Tuesday's Too Early for Turkey Riddle

hiwaygal said:
oooohhh!!! A science question???

Can I try??
Be my guest!
Explain why a melting sugar cube is an example of a chemical change. What new matter is formed? :confused3

lewdyan1 said:
Be my guest!
Explain why a melting sugar cube is an example of a chemical change. What new matter is formed? :confused3

It's forcing a change in the state of the matter from a solid to a liquid by applying a source of energy (heat).

The new matter is the liquid form...I think it's sucrose (but I'm not sure about that part).

Mr google says this:

Melting a sugar cube is a physical change because the substance is still sugar. Burning a sugar cube is a chemical change. The energy of the fire has broken down the chemical bonds.

geez..didnt you google it??? LOL

firstmickey said:
Mr google says this:

Melting a sugar cube is a physical change because the substance is still sugar. Burning a sugar cube is a chemical change. The energy of the fire has broken down the chemical bonds.

I thought googling was cheating?? :confused3

Who needs to know? You got your answer, didn't you? :ssst:

firstmickey said:
Mr google says this:

About 10 times and kept getting different answers! Did I mention I hate science! :rolleyes:

Thank you mensa people! :goodvibes

You too Kelly! :goodvibes

firstmickey said:
Probably because you kept saying melting a sugar cube when you meant HEATING it! :teeth:
No that was question #1. That was something about carbon being the remaining element after the sugar was heated. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter