• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip Report: SSR 5/22 - 5/26

Cinderelli

DIS Veteran
We just returned home (went to the beach with our DKs for a week afterwards) from SSR (5/22 – 5/26). It was a trip for our 15th Wedding Anniversary. We went with another couple, who had their own studio. We arrived around noon, and our room (in the new area) wasn't ready. When I asked if our requests had been met (DTD view, non-smoking), the CM said "no", but let me look. He then put us in Congress Park, Room 2723. Said to call back to get room number. We toured the grounds, changed, and hit the pool. Pool was great. Not crowded at all. I think all ages would love it (we did). Had one of the flatbreads at Artist’s Palette. It was great.

Our room was ready at 1:30. Great view of DTD. However, having said that, I think in the future we will take whatever room is assigned us (I keep saying that, but never seem to do it – downside of reading these boards, me thinks!). I think 2723 has a great view but has probably been used quite a bit (mattress a bit lopsided). Absolutely nothing that would dampen our trip, but I do think a “brand new room” would have been nice.

Highlights of our stay at SSR were the Spa and the Gym. My DH and I worked out every morning at the gym. It is state-of-the-art (in fact, I was afraid of most of the equipment). I did one of the many treadmills for about 30 mins each day and then worked out on the mats and with free weights. They even supply balls, mats, etc. It was such a beautiful, short walk over to the gym from our building in Congress Park. We passed many a bunny as we strolled to/from gym. We also got to see 2 professional footballs players working out there (Thomas Jones and ? Baskerville?).

My spa treatments were fabulous. I had the Mystical Therapies Massage. (Thanks, Aimee!). The wonderful person who did my massage is a Dis’er herself and had answered one of my posts before with spa questions. Now how awesome is that. The spa pedicure was also just as fabulous. I forgot to buy some of that Maple Sugar Scrub, it smelled so good……..yum. And, my toenails still look fab (even after a week at the beach)!!!

The quiet pool was lovely. The view of DTD across the water while laying in the sun was pretty cool. I think the units that surround the quiet pool would be a great location. Ours was just one building over (not a far walk at all).

Bottom line, we loved SSR and will never hesitate to stay there. Our home is OKW. We’ve stayed everywhere except BCV (maybe next time). Each resort is special, and SSR is no exception.

We have to wait quite awhile before going home now. We’re cruising next year and don’t plan to return to WDW until probably 2008. What??????? No way, I think we’ll have to look for a “package” and slum it back in one of the hotel resorts before then, tee hee!

Thanks for listening!

Lissa

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!! Glad you had a good time!!! Can't wait to go in a few weeks.

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison
Long Live Captain Jack Sparrow & Will Turner!

Cinderelli My spa treatments were fabulous. I had the Mystical Therapies Massage. (Thanks said:
You're welcome! It was great meeting you, and I hope you make it back before 2008!

Thanks for the great report! I am glad you had a great time!

Thanks for taking the time to post a great trip report. I guess you could report that lopsided mattress too :confused3

Happy Anniversary :goodvibes

Aimee - it was a pleasure meeting you, too. Good Luck with middle school this year. I'll be thinking of you in August! I certainly hope it's not 2008 before we get back, too, but you never know. Guess I'll have to get a part-time job afterall, tee hee! In the meantime, enjoy your job. You have an awesome place to work.

WithDisneySpirit - the mattress didn't seem as lopsided when we left as when we arrived. Must have been because of our first trip away from the kids in a long time, 15th anniversary, etc. IYKWIM - oh, no - let's not start that thread again (although I did find it pretty funny).

Happy Vacations Everyone!

Lissa

we were there on those exact dates. i can't remember our room number for the life of me though :).

we also saw bunnies from our balcony in congress park.

we are BWV owners and wouldn't hestitate to stay at SSR again. it was lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter