Two Week Christmas Stay

kes601

DIS Veteran
We just got back from a great two week trip.

We spent the first 10 nights in a 1 bedroom at BWV. During the time there we mostly focused on HS and EP. We sprinkled in 2 MK days — early mornings and then Christmas parties at night. We also went to AK one night. Thoroughly enjoyed it by stacking G+ for the evening and purchasing a LL for Flight of Passage.

Highlights of the BWV portion of the stay — learning how to maximize G+ at HS, Space 220, and just being at the Boardwalk. Our biggest issue with BWV is just the lack of decent Quickserve options in the Boardwalk area.

We then moved over to Poly for the last 4 nights. After a major check-in issue (which I won’t go into, but they made things right) we now have a new favorite resort. Poly is just so peaceful and the studios are huge. We were worried that we were always going to want to book a 1 BR after the BWV portion, but Poly made us feel otherwise. We only went to MK while on this part of the stay.

Highlights — the Poly food, the peaceful walk or boat ride to MK, and doing every ride at MK in about 6 hours (4 in the morning and 2 at night) including 11 G+ Selections.

Everything about the trip was great with the exception of guests adhering to indoor masks, especially on rides. The worst of this was on It’s a Small World. For some reason the cast member chose to put us directly behind a family who didn’t have their masks on and said nothing to them. Compounding that they were in rows 1 and 2. He made us sit in row 3. Left the rest of the boat empty and the boat behind us was empty. I was furious. We spoke to the guest experience team about several of our experiences. She was very nice, obviously nothing she could do about it. But she even admitted that the “higher ups” said if it slows down load time then don’t enforce it. Seriously?

But, back to the good. Disney was fun. Disney was relaxing. G+ was much better than I had anticipated.

169 days til we go back…..

Great report! I have yet to visit Poly but hope we can during our resort hopping plans in February. That sucks about the mask wearing and enforcement. Much like mask wearing at stores, it shouldn’t be on the cast members to have to hold things up, it sucks that two years in people still can’t bother to do the bare minimum for others on their own without needing to be called out on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter