• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two OKW CMs Retired

Chuck S

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
I don't know if this has been posted here, but on our recent trip we found out that two of the long-time OKW CMs retired.

Rufus, the OKW/DtD Ferry Boat skipper that for years "honked his Conch" retired, according to the skipper we had last week.

Wanda, an Olivia's server during Breakfast shift retired last month. Her husband had retired from his job earlier in the year, so she decided it was time for her to retire and enjoy life with him. They've sold their home and moved near their daughter.

I'm sure the many OKW owners here wish both of these CMs the best, and thank them both for the great memories!

We were there on Wanda's last day, having lunch at Olivia's. The staff was all preparing a little party for her in a side room. We don't own at OKW, and it was our first time there to boot, but it was nice to see all the CMs giving a nice sendoff to a longtime coworker. :grouphug:

I remember Wanda! Don't remember the Skipper, though.

Best wishes to both of them and may they have a great retirement! :flower:

People actually retire from jobs at Disney ??? I plan on retiring and getting a job a WDW.

People actually retire from jobs at Disney ??? I plan on retiring and getting a job a WDW.

That's funny - my husband said the same thing - in fact, he is planning to do the Behind the steam tour and jokingly told me that I shouldn't be surprised if he calls me from the tour and says to find a place to move that he has taken a job on the train crew!! LOL!

I said, well, ok, if they will pay you what your regular "real life" job pays, go right ahead, I would love to live in Orlando!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter