Trying to Plan...HELP!

**Tinker*Bell*7**

Pixie Princess
I'm a WDW veteran but have never been to DL. Since I was in WDW for the media event 5/5/05 to kick off the first day of the HCOE, I thought it would be neat to be at DL for the last day of the celebration. Am trying to QUICKLY plan a trip for 10/1-10/5 as CHEAPLY as possible. Can anyone give me any advice??? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I think you need to give us more to go on. Do you want to stay on site or is off site ok? Do you need airfare too and if so, from where? How many people?

Start by checking the Disneyland.com website. They have 4th night free around those dates. They are getting full, so if you can't find availablility, check with some one line places like expedia, travelocity, orbitz. You might also check www.getawaytoday.com and Costco.com travel.

For offsite hotels, I highly recomend Candy cane inn (www.candycaneinn.net) You have to book thru Disney, AAA, or directly with them- they dont sell rooms to online places like expedia. Hojo's (howard Johnson) is also another fav in the area.

We like to fly into Long Beach airport, and find the flights into there are often a little cheaper. Its a short drive from that airport to the parks. So, we rent a car. The last couple times I have gotten a car for under $50 (total) for 4-5 days. For a family of 4 its cheaper then a shuttle.

I agree the Candy Cane or Hojo's if you trying to do it cheap, I wouldn't stay on site (can't do that for cheap).

Where are you coming from? Jetblue just reduced airfare into Long Beach. I find flying in to Long Beach is much easier then LAX.

Would need to know more to help with much else. How many people, do you need tix, etc.

Hope it is a great trip. I will be there the 5-9th.

If you haven't already, go to SW airlines website and sign up for "DING"! Everyday they send out specials for CHEAP tickets somewhere... with so many airports in the LA area you're bound to get a deal!

Depending on where you live, AirTran can sometimes have amazing deals too.

I say go for it! Once in a lifetime and all that! :woohoo:

1. Stay at a good neighbor hotel. Here is a map of nearby DLR hotels:

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

2. If you are going for cheap, get a suite of some sort - we got one at Best Western Park Place Inn in 2005. It had a small fridge and microwave. Make a grocery store stop and eat in your room as much as possible.

3. Stay out of Disney stores. ;)

You might want to move those dates up a bit--the last day of the celebration is Sept 30.

I called Disneyland Monday & they said the official last day of the celebration is Oct. 2.

Here's some more info:
It's just me going
I already have plane ticket (Rapid Reward from SW)
The onsite hotels are too expensive so I'm leaning toward a Good Neighbor hotel

Thanks to everyone who responded. Maybe the extra info will help.

Also I need to know about transportation. WDW has Magical Express from the airport. Is anything like that offered at DL??

They do not have Magical express at DL. They do have the Disney express bus, but its different then at WDW. You will have to claim your bags, and get them to the bus, then get them off the bus when you get to the hotel. You can get rates and info at www.airportbus.com Another popular choice is super shuttle. It's about $15 each way, and a little faster then using the bus. Depending on the airport you are flying into, you could consider a cab. From SNA or Long beach its about $35-40 each way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter