Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?

afff

A Triple F
Please help with picking a water park for our 9 and 5 year old.
Which water park suits them better ...... Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?

Thanks in advance for any info.

They are both great. We prefer BB for the family raft ride and the slides. We usually do both though because my kids also love the wave pool and shark reef. One word of caution if you choose TL the wave pool is very strong.

Is TL pool too strong for our 5 ( almost 6 ) son?
Thanks for you response.

Just back from WDW... we had our 6yr old granddaughter with us at TL... she loved it. Gotta watch them though! She loved the slides and raft rides as well.

Without the waves going the pool is great, then a bell will sound for the oncoming of the strong waves. Don't take your kids to deep for the first wave so you can get a feel for it yourself.

On our last trip to TL, our 7 year old DGD lost her balance and tumbled with a wave, scraping her side and elbow on the floor of the wave pool.

A wave caught her and away she went. She had been in the pool for some time with no problem so I guess it was just a fluke that she tumbled.

A Mickey ice cream bar helped ease the pain and brought a smile to her face but it was painful.

I wonder if she will remember that incident when we return to TL on March break? She will turn 12 years old while we are there and she is much bigger now. :sunny:

BB has way more for smaller and bigger kids alike to do than TL we went to TL for the first time this trip and didn't much care for it.

Yes, quite viscious for young (& old!). My 5 year old enjoyed being at the very edges of it & watching the excitement. My 9 & 10 year old are still talking about the bruises & scrapes from it. I was actually rather concerned after seeing a few kids in too far & getting hurt. Overall loved it all there though. But I would recommend BB over it if I had to choose only 1.

It was a freezing cold day when we were at BB and warm & sunny day we were at TL, but the 5 year old LOVED the kiddie area much more at BB than TL. DD's 13, 10, 9 all preferred BB. YMMV though. Theming at BB cuter for us Northerners in Florida, I thought. But Shark Pool is only at TL, if that's a draw for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter