TSM standby-less test Oct. 6-9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reports from the park say that there are same-day FP+ reservations you can make and no return tickets will be handed out.

It's not quite 10:00 a.m. Let's see how long those same-day FP+s last.

The reports from the park say that there are same-day FP+ reservations you can make and no return tickets will be handed out.

Interesting. So they can say there were same-day spots but they ran out. No one even has to know how many actual same-days they gave out.

Just checked for TSM for today at 9:54 and here is what I am offered.

Option 1 - 7:15
option 2 - same 7:15
option 3 - 2:35
option 4 - no TSM...was replaced with RnR

Since Disney keeps doing this I have to believe it is something they are going to implement in the future. :sad2: This could be the final straw for our family.

At 10 a.m. eastern there were still FP+ available for 4 to TSMM. Not sure what time is available. Think about how many extra FP slots are available without a standby line. Also, if they get rid of standby, what will they do with Mr. Potatohead?

For shiggles, I checked to see what would come up...got 11:45am, 2:35, 3:30, and 6:35 (and without going in to modify times) But I'm also only checking for one person.

Just checked for TSM for today at 9:54 and here is what I am offered.

Option 1 - 7:15
option 2 - same 7:15
option 3 - 2:35
option 4 - no TSM...was replaced with RnR

I actually booked and will deleted shortly. Could modify to 11:45, 1:45 4:55 6:20, 6:40, 7:25 or 7:50 for a single FP+ (all I have tickets for).

Right Now, Tower of Terror is harder to get. 11:20 or 7:30.

I am all for WDW testing out new methods for managing wait times more efficiently.

However, it is puzzling to me why these tests have to be unannounced. If I showed up expecting to be able to use SB and found out that I couldn't use SB I would be frustrated. If I was told ahead of time that SB would be unavailable, I would be less frustrated.

I am not sure what the benefit is of the test being unannounced. That seems a little bit unfair to guests.

I sure hope the person responsible for this "genius" idea is the one who has to stand outside the ride to turn angry guests away.

At 10 a.m. eastern there were still FP+ available for 4 to TSMM. Not sure what time is available. Think about how many extra FP slots are available without a standby line. Also, if they get rid of standby, what will they do with Mr. Potatohead?

Yeah, what's the point of an interative queue if no one is using it? I guess if this test works out, then everyone will be routed through the SB line so their short wait can be filled with interactive elements.

When we were visiting in August, we got into line for TSM at 7:00 each day (this was when it was closing around 8:00 because of the Frozen fireworks). Once the posted wait time was 50 minutes, the other time it was 70. We waited for around 20 minutes each time. When the posted wait was 70 minutes, we were at the merge point in 13 minutes. I hate waiting in line as much as anyone, but I think we can all agree that a 20 minute SB isn't bad for TSM. But for this week, that option is gone. Totally ridiculous.

I just booked for 5 people. The only time it gave me was 7:40-8:40.

As a side note, does anyone know how I can cancel the other fast passes? I could only figure out how to cancel all 3.

Ohhhh. This will make my Monday entertaining. :) sorry to anyone effected by this, but I'm in "gotta look at the train wreck" mode now.

Is anyone there today with a FP for it? If everyone has a FP, won't the wait go up significantly for them?

I'm with those that say that I HATE this idea. To be honest, I don't see our family getting in a line that's an hour long (anyone standing near DS6 for that long will probably need an alcoholic beverage after lol) so in that sense it doesn't affect us. But it really bothers me not having the choice to stand in line if we want to. If this becomes more widespread then I could see missing out on a ride even if the SB might have been tolerable.

Our Uni passes run out in November and we were considering switching back to Disney this time but this could be a deal breaker for us. It especially annoys me that these "tests" are popping up without any warning. One thing for our family not to be able to ride something as we are local and can come back another day. Not so much for someone who spent thousands on a trip and is completely shut out without even standby being an option.

I'm confused....are they handing out return SB+ tix or no? So folks that arrived right at RD and were first in line couldn't ride? Craziness....I mean I'm sure there were some folks that had that strategy in order to maybe get 2 rides on TSM or a ride there and one of RnRC.

Is anyone there today with a FP for it? If everyone has a FP, won't the wait go up significantly for them?

I think that has to be true. I would guess that FP waits would be closer to 15 minutes than to 5 minutes if every rider is going through the FP queue (though still significantly shorter than SB waits).

ghtx said:
I think that has to be true. I would guess that FP waits would be closer to 15 minutes than to 5 minutes if every rider is going through the FP queue (though still significantly shorter than SB waits).

Is this only true if they are releasing more FPs into the system though? Do we know they are doing that?

I hope they get HUGE backlash from the people visiting this week who are blindsided by this. I do feel bad for the poor CMs who are working at the ride dealing with this nonsensical decision made by some idiot higher up, though. But the only way this won't stick around is if the people speak up...and loudly!!

I am all for WDW testing out new methods for managing wait times more efficiently.

However, it is puzzling to me why these tests have to be unannounced. If I showed up expecting to be able to use SB and found out that I couldn't use SB I would be frustrated. If I was told ahead of time that SB would be unavailable, I would be less frustrated.

I am not sure what the benefit is of the test being unannounced. That seems a little bit unfair to guests.

I don't know if these things have ever been announced. In December 2009, they had a 3 day test of Virtual Standby Queue on Rock 'n Roller Coaster. You picked up a card then you had to wait in the RnR plaza area until the letter on your card was called. Then you proceeded directly to the preshow. The system eventually became the Dumbo virtual queue. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2351433

From a research standpoint, telling people about the test could taint the results. Of course with the internet, once a test starts, at least a group of people will know fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter