UK flights pairing with DVC room

DVC has been very very difficult to get this year, with the amount of pent up demand. I don't know that i would bank on the waiting list coming through.

Yes, demand must be massive this year, we already had to change our original requests a couple of times with what was available. I think with all of the different elements we have conspiring against us we either need to bite the bullet and pay a boat load for a holiday close to what we want (having not going anywhere during covid, and quite fancying a bit of a blow out!), or look at the options for renting points direct from DVC members.

We'll be in Disney some how this summer this summer though!

I think with all of the different elements we have conspiring against us we either need to bite the bullet and pay a boat load for a holiday close to what we want
If you need to stay with those flights then you need a backup to DVC. If you are wanting to stay on property then availability at resorts may be very limited by now, especially at the cheaper end (like All Stars and Pop).
But depending on dates you might be able to book something for the small deposit and not need to pay the balance until (I think) 8 weeks before, so if DVC came through you could cancel with little loss.
Off-site hotels would be easier as availability will probably be better and many can be cancelled free almost up to arrival date, so would be a good backup option for DVC. The downside is being outside the WDW ecosystem which may or may not be a problem for you.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people here but they need information to be able to help. Can you do a longish post (perhaps a new thread even) detailing the dates, number of people and ages, starting location [edit. Actually if your flights are locked in that wouldn't be needed], what your ideal holiday would be, what alternatives might be acceptable, etc.? You might get some interesting suggestions, especially on the off-site options if that is a possibility for you.

DVC has been very very difficult to get this year, with the amount of pent up demand. I don't know that i would bank on the waiting list coming through.

Agree when we purchased Points form a lovely member on here. We had multiple choices for resorts as a back up. Lucky we did well as the member booked at the 7 month window for our split stay. But could not get 1 resort due to days selling out. Lucky our backup was available.

Highly recommending using this to check dates for resorts,

https://tools.dvcvacations.com/points-calculator

Yes, demand must be massive this year, we already had to change our original requests a couple of times with what was available. I think with all of the different elements we have conspiring against us we either need to bite the bullet and pay a boat load for a holiday close to what we want (having not going anywhere during covid, and quite fancying a bit of a blow out!), or look at the options for renting points direct from DVC members.

We'll be in Disney some how this summer this summer though!

from what i understand, renting points is cheaper than a holiday package.
Have you tried for Saratoga Springs Resort?
It tends to have more availability.
I know there are people who hate it, but we actually like it a lot there.
It's our home resort, although we are staying at bay lake tower this time, but we would all happily stay at SSR if that's what had been available.

Thanks all so much for your willingness to give advice, it is really appreciated.

I've taken Plague's advice and started a new thread so I don't keep filling this one up! :)

I'm currently in a limbo state where we've booked our flights, and submitted our DVC rental preferences, but the well known agency don't have anyone selling the points we need right now. We've left ourselves on the waitlist to see if any come in, but are also considering if cancelling the flights (still in 7 day cool down period) and booking a package instead would be better value if we can't do DVC rental.

We haven't done DVC rental before so are choosing to do it through an agent to give us confidence in booking. But then there is also a good chance the resorts we want won't be available soon, it's all a bit stressful 😩
I am guessing you have checked dvcrentalstore.com ? Ironically they sponsor DIS. I believe they also sell entire pre booked trips. I would check the dates then check the flights. See what works best for you.

I am guessing you have checked dvcrentalstore.com ? Ironically they sponsor DIS. I believe they also sell entire pre booked trips. I would check the dates then check the flights. See what works best for you.
Plus, you can always book off site for say a day either side to fit the dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter