Trusts and DVC

TinyTGO

Mouseketeer
Has anyone moved their DVC ownership interest(s) into a trust? Is it difficult? What are the benefits/drawbacks? Estimate of costs associated with re-titling? Any other relevant information?

This is the kind of question you really need a lawyer for. But yes, plenty of us have DVC in trusts.

I find it better to have some background information from experienced people before walking into a lawyer's office, or any professional office, with some knowledge of the reason you are there.

I find it better to have some background information from experienced people before walking into a lawyer's office, or any professional office, with some knowledge of the reason you are there.

There are situations where trusts aren't appropriate at all, even ignoring DVC. We have no idea what your financial situation is or where you live, as trusts are local. So, sure, maybe we are experienced, but that may or may not matter to you.

If your question is about transferring title upon death, or a FL property law, or splitting evenly between your six kids, or paying taxes on your rental or avoiding probate or whatever, then the answer is it depends. I wouldn't trust an internet forum for these questions anyway.

But yea, lot of people own as trusts. If I were buying Blue Card, I would probably do it as an LLC in my home state. I bought white card as an individual, because I don't plan to hold long. Maybe I wouldn't bother with any of this if the contract were small enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter