Trouble with standard rooms at delux resorts

Eleanor Richman

Earning My Ears
So been trying to get the room at BC in Feb next year (honeymoon). I literally logged on multiple times over the last few days and there are no standard rooms at all for any deluxe hotels bar AKL - just club level and suites. it doesn't say that the standard rooms are exempt from the dining package but getting worried now. We held out for the free dining.

I cannot believe that every standard room at the BC, YC, BI, GF and contemporary are sold out for feb when things are relatively quiet.

Any idea what's going on?

We have a standard Beach club room booked with free dining but that's for September. Ironically I'm on hold currently as I'd actually like to upgrade it! I have noticed a real lack of rooms at deluxe resorts have been released this year though - less than I've ever seen.

There seems to be barely any availability for any deluxe resorts ! I booked AKL for November/December next year and there was only AKL, GF and BC available.

There seems to be barely any availability for any deluxe resorts ! I booked AKL for November/December next year and there was only AKL, GF and BC available.
Just managed to get through to Disney on the phone to be told there are no garden view rooms available at Beach Club (I wanted to change from standard) so they really have opened up limited rooms.I was told to just keep checking over the next couple of months.

@Eleanor Richman I would book AKL and then just keep checking - I suspect more rooms will be opened up once they release them for booking in the USA. Once they open up call to change - as long as you are increasing the price there is no amendment fee and you hold the free dining offer however many changes you make to location.

Just managed to get through to Disney on the phone to be told there are no garden view rooms available at Beach Club (I wanted to change from standard) so they really have opened up limited rooms.I was told to just keep checking over the next couple of months.

@Eleanor Richman I would book AKL and then just keep checking - I suspect more rooms will be opened up once they release them for booking in the USA. Once they open up call to change - as long as you are increasing the price there is no amendment fee and you hold the free dining offer however many changes you make to location.
ok thank you so much for your help

For the dates we wanted - booked through Ocean Florida who confirmed that they have booked today.

The only rooms available were: AKL, Beach Club Standard or Grand Floridian.

Why on earth do they make things like this such a mess. Surely it cannot be that difficult to know what you want to be available and have it all there on release.

The resorts with conference centres will keep rooms and release them later if they haven't been used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter