tripadviser.com has bad reviews RPR, please reassure.

ladbrandy

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I usually stay at the Swan or other deluxe disney hotels. I read reports of ferocious dogs and bad service, being charged for minibar that was never used, loudness, small or dirty room etc.
I am wondering if I will regret leaving the Swan to come for 2 nights? This will be 1st trip to Univ. and I am traveling with 2,4,4 yr olds.
On the other hand the price is much better than PBH and the tropical setting looks great.
How does it compare to Poly feeling or size of rooms at Coronado springs?

Thank-you,
Karen

I have a feeling that someone slammed RPR on tripadvisor. We had a wonderful stay there last April. There was my family of 6 plus my sister and BIL in two connecting rooms. The resort is beautiful and very well kept. I sawa dog or two, but never heard a peep from any dogs. I suppose that could happen, but people with barking dogs (like me...) wouldn't tend to bring them on vacation or would kennel them during the day when they are in the parks.

I have stayed at Coronado Springs before, but don't recall the square footage of the rooms compared to RPR. We had my sister and BIL with two of my boys in one room and I was in the other room with my husband, teenage daughter, and then 3yo son. We had plenty of space and were comfortable in the room, especially considering that we spent most of our time in the parks. We did return to the room most afternoons for a break.

The service was good (much better than the mousekeeping at Pop Century that I had last month) with turn down service, etc. I've stayed at the Poly, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Swan, Coronado Springs and Pop Century. RPR was obviously newer than the Poly. The theming may be similar, but the resort has a different feel. I like both places. The Poly rooms are bigger, but it costs a lot more. Hard to compare, but I like them both.

We're staying at Hard Rock Hotel next week. Mainly to be very close to the parks--I have two teenagers who will be free to go to the parks without us if they want and I wanted to be as close as possible.

Don't worry about one bad review. I've read bad reviews about all of the hotels that I mentioned. Different strokes for different folks! And I really think that someone was trying to be nasty with teh tripadvisor review.

T&B

The room size is smaller than the poly but the rooms are beautiful. They are about the same size as WL or AKL.

We love the RPR and are going back in May for 5 nights.

RPR is a wonderful hotel. You will not be disappointed. We will be returning in May for our 4th stay there. I have never experienced any problems. I have found all the employees I have encountered from bellhops to front desk to room service to housekeeping very friendly and helpful. All areas of the hotel have been clean and well kept. Some people complain about the size of the rooms, but we have had 5 in one room and did not feel cramped. The rooms are beautifully decorated as is the lobby and other hotel areas. The pool is very large with lots of chairs surrounding. The pool area is very relaxing and you will have a feeling like you are really away from it all while there. We love the tropical feeling there. We have not eaten in the restaurants so I can't comment about that, but I have ordered room service and received exceptional service.

I believe I also read the same trip advisor report. To be honest, I didn't think the writer was talking about the same hotel I had just stayed in! We saw a couple of dogs there last July....nothing along the "vicious" line at all! The room itself was fine for me, husband, and 14 & 17 yr old sons. Maybe the hallways could be done in a brighter color, but overall RPR was top notch. The grounds around the hotel, including the pool area, are very tropical and gorgeous. We liked it so much that we're going again this July for 10 nights instead of 7...and it was my 17 yr old who asked if we could go back there again this year! I don't think you'll be sorry in the least. Keep in mind that some people will complain about anything! Have fun and don't worry!

We've stayed at RPR twice, mostly recently in February. We really love this resort. The rooms are not as big as HRH or PB, but it is a lovely place to stay. The employees are very friendly and helpful. We love the tropical theme. The pool area is beautiful. There are very nice places to eat (including Tchoup Chop which is not to be missed). It is a nice walk to Citywalk. I have stayed at moderates and deluxes at WDW. This hotel is comparable to a deluxe. Do not worry. We never had a problems with dogs. You see a dog occasionally - not a big deal - they are on a leash.

You will have big fun at RPR!

I wouldn't let a few bad reviews bother me. Keep in mind that all of the Disney hotels and even the Swan get bad reviews. I would go and enjoy!

my family and I absolutely love RPR. you will not be disappointed. don't let a few bad reviews concern you.

Mandamom

RPR is wonderful..we have stayed twice now..most recently earlier this month.

Never a dirty room, exceptional ammenities. Never a problem with the mini bar.

Go and enjoy!

I thought the Royal Pacific was very nice. Compared to the Disney resorts, all three at Universal are superior in bed/comfort quality, etc... This is a deluxe hotel - make no mistake about that. If you get a room that you feel isn't up to par - call back down to the front desk immediately and ask to be changed. There are two reviews (and pictures) on the Hotels: reviews page at www.orlandotripplanner.com - you might find these helpful. If memory serves, one person thought it was great and one person had some complaints. Regardless, I still stand by my thoughts - the RP is top of the line- don't let anyone make you think otherwise!

Thank-you everyone! I feel good about staying there now. I will be trying it this October! So far the best rate is AP for 146, but I'll keep checking.

Karen

You will LOVE the RPR, we stayed there last Aug. and it is so beautiful. We were treated like Royalty, they were so nice, and so willing to honor each and every request, my boys were treated like kings. The hotel is amazingly beautiful, and the rooms, while not as big as the other 2 onsite hotels, I found to be adequate for us......... we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. The restaurants are super, we loved Jakes!!! (get the ribs!!) The pool was fantastic, there is a zero entry area for the little one's that you will very quickly come to LOVE!!!! My son was 3 when we went and it was perfect!!! We will not stay anywhere else when we go back!! And the dog issue....... we did NOT see one dog, nor did we hear any dogs................ The entire hotel was spotless, and very "tropical". We felt like we were in "fiji". You will not be disappointed, it is a very lovely place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter