Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story

Diznygrl

Disneyland Fanatic
Did anyone else watch this last night, or am I the only crazy one? :rotfl2: Like most kids growing up in the 80s and 90s, Saved by the Bell was a huge part of my childhood and I watched it so much over the years that I know every episode like the back of my hand. This movie was pretty horrible with dreadful acting as expected, but fun to watch in a trainwrecky sort of way.

Of course it was mostly based on Dustin Diamond's memoirs (sanitized version!!) so it focused a lot on Dustin's "Poor me I had to play the geek who didn't get any girls while everyone else on the show was totally cool and hot" lament. Get over it, Dustin. :rolleyes:

I wanted to see them replicate sets and scenes from the show, but the sets didn't look right and all the scenes they did never even happened in the show except for when they did the little snippet from Jessie's caffeine pill addiction. I guess that's what happens when you're "unauthorized"...all of that stuff is under copyright so they were limited in what they could do?

Another thing I thought was weird was they were pretty much spot on with the wardrobe that each of the characters wore...except for Screech. For some reason they dressed him in stuff that looked nothing like anything he ever wore on the show. :confused3 Perhaps to emphasize his "geek" status, but as if the wild clothes the real Screech wore weren't dorky enough??

Thoughts?

I am a HUGE SBTB fan. I rushed home from school every day to watch it on tv (the reruns). Even graduated same year as the kids of Bayside. I even named my kid Zack after Mark-Paul's character (no joke).

That being said, I was excited to DVR it last night and watch it this morning.

My thought on it was that it was just ok. Not super cool, worth a watch, but nothing in it that really shocked me. I have read a lot about the show though in the past, and knew a lot already.

I know Dustin always felt shunned and I knew that the show would be sure to make that known.

I think they easily could have made this a 2-part story. Bayside high in the first story, and the second could have been The College Years and The New Class. Since Dustin was in all of those episodes.

I was more impressed with this movie than I thought I would be. My expectations were very very very very low.

But I have to give a standing o to the girl who played Elizabeth Berkley. Thought she made a better Jessie. Turns out--she had some Shakespeare training on her resume. And since Dustin didn't trash Elizabeth--that original EB was a much more serious actress than I give her credit for. (Though the girl in the movie was better. )

I watched. I thought it was Meh at best. Very skewed to Dustin Diamond's view point. It could have been a lot more interesting.

I watched it! It was alright and brought back some memories but it couldn't replicate the original feelings completely

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter