Unique Crafts for Gifts?

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I am a teacher and recently received a very unique craft idea from a parent and her child. They took an acrylic picture frame, turned it on its side, and created a very decorative Post-it holder.

I'm looking for more unique craft ideas like this that would make simple, yet cute and touching gifts. Any ideas?

*NikkiBell* - Do you have a photo you could share? I'm not getting how the acrylic frame becomes the Post-It holder. :confused3 I'm a little slow this morning. ;)

UP Disney - Thanks so much for sharing that!! That's a great idea!

OK, now I love that CD photo holder! Thanks for posting!

I thought this was a unique idea too. A friend of mine had girls make these at Girl Scout Camp. Some of the adults ended up making them as well. They turned out really cute. She bought Disney cards at the Dollar Store. She also bought some Disney puzzles and used the completed puzzle for the front and back as well. I want to make one of these as well.

Clear Duct Tape Card Purse

I made a bunch of these for Teacher Appreciation week and made more to "sell" at the Relay for Life in June. The teachers loved them!

I can't find the photo, but I also made one with a 5x7 frame that has a calendar. It really came out cute!

do you really need the card making supplies or could you improvise with the "Just A Note" Tag on top ? ? ?

Another silly question. (L) How do you get the post it pad to stay on. Do you take the back sheet off and stick it on, do you glue it, etc. ? ? ?

do you really need the card making supplies or could you improvise with the "Just A Note" Tag on top ? ? ?

I think you can.

Another silly question. (L) How do you get the post it pad to stay on. Do you take the back sheet off and stick it on, do you glue it, etc. ? ? ?

It looks like it was just stuck in with the last post it. Not sure how well it would hold up. Make sure you use the regular post it's though, not the accordion ones.

So did you end up gluing the post it pad on the frame? I think I'd like to make a few for co-workers for the holidays. Wouldn't it be neat to make them for gifts with photos of the person,etc.

I'm going to try to make one this weekend. However, not exactly certain how I'm going to adhere the post it note pad on. I'm thinking maybe even make like a pocket to slide the post-it's in and glue the pocket on. ? ? ? Will have to play with that one.

I went to AC Moore Craft Store & More and picked up some scrapbooking card stock for them. They also had some Mickey sheets and I got one of those too. So I'm gathering my supplies so I can make a few this weekend. I'll let you know how they come out. So far it seems VERY easy to make. Still figuring how to get the post it to stick. I may use a glue gun ? ? ?

i would love to see more ideas. Something that 9yr old could make for gifts would be awesome!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter