TSL Alien swirling saucers height requirements

stephk1981

DIS Veteran
The height requirement says 32 inches, but is there an age requirement? My DD will be 14 months on our next trip. She's tall for her age, and I'm pretty sure will reach this height by our November trip. She road onTSM in April before TSL opened. I realize just because she meets a height requirement doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea. Anyone else take a small child on this ride yet? Thanks!

There is no age requirement for any of the rides.

That’s not giantly tall for that age. My son hit 32 inches somewhere in the 15-16 month range (he was 31 inches at 12 months and 33 inches at 18 months, so I’m guessing a little), and he’s always been pretty average on height.

We haven’t been to Disney since TSL opened, but I’m sure someone will be able to report on experiences with a toddler on this ride!

There is no age requirement for any of the rides.

That’s not giantly tall for that age. My son hit 32 inches somewhere in the 15-16 month range (he was 31 inches at 12 months and 33 inches at 18 months, so I’m guessing a little), and he’s always been pretty average on height.

We haven’t been to Disney since TSL opened, but I’m sure someone will be able to report on experiences with a toddler on this ride!
Thank you! I know Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain in MK have an age requirement of 3 years old as well as the height requirement....so I just wanted to check ! :)
DD is only 10 months and 3 weeks and already 31 1/2 inches lol. My DS wasn't that tall until 13 months so maybe she just seems tall to me ;)

Thank you! I know Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain in MK have an age requirement of 3 years old as well as the height requirement....so I just wanted to check ! :)
DD is only 10 months and 3 weeks and already 31 1/2 inches lol. My DS wasn't that tall until 13 months so maybe she just seems tall to me ;)
Really? I'm pretty sure the only age requirement for any ride is this: Children under age 7 years must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older.
I've never heard of any age requirement on SM or Big Thunder. Is that documented somewhere?

No, as I mentioned before, there are no age requirements for any ride.

Although, I can’t imagine there are very many kids under 3 that would meet the 44 inch requirement for Space and most wouldn’t meet the 40 inches for Big Thunder either.

Sorry if I was misinformed! I'm curious to know if there used to be one? When my son was 2 almost 3 the CM literally stopped us at BTM and asked how old he was even though he met the height requirement. The CM told us the only two rides at WDW that had age requirements were Space mountain and BTM. My husband was upset and a supervisor came over and backed the CM up about the age requirement. That was in 2009.....did they used to have one?

Really? I'm pretty sure the only age requirement for any ride is this: Children under age 7 years must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older.
I've never heard of any age requirement on SM or Big Thunder. Is that documented somewhere?

I'm guessing we were told incorrectly, or there used to be an age requirement? I don't know, but now I'm really wondering! I tried to find something online and there was an age requirement listed on ' Best of Orlando' , but I'm not sure if that's old and accurate for when it was written or conpletely inaccurate. Also I'm wondering why the CM told us that. That had been our first WDW trip with our son, so I just took their word for it!https://www.bestoforlando.com/articles/can-you-ride-check-walt-disney-worlds-height-requirements/

Last edited:
I was wondering this same thing. Our little boy will be 16 months old on our next trip and he was 32” tall at his 15 month Dr appt.

We took him to WDW when he was 7 months old and he rode Toy Story with us because there is no height requirement. What a BAD idea! I forgot how much that ride whips you around and since there are individual bars that come down for each rider he was in the middle with basically no bar (although he was basically behind our two.) I didn’t “play” the ride at all as I was holding onto him from sliding around and had my arm around him so his head wouldn’t whip. Never again!

I haven’t ridden Alien Swirling Saucers yet so I was curious if this whips around as much as TSM? If so, we will not be riding it, even though he’s tall enough!

Hi-
Our DS has just turned 2 on our last trip. He was over the height requirement. The Cm asked me to place him on the floor and he needed to walk to the alien we were riding. There is also no lap sitting and he needed to be sitting between me and dh. The cars do whip around and you have to hold on to the lap bar (which is not like on a coaster - it’s like a fun fair waltz ride!) he rode it a few times and loved it but being just 2 I guess he may understand a bit more than a 16-20month old?
He also rode goofy barnstormer at MK - which he loved. That’s jerky but I could have my arm around his shoulder to protect his head against the ride carriage.

You can view *** from the side so you could see befor you ride if your DS would be ok!

Happy travels

Hi-
Our DS has just turned 2 on our last trip. He was over the height requirement. The Cm asked me to place him on the floor and he needed to walk to the alien we were riding. There is also no lap sitting and he needed to be sitting between me and dh. The cars do whip around and you have to hold on to the lap bar (which is not like on a coaster - it’s like a fun fair waltz ride!) he rode it a few times and loved it but being just 2 I guess he may understand a bit more than a 16-20month old?
He also rode goofy barnstormer at MK - which he loved. That’s jerky but I could have my arm around his shoulder to protect his head against the ride carriage.

You can view *** from the side so you could see befor you ride if your DS would be ok!

Happy travels

Thank you so much! He’s not steadily walking yet so that might seal the deal right there if they ask them to do that and hold on the whole time. He’s not quite old enough to understand full direction following & keep his hands there yet. I’ve watched a few videos of it on YouTube and I did see that it was like a whip ride at a carnival but I wasn’t sure if it was like a gradual smooth feeling of slide to the side or if it was more of a hurky jerky back and forth like TSM. Thanks for the info!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter