trying to read and I see this type all over..just what I hoped for… “We strive to meet e

pookadoo77

Mouseketeer
just what I hoped for… “We strive to meet each

the numbers and letters are in a lot of the posts I try to read, above is a paste and copy from a post. Is it just me?? Driving me nuts. Thanks!

My understanding is that is an issue with the conversion - specifically with things that were pasted from other sources, like Word. It's turning the punctuation into those codes you see. I'm HOPING that they are working on a fix for this, as it has muddied up a lot of my Trip Report posts, making them difficult and ugly to read. :sad2:

My understanding is that is an issue with the conversion - specifically with things that were pasted from other sources, like Word. It's turning the punctuation into those codes you see. I'm HOPING that they are working on a fix for this, as it has muddied up a lot of my Trip Report posts, making them difficult and ugly to read. :sad2:
I was told a fix was being worked on, but it would take a while due to the size of the boards (running queries can take forever). I really hope it's fixable, because I have a lot of those in my Trip Reports, too.

Just to let you guys know our testing went well and are now running the fix on the live boards. Hopefully within 24 hours this issue will be completely resolved. Posts with an ID of under 7.5 Million will already be fixed as of this post.

Just to let you guys know our testing went well and are now running the fix on the live boards. Hopefully within 24 hours this issue will be completely resolved. Posts with an ID of under 7.5 Million will already be fixed as of this post.
@Slavik can you let us know when it's done? Because I'm still seeing lots of issues - some stuff that wasn't converted, others where the punctuation is just gone now (not converted to apostrophe's or quotes or whatever).

Thanks!
Sayhello

@Slavik can you let us know when it's done? Because I'm still seeing lots of issues - some stuff that wasn't converted, others where the punctuation is just gone now (not converted to apostrophe's or quotes or whatever).

Thanks!
Sayhello

Should be all done now.

Should be all done now.
It seems a lot of the punctuation is gone now or is spaces. So not all of the substitutions you did worked. But it doesn't seem consistent what worked & what didn't... Hard to tell with it already done. But thanks so much for what you did.

Sayhello

It seems a lot of the punctuation is gone now or is spaces. So not all of the substitutions you did worked. But it doesn't seem consistent what worked & what didn't... Hard to tell with it already done. But thanks so much for what you did.

Sayhello

Do you have an example for me to look at so i can check the source data?

Do you have an example for me to look at so i can check the source data?
If you look at the first post of this thread

http://www.disboards.com/threads/pa...a-brave-adventure-pre-days-in-london.3334762/

you can see this in the first paragraph:

I flew out on a Sunday. I had 2 choices of flights. One with a 45 minute connection, and another with a 6 hour connection. I, of course, chose the 6 hours. No way is 45 minutes a good enough buffer! And when my first leg left ½ an hour late, I was really glad I’d chosen the 6 hours. But Dulles was crowded and chaotic and I just couldn’t face it for 5 ½ hours. So I splurged, and went to United’s Lounge. Worth every penny to spend the time in there rather than out in the chaos. Free wine and snacks helped, too! I went to the Disney store before I went, and said I wanted a “token” from “Brave” to take with me. When the salesgirl came out with Merida, I knew I’d found my travel companion!

I d instead of I'd. couldn t instead of couldn't. United s instead of United's. token with spaces around it, same for Brave.

But if I look at the continuation in the 2nd post, there's lots of words with apostrophe's and double quotes.

Hope that helps!

Sayhello

Last edited:
Right yes, unfortunately some of the quotes have been saved as different html entities than others in the old forum, so whilst the majority have come over correctly, some of them would be replaced with a space instead as they dont decode into anything correctly.

Right yes, unfortunately some of the quotes have been saved as different html entities than others in the old forum, so whilst the majority have come over correctly, some of them would be replaced with a space instead as they dont decode into anything correctly.
OK, so some manual intervention still required, but not nearly as much. THANKS!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter