Trying something new?

BraveLittleToaster2

DIS Veteran
We always stay at Kidani Village in a 1 bedroom suite. We Love it there, however, we were thinking of maybe trying something new for our next trip. We will have a 7yr old, 10yr old, and a 1 year old when we next go.

It would be nice to have the pullout chair so my 7 and 10 year old have separate beds (one's a boy, the other a girl). But I'm not opposed to not having that as long as there is an option for a cot maybe? Does Disney even do that?

If we try something new we want location to be good. We want to be able to walk to a park, OR have more then just buses for transportation as that is the only downside to AKL-Kidani.

Any suggestions? We visit Magic Kingdom, AK, and Epcot the most. My kids don't really like HS, so we only visit there once for TSM.

Thanks for any help!

For 1-bedrooms with both a sleeper sofa and sleeper chair, your options are AKV (except values), BLT & OKW. At VGF, they put a pull down bunk bed in the TV cabinet. All other 1-bedrooms (except AKV Values) will allow a 5th person, but will not provide any additional beds or linens.

Thanks for the info. Do you think we would like OKW? My husband thinks the themeing of BLT is very non disney and doesn't like it for that reason.

Thanks for the info. Do you think we would like OKW? My husband thinks the themeing of BLT is very non disney and doesn't like it for that reason.

You said:
It would be nice to have the pullout chair so my 7 and 10 year old have separate beds (one's a boy, the other a girl). But I'm not opposed to not having that as long as there is an option for a cot maybe? Does Disney even do that?

If we try something new we want location to be good. We want to be able to walk to a park, OR have more then just buses for transportation as that is the only downside to AKL-Kidani.

Any suggestions? We visit Magic Kingdom, AK, and Epcot the most. My kids don't really like HS, so we only visit there once for TSM.

OKW requires a bus to all four theme parks and both water parks. But you can take a boat or a bus to DTD. There is also a walking path to DTD, but it isn't lit at night and you have to stay off the golf course and stay on the path.

Once the bus leaves OKW (there are five bus stops before it leaves) it take about ten minutes to get to MK and a bit less (about six) to get to Epcot.

But it does have the twin sleeper chair. No extra bathroom like Kidani Village.

I've never stayed at OKW...but I can tell you how much we love the 1 bedrooms at BLT. I am not a lover of "modern and sleek"....and I get what your DH says about the Disney theming....but being able to see the Magic Kingdom is all the Disney theming I need! The best things about the one bedrooms at BLT: two FULL bathrooms (master bath is huge, with a sliding door that separates the toilet/stand up shower from the sink/whirlpool tub area....the second bathroom is smaller, but has sink, toilet and tub/shower. The living area is very roomy, with a pull out couch and a pull out chair. And you should be able to set up the packnplay in the bedroom, although it might be a little tight. Also, MK is a ten minute walk....and easy since there are elevators on both ends of BLT. Easy access to the monorail to get over to Epcot (just learned on our last trip that there is NO bus from BLT/CR to Epcot). It is also a relatively easy walk to the big bus depot at MK where you can take a bus to any disney resort or park.

We love the one bedrooms at Boardwalk too, but the downside is that there is only one bathroom (but again, there is a toilet/sink/standup shower that can be closed off from a larger sink/vanity area and whirlpool tub). There is also no pull out chair, just the pull out couch. I know people do bring their own air mattresses and bedding cuz their kids don't want to share the pullout. Packnplay might be a little tight, but you could probably move the chair over. We love the Boardwalk because of the close proximity to Epcot...we will almost always walk over there instead of taking the boat. Plus there is alot going on along the Boardwalk at night (magic shows and stuff). DHS is also our least favorite park...but we do walk to that park also....it is a little long....15 minutes I think? Bus service from Boardwalk to MK can be very annoying sometimes...especially on busy mornings and there is not an organized line.

Have fun with your planning!

Last summer my family of 5, kids 14, 12 & 10, did a split stay in a 1BR at Kidani then 2BR at BWV (where we own). We just bought resale in Nov 2012. We had stayed at BWI 5 times. I liked the setup of Kidani better but we had a water leak problem at BWV so that might be tainting my views.

In Dec I took just my youngest and we did a split in a 1BR at OKW then studio at BLT. OKW was nice and more homey feeling. The villa was huge. I would stay there again. The studio at BLT was tiny but I loved it and really loved the resort. In fact I book a 1BR there for our trip this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter