• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ugh…..Post cards

Dismama2boys

DIS Veteran
My kids are trying to get a few post cards from every trip we take, and I totally forgot to look for any while we were there last week. So, two questions….

1) Does anyone know if they sell any DL specific post cards at the park? And if so….

2) Does anyone know of a service that will purchase things for you and send them to you for a fee?

Thank you!

Up until about a year ago, you could buy a nice individual DL postcard. Often they’d include images of the castle, sometimes with Mickey/Minnie standing in front of it. With my MK/AP, they ran about $2. However, those have since been replaced by “artistic renderings" of various DL attractions such as Space Mountain. I haven’t seen a single card for less than $5 since this change (for the worse). In fact, the SM cards are around $7. I dislike the new cards intensely and I despise the price spike even more. I wouldn’t buy one of the ugly new cards at the old price let alone at the new obnoxiously high price. Hopefully they revert to the old way of selling cards but that seems unlikely.

Last edited:
I can’t say for land but at world the only post cards I’ve seen on property are the wonderground gallery art prints off site the third party gift shops and many area Wallgreens have them

If I can find a decent third-party maker of DL postcards, I'll become a customer. I truly hate the new cards and not simply because of the price. They're ugly and the recipient is unlikely to understand what they're supposed to be. It's like visiting the Eiffel Tower and buying/sending an artistic impression of the Tower... that looks nothing like the ET. You'd get home and your friends would be likely to say, "Hey, you promised to send me a postcard from the Eiffel Tower. What happened?!" Maybe I'll just make my own.

Target and drugstores sell postcards similar to the old traditional …for future trips…

In the meantime I think Some online businesses will convert a photo to a Post Card of your personal photo selection.
“Wish You We’re Here “ is a great traditional Greeting … I wonder if a Office Depot or Staples , etc… has this in their printing service in your nearby city…

Get duplicate because a child will ineveitably write something on the right hand side where the address is supposed to go…
been there done that with many of the kids I have handed a post card with pen to…and they always cry when they realize their mistake .
Which has also made me sad because I had to learn to bring a duplicate and also need to make trip to Post Office for Post Card Stamps if you really want to make it authentic.!
I love Postcards
I have a really big overstuffed album held together with thick bands and all the DL/ DCA/ WDW post cards plus the ones they used to place in hotel rooms…in desk drawer to discover.
They also used to send out Holiday greetings, etc…

Got this PostCard in the mail from Disney… once upon a time
It’s my favorite:

6A84A25A-7359-4FC0-B16B-1A72AB491C48.png

Last edited:

I can’t say for land but at world the only post cards I’ve seen on property are the wonderground gallery art prints off site the third party gift shops and many area Wallgreens have them
At World the postcards got moved behind the counter at most gift shops a few years back. Too many were walking away. I assume that all but killed their sales though.

I imagine that the same happened at Land.

At World the postcards got moved behind the counter at most gift shops a few years back.
I imagine that the same happened at Land.
No, definitely not. I've asked at several stores and have always been told that they haven't seen the good post cards in quite some time.

During my first trip to Disneyland in 2015, I remember having a hard time finding a regular postcard in the park. I was thrilled to find one with classic characters in front of the the castle. I was planning to send it to my grandmother and I liked that she would be able to recognize the characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy).

We've been looking for postcards too and found nothing in our last two trips. We love sending postcards to my parents. Three trips ago we got some at a little shop on Harbor but it wasn't the same. I also asked shop employees with no luck. Super bummed about this and hope someday they'll bring them back.

I received this one a couple of months ago from friends who went to DL. They said they bought it and mailed it on Main Street, but they didn't say which specific shop.
IMG_20230803_234731402.jpg

Pre pandemic, I have not been to DL since May 2019, both the A Mart and 711 by the Candy Cane Inn had a wonderful selection of postcards. A Mart is a fun place to check out in general::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter