Trying to get excited...

Ducky4Disney

-->Place Tag HERE!
I missed my usual May trip to WDW so now I'm trying to get fired up for my Oct trip. I need to make the ressie in a MAJOR way so I can secure it and get excited about it. My Mom wants to come with us and that always make it difficult to plan. She's has a multitude of health problems and I can never tell if she is going to make it or not (usually not). I hate trying to change a reservation at the last minute and either being on a waitlist biting my nails or wasting points on a 2 bdrm when I only need a 1 bdrm.

*SIGH*

I'm going to DISNEY! :wizard: I need to focus on that.

Now we're thinking about splitting the reservation. A 2 bdrm for the first 4 nights at SSR and then a 1 bdrm for the next 6 nights - maybe at AKV. I'm unsure if I want to switch resorts. I love SSR - LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! :love: But trying something new is the great part of DVC.

Ok, I'm done thinking out loud here, if you've read this far, thanks for listening!

D4D

You sound like me. We go often with my parents who have health issues. Last year we rented a scooter for my dad and it helped ALOT. It is nice knowing that is always an option for us in the future. Either way though, they are always tentative about going, so it is a roller coaster before-hand.

We just got back from going in May. We originally booked a 2BR to go with my MIL, but she unfortunately passed away in April, so we were able to downsize to a 1BR. We debated about going at all, but after all we had gone through, we decided we really needed a fun vacation. It was hard to get excited about it, but we did have a good time and it was nice to just get away and be in the "happiest place on earth."

I will say being on the boards often and getting DS (2) excited about the trip did rub off on me despite all that was going on too.

Good luck with all and hope it goes well!

I missed my usual May trip to WDW so now I'm trying to get fired up for my Oct trip. I need to make the ressie in a MAJOR way so I can secure it and get excited about it. My Mom wants to come with us and that always make it difficult to plan. She's has a multitude of health problems and I can never tell if she is going to make it or not (usually not). I hate trying to change a reservation at the last minute and either being on a waitlist biting my nails or wasting points on a 2 bdrm when I only need a 1 bdrm.

*SIGH*

I'm going to DISNEY! :wizard: I need to focus on that.

Now we're thinking about splitting the reservation. A 2 bdrm for the first 4 nights at SSR and then a 1 bdrm for the next 6 nights - maybe at AKV. I'm unsure if I want to switch resorts. I love SSR - LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! :love: But trying something new is the great part of DVC.

Ok, I'm done thinking out loud here, if you've read this far, thanks for listening!

D4D

I think the splitting of ressies is the way to go... You need some time to yourselves.... so this reduces the losses if mom doesn't go... and if she does... then you still have some days alone. Of course you want to try AKV... who wouldn't?

Thinking outloud is mandatory on these boards! What else would we have to do otherwise?

My Mom is an amputee with many other health issues and renting a scooter for her is something I'm planning on doing. She's a bit agoraphobic and hates being in her wheel chair but I want to show her that she can go out in a wheel chair and not be afraid. Disney is great for wheelchairs - she won't feel any different there. The buses can accomadate her, the bathrooms are large enough, and she'll be one in a million in a wheel chair.

We're planning on a 10-night trip with her being there for the first 4 nights. If my stepfather can get away from work I would get them a studio and a 1 bdrm for us. If they canceled I could drop the studio ressie and keep the 1 bdrm without a problem. If I made the studio ressie first without borrowing points, when I cancel it I can still bank the points. But if my stepfather can't make it then I won't put my Mom in a studio by herself (but it's tempting!).

I also need to buy MNSSHP tickets! ACK - I almost forgot about that! And there are quite a few nights during our trip that we could attend. Maybe we'll go once with Allen and then once just DH and me... that sounds like a good plan.
:woohoo:

D4D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter