks like he’s concentrating on hitting the targets.
IMG_6648.jpeg

We rode Ariel’s under the Sea adventure; a nice peaceful ride.

We walked around a bit browsing some shops but Magic Kingdom was also very crowded.

We stopped at the Confectionary where you can make your own popcorn. There was so much to choose from; either pre-selected types or just choose your own. We chose our own. It came out really good.
IMG_6605.jpeg

We took a Disney bus from Magic Kingdom back to Hollywood Studios (where we were parked). While we enjoyed getting from park to park using Disney’s transportation today; we still prefer having our own car to get from place to place.

Monday 3/11/24 Continued
We drove to Disney Springs.

At Ron Jon’s we picked out a new hoodie for Scott; it was the same one we got him last trip that he loved but he got an ink stain on it.

We wandered around and did some more shopping and just walking.

We went to Raglan Road when it was time for our reservation.
IMG_6608.jpeg

Scott had a double Makers Bourbon with a big ice cube. I had a Strawberry Cucumber Mojito.
IMG_6627.jpeg

The performers would come out and do different sets throughout the evening. It’s a very lively and fun atmosphere.

The bread was tasty and not dry like Irish Soda bread sometimes is.
IMG_6629.jpeg

For an appetizer we ordered the scallop forest; the presentation is adorable.
IMG_6631.jpeg

We had the Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do; Scott liked this more than I did
IMG_6633.jpeg

We also had the OMG Burger. We both enjoyed this.
IMG_6635.jpeg

For dessert we had Ger’s Bread & Butter Pudding. This was not our favorite bread pudding; it was too bready.
IMG_6639.jpeg

We walked around some more before heading back to the resort.

Loving all the food pictures. I loved the vegan slawdawg at Casey’s corner but they changed it now to a Chicago style which isn’t appealing. In guess it will be a regular footing the next time we visit.

This morning started out chilly and we wore hoodies. We started the day at Hollywood Studios.
We were also at Hollywood Studios the same day as you on 3/11!
The park is crowded; I’m assuming Spring Break crowds are starting to arrive. While we’re using Genie+, I’m looking at what some of the standby waits are and it’s exceeding 2 hours for the popular attractions
It was so crowded that day! We did not have Genie+ and were really limited in what we could do without it. Mostly shows. It’s great you were able to park hop!
I loved the vegan slawdawg at Casey’s corner but they changed it now to a Chicago style which isn’t appealing.
I still dream about that vegan slaw dog at Casey’s! I wish they would bring it back.

Following! (I will now be packing Ziploc bags into my park bag for my upcoming trip so thank you) Also before baby #2 I used to really like to go to the gym and this has made me decide to find a way to work it back into my life so again thank you

Loving all the food pictures. I loved the vegan slawdawg at Casey’s corner but they changed it now to a Chicago style which isn’t appealing. In guess it will be a regular footing the next time we visit.
Thank you. I never tried the vegan slawdog before; if Chicago style means one of those buns with poppyseeds I won’t since that’s another food quirk of mine (those seeds that get stuck in your teeth). The regular hot dog and the corn dog nuggets were good.

We were also at Hollywood Studios the same day as you on 3/11!

It was so crowded that day! We did not have Genie+ and were really limited in what we could do without it. Mostly shows. It’s great you were able to park hop!

I still dream about that vegan slaw dog at Casey’s! I wish they would bring it back.
The crowds definitely make it more challenging. Even with Genie+ it was still not as easy as it is with lower crowds.

Following! (I will now be packing Ziploc bags into my park bag for my upcoming trip so thank you) Also before baby #2 I used to really like to go to the gym and this has made me decide to find a way to work it back into my life so again thank you
Ziplocs have definitely come in handy. Once we started going to the gym it became a habit and something we enjoy/look forward to. You have to find something that you’ll enjoy so it’s not a chore or you won’t stick with it.

Tuesday 3/12/24
We went to the gym about 6:15. Our normal morning routine of laundry, jacuzzi, showers, and breakfast followed.

We drove to Animal Kingdom
IMG_6936.jpeg
IMG_6933.jpeg
IMG_6926.jpeg

As we were walking we saw Devine so stopped to watch for a bit.

IMG_6747.jpeg

I had Scott turn around just at the right time to grab this picture.
IMG_6759.jpeg

We went into Bug’s Life. It’s cute but corny. We really like these little world pictures that were at the exit to the attraction. The photographer had us hold hands and look at each other rather than the normal poses; I think it came out great.

IMG_6925.jpeg

Then he had us pose looking at the camera; surprisingly there wasn’t a line of people looking to take this picture so he took his time with us.
IMG_6924.jpeg

We wandered through several shops, always on the lookout for some more shirts. Or maybe some other items but we seem to buy mostly shirts.

IMG_6904.jpeg

IMG_6905.jpeg

Last edited:
Tuesday 3/12/24 Continued
We headed to the safari.
IMG_6918.jpeg

We had another great safari; we didn’t see the lion this time but got great views of the baby elephant. How cute is this?
IMG_6763.jpeg
IMG_6764.jpeg
IMG_6768.jpeg

We rode Dinosaur which we always enjoy. We’ll definitely miss this attraction when it goes, but I’m expecting it will still be the same ride vehicle but overlaid with a new theme.
IMG_6903.jpeg
IMG_6783.jpeg

We played a few of the carnival games. Scott won a medium sized dinosaur and I won a small one.

After walking around a bit more we decided to head out of the park. I thought this was an artistic picture I took of Scott looking at the tree as we’re leaving the park.

IMG_6784.jpeg

We went back to the resort and went to the pool. We swam, went on the water slide, and just enjoyed hanging out by the pool for a little bit.

We showered and changed for the evening. We had early dinner reservations with plans to head to Magic Kingdom after dinner.

We drove to the Grand Floridian for our dinner reservation at Narcoossee’s. We were promptly seated and had the same waiter as our last visit.
IMG_6788.jpeg
IMG_6790.jpeg

Scott ordered Tanquerey with a splash of St Germain. They didn’t have St Germain, but the waiter recommended Rockleigh (sp?) and said it’s similar. Scott went with his recommendation. I had the Key Lime Pie Martini which was good but not as good as the one I had at Crews Cup Lounge (next to Yachtsman’s Steakhouse).
IMG_6806.jpeg

The bread is tasty.
IMG_6809.jpeg

We had the fried calamari appetizer. This was good and I liked the presentation with the sauce on the side so I can dip; and the pickled vegetables on the side that I can avoid.
IMG_6811.jpeg

I ordered the Blackened Redfish. I liked this so much our last visit I knew I wanted to have this again.
IMG_6823.jpeg

Scott ordered the Scallops with Parisian Gnocchi. We’ve had this on prior trips and knew it was really good.
IMG_6816.jpeg

For dessert we had the Almond Crusted Cheesecake. This is so good. I know it’s a bit of a stretch but doesn’t it look a bit like Cinderella’s carriage? Think of the white meringue balls near the bottom as wheels and the round cheesecake as the carriage itself.
IMG_6831.jpeg

We went to Magic Kingdom.
IMG_6902.jpeg
IMG_6892.jpeg
IMG_6882.jpeg

We watched Hall of President’s since it was just about to start as we walked by.

Haunted Mansion is always fun. Our ride photos didn’t appear right away in the app.
IMG_6875.jpeg
IMG_6941.jpeg

Peter Pan is such a sweet and nostalgic ride.

I’m pretty sure we watched Philharmagic after Peter Pan.

We rode Jungle Cruise and had a very funny skipper who made the trip extra fun

The park has such a different vibe lit up at night.
IMG_6874.jpeg
IMG_6866.jpeg

IMG_6864.jpeg

We stopped at the photo center to see if they can find our Haunted Mansion ride photos since they haven’t shown up in the app yet; but we had ride photos of other people. They weren’t able to find it and said to give it another day or so then if it still doesn’t appear to call. It never appeared. I called since we’ve been home and they can’t find them; the last person said there may have been a camera error.

We left the park and headed back to the resort.

We went to Magic Kingdom.
This was the 3rd day in a row we were at the same park on the same day!

It looks like you had another great day park hopping. That baby elephant is so cute, I'm sad we didn't see it while we were there!

We stopped at the photo center to see if they can find our Haunted Mansion ride photos since they haven’t shown up in the app yet; but we had ride photos of other people. They weren’t able to find it and said to give it another day or so then if it still doesn’t appear to call. It never appeared. I called since we’ve been home and they can’t find them; the last person said there may have been a camera error.
I also ended our MK day this day at the photo center! I was there right before the park closed. We only got 2 of our 3 Haunted Mansion photos and were never able to recover the last one either. It did sound like they were having an issue with one of the cameras that day. Same for Pirates that date.

Ok...enquiring minds have to ask...do you do laundry every day??? It seems to be a regular part of your morning routine but ?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter