• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Typhoon Lagoon while pregnant? And with a 2 year old?!

Gillian

DIS Veteran
If there's a nice, sunny day next week, we'd like to go to Typhoon Lagoon (blizzard beach is closed). We will be 3 adults and a 2 year old. I have a bunch of questions!

First, I'm about 5 months pregnant. Can/should I go on any of the tube rides? I'm thinking not, but I do love them!

Also, where is a good place to sit with a 2 year old? Are there chairs near the kiddie area? I've never even been over to that side of the park & have no idea what to look for! I did check out a map, but it doesn't show where there are lounge chairs & stuff.

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

I am pregnant also, and I know that I am not allowed to go on any water slides because of the forced water when you go down the hill issue. I would say that it's ok unless there is forced water somewhere .... but I'm not a doctor. Check with you OB and see what he/she says.

I went to Blizzard Beach last May when I was 6 mos. pregnant, and also had my 2 y/o ds who had a blast at the kiddie area there. I *did* go on Teamboat Springs (big family-sized raft ride) and had no problem at all, but you should ask your prenatal care provider what s/he thinks is ok for your pregnancy. I'm sure the big waterslides will be off-limits. It's been awhile since I've been to Typhoon Lagoon, but I do recall sitting in lounge chairs/picnic tables under a thatched-roof cabana in the kiddie area. I don't remember how many of these covered areas were there though and I'm sure they fill up quickly in the busier seasons. Otherwise there were other lounge chairs out in the open too. Be sure to keep your fluid intake up so you don't get dehydrated! Have fun!

Sue:D

Thanks everyone! :)

I don't want to do any of the water slides, but I do like the tube & raft rides. It looks like a lot of rain next week, so I don't even know if we'll go, but I think DS would like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter