Trista & Jeff- 10/30/11 - WP/Attic/UK DP - .: On the way to our planning Session!:.

Your dress is stunning and IMO much nicer and more flattering than the other two. Things didn't go well at the other salon for a reason!:cool1:

Your dress is so beautiful!! And at a great price! I'm glad you finally got some good treatment, after the awful way that the first store treated you.

Trista,

Just got caught up on your PJ. Everything looks wonderful. Congratulations!

I especially love the Mickey story. That is great. :love:

I saw that you are in Phoenix, my Dad lives in Gold Canyon. We were out there in March and loved it. We stayed up in Desert Ridge and really liked the area.

Can't wait to hear more of your plans.

Beth

I'm so subscribing to your planning journal I love all your details so fair thank you for sharing so much I was truely absorbed from the very first post.

Congratulations on finding your perfect dress and at such a steal too it's like it was waiting for you..all part of the fairytale

I love love LOVE your dress (although I might be biased because it's similar to mine)! and at such a great price!

Gorgeous dress!! I love it! And I also love the converse! I'm wearing them as well! I found some that were already all shiny!

Just discovered your PJ!!!!! Love everything so far!! So happy you found your dress and what a bargain!!!! :goodvibes

Good luck with all your wedding plans and can't wait to keep following along! popcorn::

I love your writing style btw.... haha :thumbsup2

Can't believe I haven't seen your PJ before - but now I have :lmao: and :sad1: and :cheer2: while catching up -

Love your story, love your ideas and the gown you got is magnificent (both in style and $$)....

Am definitely hooked.....:woohoo:

Gorgeous dress and how great to get 50% off. Give yourself a big smug pat on the back girly!

Congrats on getting your dress and sorry you had to deal with cranky salespeople! I've actually heard that from a few people about Demetrios! I LOVE Maggie dresses. They're stunning!! =] Can't wait to see your shoes!

K I just about died when I read the words "Silver crotch funk" lmao!!!

The dress you ended up buying is stunning! Funny how fate works eh? It just sucks that you had to go through all that to get to it. Ah well....at least you got some Margs right? Best drink EVAH!!!

Congrats on getting your dress, it's gorgeous!!!

Thank you!

First off, I am SO sorry about that first store's treatment of you--- that is SUCH BS!!!!!!! But, secondly, that dress is GORGEOUS (and omg just $500?!?!?!) Congratulations!

I am still angry at the store - They had the nerve to call me the other day to ask if I was coming in for the dress. Unfortunately I was at work and unable to answer. One of these days I am going to call them back! And thank you - I still can't get over the price tag myself! I need to spread the word to Arizona brides that live in the Phoenix area!

Psst! Phoenix brides that want the store's name, just let me know. I'll happily share! Be sure to ask for the amazing Marina!!!

LOVE your dress!! It's absolutely gorgeous! And (speaking as a former bridal consultant and wedding dress fan, LOL) I think the french bustle will be absolutely *perfect* for that dress. Congratulations on finding something that you love (and that isn't from the horrible Demetrios salon!). :thumbsup2

Pixie! Thank you for the kind words and advice!

Just joining in!
I got intrigued by the title- (love looking at dreses) & although I haven't read through just yet... I HAD to post. LOVE your dress, it is gorgeous, looks wonderful on you & what a bargain! Congratulations, you definitely look like a million bucks in it! :thumbsup2

Will be following along. :)

A great big welcome to you, and a heartfelt thank you for the kind words and for reading my ramblings!

Your dress is stunning and IMO much nicer and more flattering than the other two. Things didn't go well at the other salon for a reason!:cool1:
Kharmagirl, that is what I keep telling myself. Everything happens for a reason. Boy am I glad it did!

Your dress is so beautiful!! And at a great price! I'm glad you finally got some good treatment, after the awful way that the first store treated you.

Thanks, Librarygeek. I can't stand places that don't give basic customer service. Since I dish it out daily in my position, I was shocked that people actually treat guests that way. How do they stay in business?

Trista,

Just got caught up on your PJ. Everything looks wonderful. Congratulations!

I especially love the Mickey story. That is great. :love:

I saw that you are in Phoenix, my Dad lives in Gold Canyon. We were out there in March and loved it. We stayed up in Desert Ridge and really liked the area.

Can't wait to hear more of your plans.

Beth :lovestruc. Thank you! March is the perfect time to visit the Valley - today it was 108. The great thing about the summer is that when it hits the high 80's at night it feels WONDERFUL to sit outside on the patio and enjoy how "cool" it is. We Arizonians are a different breed, that's for sure. Just don't stick us in humidity... we melt ;) We need the dry heat!

I'm so subscribing to your planning journal I love all your details so fair thank you for sharing so much I was truely absorbed from the very first post.

Congratulations on finding your perfect dress and at such a steal too it's like it was waiting for you..all part of the fairytale

Allyourwishes - Thank you for the sub! I hope my babbling will continue to amuse! As we are nearly our planning session and trip to Florida I know some shenanigans are right around the corner! I also love how you think! You are so right! It is all part of my fairytale!

I love love LOVE your dress (although I might be biased because it's similar to mine)! and at such a great price!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Andrea! I had to go over and sneak a peek at your dress. I love it!! You are right, very similar! You have great taste! I'll be back to catch up on your PJ for sure, I just had to look up the dress once you brought it up!

Gorgeous dress!! I love it! And I also love the converse! I'm wearing them as well! I found some that were already all shiny!

KristiLyn, we're going to have to compare! I bought a white pair from a shop online about a month ago, but the issue is my dress is ivory. White would make my dress look dingy. I searched everywhere for ivory ones already sparkled but could not find any. So far I have finished one of my shoes myself and will be posting pics soon! I'd love to see the ones you found. Who knows, we might have ordered the same white ones. :rotfl:

Just discovered your PJ!!!!! Love everything so far!! So happy you found your dress and what a bargain!!!! :goodvibes

Good luck with all your wedding plans and can't wait to keep following along! popcorn::

I love your writing style btw.... haha :thumbsup2

Welcome aboard the crazy train! Thanks for the compliment. I was very nervous to post my PJ, and doubly nervous that the way I think/talk would not translate well into typing. It means a lot to know you are enjoying it. Thank you so much!

Can't believe I haven't seen your PJ before - but now I have :lmao: and :sad1: and :cheer2: while catching up -

Love your story, love your ideas and the gown you got is magnificent (both in style and $$)....

Am definitely hooked.....:woohoo:

Thank you, Wiserabbit! I am so glad you joined in! I look forward to chatting with you!

Gorgeous dress and how great to get 50% off. Give yourself a big smug pat on the back girly!

Aw, thanks brer! Do you think it would be out of place to make an unlady like hand gesture towards the other bridal salon? Then I would really feel like giving myself a pat on the back. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Congrats on getting your dress and sorry you had to deal with cranky salespeople! I've actually heard that from a few people about Demetrios! I LOVE Maggie dresses. They're stunning!! =] Can't wait to see your shoes!

Perhaps we ladies need to spread the word to other DISbrides about Demetrious. I never want anyone else to deal with the tears and the heartache that I did. I also have to say, that I have become a huge fan of Maggie dresses myself, and not just because I'm going to wear one. They really are magical!

K I just about died when I read the words "Silver crotch funk" lmao!!!

The dress you ended up buying is stunning! Funny how fate works eh? It just sucks that you had to go through all that to get to it. Ah well....at least you got some Margs right? Best drink EVAH!!!

NicknNancy - I think we should shorten it to S.C.F. Maybe I would not have noticed it if it had not been for the tequila! Margaritas do fix everything on a hot arizona afternoon! Hahaha!

My Journal shall be S.C.F free from now on! :lmao:

KristiLyn, we're going to have to compare! I bought a white pair from a shop online about a month ago, but the issue is my dress is ivory. White would make my dress look dingy. I searched everywhere for ivory ones already sparkled but could not find any. So far I have finished one of my shoes myself and will be posting pics soon! I'd love to see the ones you found. Who knows, we might have ordered the same white ones. :rotfl:

Check out my pj, page 2! Mine aren't white though...they are more of a silverish (yep, sometimes I make up words) color and very sparkly!!!!! I love them soooo much! It's the one thing I haven't changed my mind on 50 times. Wellll.....I guess there's still 3 months to change it... :rotfl2:

Tuxes and Tiara's!
Advice needed and Vote for my Tiara!

I'm sorry for being gone so long - I have to cram 1 month of work into 2 weeks, and that's been taking up the majority of my time. On top of that, we've been trying to get as much as possible finished before we leave Sunday the 26th for our planning session. I'm so excited! I can hardly stop bouncing off the walls when I think how close it is to actually being in Florida! My DF and I have not been on vacation since October, 2010 when he proposed to me. It's about time we hightailed it somewhere for a little us time. :love:

Since my last update the 1st bridesmaid dress is being made - I picked the lime green as the prototype to make sure we liked it before we made 5 more bridesmaid and 2 Jr. bridesmaid dresses off the same pattern. The last thing I want is for it to look awful and be stuck with something I'm not happy with them in.

My groom has picked his tux as well as picked them for the groomsmen and ushers! We went with Mens Warehouse as they will deliver to our hotel! That takes a load off my shoulders knowing they will pick up the tuxes when we are done as well. Does anyone have any advice about dealing with the Disney delivery service for MW? Good, bad, ugly?
("Put your drawers on, and take your gun off. ~Blondie)
Sorry, could not resist a quote there ;)
We went with the Calvin Klein tux , peak lapel-

Groom:
Take out the ribbed shirt for the regular collar micro fiber shirt - white vest, white tie.
ADVICE TIME! I'm a little concerned about him being in white. My dress is ivory, and when you put a white item next to it my dress looks dirty :( Has anyone else had their groom in white and worn Ivory? Does it look okay in photos?

Groomsmen/ushers:
Take out the ribbed shirt for the regular collar micro fiber shirt, with a black vest. We're going to be making a matching tie and pocket square with the same fabric as the bridesmaids dresses to match.

Oh, and SHHHH! I bought a present for my DF to wear on our wedding day.
I bought him these for his wedding jewelry - Silver Mickey Cufflinks <3

And now, the moment you all have been waiting for.
Me.
In a tiara.
In my pajamas.
Taking unflattering shots in my bathroom mirror to show you what they look like!

YAY!

:rotfl2:

Yes, I am wearing a man's tank top.
It may or may not have Taz the Tasmanian devil on it.

Don't judge.

Before I subject you to that image, let me show you how beautiful they were that I had to order both. I decided a girl could never have enough tiaras (fact #1 I owned 0 tiara's before ordering!) I decided when they came I would know instantly what one to wear. To date my Mum says a different one than I do, I have one sister siding with me, and another sister siding with my Mum. The vote per tiara is sitting firmly at 2:2. I refuse to show my DF for a tie breaker, so what better way than to ask you lovely lot on the Disboards to help me decide!

Please note that I still have these lovely ladies in their plastic wrap to help keep them protected until the wedding. When I have my first hair trial, I'll unwrap her. (Yes, they are both her's! I think they need names!)

Contestant #1, come on down! - 2nd shot in plastic wrap-

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/848/img1121a.jpg/
img1121a.th.jpg
[/URL]

And let's meet Contestant #2! - 2nd shot in her plastic

Now onto the terrible lighting, me in my jammyjam, bathroom shots!
Both of these are larger tiara's, and my hair will of course be done all purdy and not my horrible rendition of an updo. Needless to say I do not have a future as a hairdresser!

Modeling #1

Modeling #2

For those of you wondering - that is a gelaskin wrap on my Iphone. It says Keep Calm and Carry on.
For those wondering what on earth I am doing with my fingers - That is the "please-Iphone_don't-fall-in-the-sink-and-please-don't-take-a-fuzzy-photo" kung fu phone grip.
No iphones were harmed in the taking of these photos.

I will try and take better photos when I don't have to sulk in the bathroom to avoid the DF seeing me - I also had to post this quickly as he kept trying to come in the office to sneak a peek. He's so naughty!

I'd love to hear your thoughts! What tiara should I choose?

Check out my pj, page 2! Mine aren't white though...they are more of a silverish (yep, sometimes I make up words) color and very sparkly!!!!! I love them soooo much! It's the one thing I haven't changed my mind on 50 times. Wellll.....I guess there's still 3 months to change it... :rotfl2:

love, love, love your shoes! *goes back to stalk your PJ*

My honeymoon converse are

They will go with my white retro dress.
I also had a hat hand made, and will be posting that in it's own update soon!

Blingy converse for the win! (see I make up words too! Blamazing, as my DF would say) I think he mashed bling and amazing. Hah!

My vote is totally for the second one. I love it! :lovestruc

As far as what you said about humidity you are totally correct my family is from Indiana, and whenever I go and visit it makes me want to die! I need my dry heat to survive! 104 I can take it. 90 with humidity No thanks!

I think number 1 makes you look like a queen and number 2 makes you look like a princess, so I guess it all depends on how royal you want to feel. :rotfl2:

OK so I just went back and read everything and I love allt he bright colors and the bridesamdi dresses and your dress... and just everything. It's so fun... too bad it's too late for me to change everything.:rotfl2:

AND I love how you narrate. It's ammusing and makes me want to read more... and so I shall. :)

I think they are both lovely! Just looking at the pictures (not with you wearing them), I liked the second one better. But in the pics where you're wearing them, I really like how the first one looks on you!

But I do think that if you prefer one over the other you should go with that, regardless of what your mom says ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter