Trip Report w/GAC (2nd Attempt)

cymomtx

Mouseketeer
Just returned from WDW, November 18 - Nov 24, DH, DD 10, DS 15 (AU), DD 9 (AU), and myself. Had no trouble getting our GAC at MGM, showed the CM the GAC I had from DL this summer, no questions asked. Went to all four parks, MK and Epcot twice. Rode all the rides with no questions asked or problems when presenting our GAC. The most we waited in any line was 10 minutes. The research I had done for our trip said the parks would get crowded the day before Thanksgiving and they sure did, I'm so glad we were leaving the next day and had really done all the parks already.

I am happy that you had no problems and hope you had a great time! Take care!
(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
JenJen

WOW we were there some of the same days (16th-22) I wish I knew of others that would be there before we went, I'm glad you had such a great time too, Lyn

Glad to hear your trip went well.

Just wanted to ask about getting a new GAC:
Is it as simple as giving the guest services CM your previous GAC and they give you a new one without asking you to re-tell why you need one in the first place???

Thank you
Suzy

That is all I did, I presented my GAC from DL and they issued my new one for WDW, no questions asked.

Last time we went to WDW I showed a cast member at guest relations my old GAC and he replaced it without a problem. He only asked me why my child required a GAC before. I told him my son was autistic and he went and typed me a new one. It was a short time after they made some changes to the GAC's. I think he was just asking to make sure my son still qualified under the new rules.

We've brought our old GAC and showed it to the CMs in Guest Services. The CM asked if DD's needs were still the same.

When we went in Sept 2005, I said "I need to get another GAC" as I was pulling my old one out - the CM didn't even wait for me to get the old one or ask what the specific needs were. Very strange I thought, and surely not the norm. (My son has Down's). However, I still had to have him change it due to DS also has hearing issues. And as it turned out I only used in once the whole trip!

LisaB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter